Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bobby Petrino

• Kirk Ferentz

• Jim Grobe (the Wake Forest guy)

• Total voters
I know you all have to be wondering how much better this program could have been if we had kept Lenny, Dabaxter, and Shula. Oh well, we'll never know now.

I'm a little disappointed a young, dumb Tider27 didn't weigh in with this one. Not as young any more but still pretty dumb. The nicest part? Being able to construct actual grammatically correct sentences, for the most part. :lol:

^^That's the thing - I'm pretty sure I was in the same boat...hell, back then I didn't think that a guy like Saban or Spurrier would give us an honest look.

Always funny to pull this thread out and look at it though.

I think I remember sitting at my computer and laughing at all of you wishing for Saban because we were so far down then that I just knew we were stuck with Shula. I remember telling my then-husband about some guy claiming Saban was being hired, but I thought it was so far-fetched. I do remember thinking how amazing it would be to get Saban, but I thought it was impossible. Glad I was wrong! Lesson-learned? Don't think so dang much! Lol

I was a fairly new member at claysbamapage when this post started; I was in the Shula camp until the loss to Miss. St., and that loss put me in the "Fire Shula" camp. I think our last two games that season (2006) was LSU and the barn; I heard from a third party source (but still a good source) about 30 minutes before kickoff with LSU that Shula's gone and Saban's a go. As bad as it sounds I had mixed emotions those last two games; I didn't want to root against my team, but I didn't want any reasons for Bama to retain Shula neither. I remember not repeating the info heard with coworkers nor at clay's because at that time firing Shula rumblings were just starting and no one was talking about Saban yet. I knew no one would believe me and I didn't want people thinking I was crazy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom