| FTBL Why this Natioanl Championship is different from the one in 2009

Was a GA fan until I moved to B'ham in 85. Couldn't find GA on TV and everyone asked was i for Bama or Auburn. I said I already hated Auburn so been with Bama since. The coach Mike years were tough but the ride has been great.
I was at Ft. Stewart, well I live off post on the west side of the Stewart. It was hard for me to get a Bama game, but I did. It was always on and AM station.

Seems we have a few UGA transplants. Do not blame them. That is probably the only way they are truly going to elevate to the next level and both fanbases despise the Barn so it works :). At least they found a solution to their UGA problem.

I got here as soon as I could as well. It's a feeling I'll never forget as it was always my dream as a kid to go to a big time SEC school. Family disowned me (except my Mimi, she jumped on board), but we doing just fine!

I got here as soon as I could as well. It's a feeling I'll never forget as it was always my dream as a kid to go to a big time SEC school. Family disowned me (except my Mimi, she jumped on board), but we doing just fine!
Well not surprised your UGA family disowned you - From the GOAT - " Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people. "

Each national championship is unique. The last two in 2017 and 2020 each provided an escape. Just two weeks into the 2017 season, my father died very unexpectedly. So Bama winning it all that season helped me in a time of tremendous pain. And of course, 2020, nuff said. In a year when we were told in no uncertain terms that there would be no season in any way, shape, or form, (coming from Chris Fowler and Kirk Herbstreit of all people) Bama runs the table and wins it all in dominating fashion. And on top of that, we did it In a year where we had no spring practice, no A day game,.and extremely limited summer workouts. Game postponements and cancellations happened left and right. Look how many times we had to rearrange our own schedule. The 2020 natty is beyond special.

Each national championship is unique. The last two in 2017 and 2020 each provided an escape. Just two weeks into the 2017 season, my father died very unexpectedly. So Bama winning it all that season helped me in a time of tremendous pain. And of course, 2020, nuff said. In a year when we were told in no uncertain terms that there would be no season in any way, shape, or form, (coming from Chris Fowler and Kirk Herbstreit of all people) Bama runs the table and wins it all in dominating fashion. And on top of that, we did it In a year where we had no spring practice, no A day game,.and extremely limited summer workouts. Game postponements and cancellations happened left and right. Look how many times we had to rearrange our own schedule. The 2020 natty is beyond special.
Certainly most unique year one could even imagine....
And sorry about ur dad...
That pain is real...

But i guess my #1 will be....
....being at Orange Bowl in 1965.... and beating Nebraska in a "un-bear like" offensive shootout......our skinny little boys vs Nebraska giants...Creed Gilmer (170 pound DE) vs Nebraskas all american OT..Jeter (i believe..at 275lbs).. Steve Sloan quarter backing flawlessly... back n forth game...

great memories...

I grew up with Creed's family and he actually provided me and my Dad with tickets for our first Alabama game(s).

The difference to me.... we didn't have to squeak out a 12-10 win by blocking a kick against anybody. 😁
I can honestly say that by the 2nd half of every game this year, I felt pretty damn good about the outcome, even being tied with Ole Miss at the half you could tell there was nothing they could do to stop our offense.

I grew up with Creed's family and he actually provided me and my Dad with tickets for our first Alabama game(s).

any bama fan that doesnt know about him...was a DE...at 178 pounds or so...
Went up against nebraskas Tony Jeter ? At 270 or so...in orange bowl...
Bear knew where nebraska would run..BUT..... Gilmer just would cut Jeter and LB would clean ot up...worked all night...
And after every play...Gilmer would put his hand out and help Jeter up...classic
Creed Gilmer. #81 ( Tim Bates #56)
12D1BA55-90A1-41F3-B03B-BB1CC41DFFB4.jpeg

No BS. Gilmer’s legend against the huskers and other play inspired me when I played JH and HS football. I was 150 lbs playing standup lineman and sometimes hand in the dirt end. Coach Tucker was a straight Bryant acolyte and he awed me with that story about Gilmer. Once I understood the tactics I developed a strategy that gave tackles and TEs fits. It’s one reason I rarely comment on any players lack of size.

Back
Top Bottom