| FTBL Will Alabama rebound against Florida?

How will Alabama deal with the heartbreaking loss to Arkansas?

• Come out flat like they did at Auburn last year

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bamatommy

Will the Tide put the Arkansas heartbreak behind them and play tough against the Gators, or will they limp out of the gate like they did against Auburn?

I think they'll play a great game. They'll play their tails off.

I see Bama coming out and playing their tails off. I think the Arkansas game was one that had to leave them thinking they have what it takes to get it done against anybody. From the outside looking in, the biggest question was whether JPW could perform under some real pressure on the road. Arky was a hostile atmosphere against a team in desperation mode (To save their coach) The question about Wilson was answered.

Now having said that, if both teams play up to par, I still give UF a slight edge(Esquire ducks at this point) based on two things. Home field advantage, including the payback factor, and UFs defensive line. I think they will be able to put enough pressure on JPW to disrupt his game. I see this as being decided by 3-6 points with both teams slugging it out.

The biggest question should not be whether the "Team" will come out and play, instead the question should be will CMS allow them to play a good game!

Ask not what your team can do for your coach, ask what your coach can do for your team!

I see Bama coming out and playing their tails off. I think the Arkansas game was one that had to leave them thinking they have what it takes to get it done against anybody. From the outside looking in, the biggest question was whether JPW could perform under some real pressure on the road. Arky was a hostile atmosphere against a team in desperation mode (To save their coach) The question about Wilson was answered.

Now having said that, if both teams play up to par, I still give UF a slight edge(Esquire ducks at this point) based on two things. Home field advantage, including the payback factor, and UFs defensive line. I think they will be able to put enough pressure on JPW to disrupt his game. I see this as being decided by 3-6 points with both teams slugging it out.

Esquire, as always, thanks for the kind words......even though you don't believe a word of it yourself. :lol:

Thanks for the kind words but BAMA has some serious work to do before Saturday. Like it or not Florida is performing like a well oiled machine right now and they have a defense that would make Arkansas' look like might mite level or something.

It's gonna be a tall order.

Well, as I said before the Ark game (that we would lose), I will say again here...There is NO way that we will beat Florida at the swamp with the kind of play I personally witnessed Saturday. We couldn't run the ball against one of the worst rushing defenses in the nation. Florida is going to be pumped, and I think we get dumped. Losing faith rapidly in this team.....and Coach.

I am still a bit surprised that Chris Leak is considered a Heisman hopeful. He has not earned that distinction, IMO. But Tim Tebow is going to be a monster, as much as I hate to say that. I hope we don't see him on the field.

We have the potential to make this a big game, but there is much to be done. No way we play Florida like we did Arky and come out with a W. Or lose by only one point, for that matter.

Tydegrrl said:
I am still a bit surprised that Chris Leak is considered a Heisman hopeful. He has not earned that distinction, IMO. But Tim Tebow is going to be a monster, as much as I hate to say that. I hope we don't see him on the field.

We have the potential to make this a big game, but there is much to be done. No way we play Florida like we did Arky and come out with a W. Or lose by only one point, for that matter.

Where are you coming from? Leak has been outstanding this season. Tebow is going to be good but they are making a mistake by even putting him out there. They should be rallying around Leak so he can put together a monster season.

Bama won't win. Not in the same league.

I think we will come out and play hard, but I didn't see anything yesterday that gave me a good feeling about next Saturday. JPW looked good, but Shula was hell bent on getting the rushing yards up to 100.

The only way we have a chance IMO is if we throw caution to the wind and completely forget this conservative stuff. The OL has to get much more physical from tackle to tackle. Penalties have to be eliminated. We will get a couple just because we're on the road.

I hope I'm wrong. I would LOVE to have to eat my words.

Just don't see us coming out with a win. Too much was sacrificed against Ark and now the team has to bounce back emotionally as well as mentally just to play a decent game. UF is "pumped" big time and I think UF will be too much the Tide to overcome. Shula is not a motivator. The team will respond to some degree - naturally; but it won't be enough.

HOPE I'M WRONG IN A BIG WAY TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bama has the talent to beat them. Will they? Lord, I hope so. I'm upset with the play-calling right now so I have my doubts. If we play conservative again on offense they will kill us. Shula needs to let go of the leash on our boys & let them prove their talent on the field. Don't hold them back, let them play the game.

Should be a middle choice. I don't necessarily think they'll come out firing on all cylinders, but I don't see them being flat and getting killed like they did against us. I think you'll play fine, the game will be competitive, but Florida will win.

Back
Top Bottom