Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LSU

• Florida State

• Georgia

• Total voters
I can't live in South Georgia with all these Dawg fans for another year without a win. They beat us last time in BDS, and I still haven't heard the end of it. Plus, I should be at that game, and I really want it to be a win!

That’s tough to say. Are you saying we would lose to other four that we don’t pick? If that is the case, it may be MSU. Losing to them two straight years would be pretty devastating. Plus, that’s one we should win anyway. UT is our #2 rival. LSU could be important because of the recruiting battleground Saban has created between himself and Miles. FSU because their fans have been first class a-holes since the game was announced. UGA could be important because they are kind of down right now so a win against them could be very important this year. I’ll probably say (assuming our odds against the rest remain the same regardless of the pick) LSU because we haven’t beaten them in a while.

Of course it is Tennessee. We may dislike LSU here recently because of the whole Coach Saban/LSU fans vitriol towards us, but that does not imply the stratification of a new #2 rival. UT is and has always been our #2 rival.

Funny thing is, UT considers us their #1 rival. So does the barn, so does LSU, so does MSU.

When you are the most storied football team in the land you have alot of people shooting at you.

Swamptick said:
Of course it is Tennessee. We may dislike LSU here recently because of the whole Coach Saban/LSU fans vitriol towards us, but that does not imply the stratification of a new #2 rival. UT is and has always been our #2 rival.

I think this kind of thinking goes back to that old debate we seem to get into here almost every year of “would you root for the barn if a win for them meant Bama would win the west, go to a better bowl, etc.” I think the same folks who say “I could never root for the barn” are the same ones who will vote Tennessee. The ones who say LSU realize they will be our chief rival (along with the barn but they are not listed) for winning the West and a win over them is bigger than a win over UT because it gives you a full game advantage in the standings and allows you to control the first tie-breaker. Some may say winning the West is not realistic for next year, but I think there are six teams all with an equal shot right now. I think our first goal in regaining national prominence is gaining control of the West. To do that we have to beat Allbarn and LSU in recruiting and on the field. That is why I say that in the great scheme of things, beating LSU right now is more important than beating UT.

Swamptick said:

Funny thing is, UT considers us their #1 rival. So does the barn, so does LSU, so does MSU.

When you are the most storied football team in the land you have alot of people shooting at you.

MSU considers us a rival? that's hilarious - and the only reason I knew that we were rivals with LSU is because it says so on NCAA Football (video game), but I don't think Bama fan get up for that game quite as much as LSU fans - I picked UT, I love it when we beat them, and hate it when we don't

We have to beat FSU I live in Fl and theses FSU fans think the ACC is so powerful. Well I want them to know who the powerhouse is. BEAT FSU!!!!!! There fans kill me thinking there CrimiaNOLES are the best.

Back
Top Bottom