| FTBL Why does Miles feel the need to talk so much smack?

HiTide

Verified Member
Not that I disagree with him, but why doesn't he worry about winning the SEC before preparing his arguments to play for the national championship? Geez. ;scr

The LSU coach appealed to his base in early July by taking shots at USC's league. This is what Miles reportedly said at a speaking engagement in New Orleans:

"I would like nothing better than to play USC for the title. I can tell you this: They have a much easier road to travel. They're going to play real knock-down, drag-outs with UCLA and Washington, Cal-Berkeley, Stanford -- some real juggernauts -- and they're going to end up, it would be my guess, in some position so if they win a game or two, that they'll end up in the title [game].

"I would like that path for us. I think the SEC provides much stiffer competition."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=2977178&sportCat=ncf

The entire world knows the SEC is a beast. So it we paint USC to be world beaters, then the SEC team that gets them will look that much better after kicking them in the teeth.

Look at last year. No matter what was SAID about OSU before the game. The SEC truth played out on the field.

That said, what do we expect? He puts his foot in his mouth more often than Fulmer puts doughnuts in his.

GoodScotch said:
Just hearing about this?

Sorry if I offended you by posting old news, there are some of us though that work more than a part-time job at Chucky Cheese and thus might miss some tidbits here and there.

Old news or not, Miles is an idiot. Why anyone would want to put a target on their back before the season even starts is beyond me.

HiTide said:
GoodScotch said:
Just hearing about this?

Sorry if I offended you by posting old news, there are some of us though that work more than a part-time job at Chucky Cheese and thus might miss some tidbits here and there.

Old news or not, Miles is an idiot. Why anyone would want to put a target on their back before the season even starts is beyond me.

Well put. I think the target is placed on your back anyway when the AP ranks you 2.

LBS said:
The entire world knows the SEC is a beast. So it we paint USC to be world beaters, then the SEC team that gets them will look that much better after kicking them in the teeth.

Look at last year. No matter what was SAID about OSU before the game. The SEC truth played out on the field.

That said, what do we expect? He puts his foot in his mouth more often than Fulmer puts doughnuts in his.

HHAAAA! 9/10

"The entire world knows the SEC is a beast. So it we paint USC to be world beaters, then the SEC team that gets them will look that much better after kicking them in the teeth.

Look at last year. No matter what was SAID about OSU before the game. The SEC truth played out on the field"

Actually, before Gary Danielson (CBS), big ten alumnus, went to bat for Florida and the SEC, the hype machine of ABC/ESPN were talking of a Ohio State/Michigan rematch. The point is that Florida almost did not get its shot on the field. You have to use the media to get your team out there.

Back
Top Bottom