| FTBL Where should Bama be ranked tomorrow?

I would not be afraid to see Bama playing the puke orange again. If Bama plays the game they are capable of playing, the Vols will have a problem. I just hope the guys (players and coaches) come around and get serious, as I know they are capable.

C'mon Tide, ROLL!

We may not get another shot at TN, I'm not sure they make it to Atlanta. I would love to play them again, though, to get the streak re-started.
Agree and expect this to be honest. If they look in the mirror this morning they will see that also. I expect them to drop at least 1 game and that would be UGA.

I would not be afraid to see Bama playing the puke orange again. If Bama plays the game they are capable of playing, the Vols will have a problem. I just hope the guys (players and coaches) come around and get serious, as I know they are capable.
Agree with this also. Not sure if we can clean up what we are seeing but 17 penalties is a historically bad night. I thought after the 15 with Texas there was no way we would see that again but well we did. Another road game played sloppy.

I will say if we could clean up the penalties we are the best team in the country with BY on the field. Saying that even with the horrific secondary play. Oh that is a huge IF...

It took 52 points or they gave up 52 points? The penalties weren’t caused by Tennessee. Alabama did not look good. I think top 6, at this point, is being generous.

You're saying the same thing, because they had to score more than 49 to beat us since we scored 49, and our dedense had to give up 50 to lose it, so either way Tennessee had to do something, a lot, to beat us. They are a good team and we didn't just lose to a Group of 5 team.

We may not get another shot at TN, I'm not sure they make it to Atlanta. I would love to play them again, though, to get the streak re-started.

I am now concerned they won't play Georgia near as tough as us. Stetson is no Bryce, so they seriously could outscore Georgia rather easy. The difference is they got Florida and us at home, so Georgia gets them at home on a lucky year they are playing well.

I was at a softball tournament for about 15 hours yesterday and had to watch our game from my phone. As soon as Tennessee made their winning kick a Georgia tent just blared Rocky Top as loud as they could and you could hear it anywhere at the park. I laugh because it's amazing how much we are in Georgia's head and that they still know we are the standard and concerned with having to beat us. I do hope Tennessee goes in and airs it out against their weak secondary. If we think ours is weak, wait until you watch Georgia's. But Kirby isn't shy about blitzing like we are, so that could be the difference.

I'm more worried about us making to Atlanta rather than who we may play IF we can get there. This team could easily be 3-4 right now instead of 6-1. Now, wouldn't that be a talking point....

I am now concerned they won't play Georgia near as tough as us. Stetson is no Bryce, so they seriously could outscore Georgia rather easy. The difference is they got Florida and us at home, so Georgia gets them at home on a lucky year they are playing well.

I was at a softball tournament for about 15 hours yesterday and had to watch our game from my phone. As soon as Tennessee made their winning kick a Georgia tent just blared Rocky Top as loud as they could and you could hear it anywhere at the park. I laugh because it's amazing how much we are in Georgia's head and that they still know we are the standard and concerned with having to beat us. I do hope Tennessee goes in and airs it out against their weak secondary. If we think ours is weak, wait until you watch Georgia's. But Kirby isn't shy about blitzing like we are, so that could be the difference.

We should look and see how UGA plays this Tennessee D conceptually.

Bama played Turner off the line, in an apex spot much of the game. 3 man front. How will UGA align?

And obviously, we should see how UGA plays the switch releases with stacked WRs lined up near the sideline. I will bet no WR gets 230 yards receiving. Not saying UT won't score, but will they have so many wide open TD passes?

Bama played Turner off the line, in an apex spot much of the game. 3 man front. How will UGA align?

And obviously, we should see how UGA plays the switch releases with stacked WRs lined up near the sideline. I will bet no WR gets 230 yards receiving. Not saying UT won't score, but will they have so many wide open TD passes?

We always laughed at Big 12 defenses and how wide open OK receivers were. At times, we looked Big 12 in pass coverage. The safety matchups got us, don't think everyone else won't try it. Really disappointed in Battle, from a superficial standpoint without knowing the calls. He may have been doing what he was supposed to do during some of those plays, but the results weren't great looking from any untrained eye.

You wonder why they maintained that same set with Turner you speak of after getting torched for even a half, yet we do it most of the game.

Georgia's secondary is soft. Even with all the love Keelee Ringo got after the Pick 6 in the Natty, he's freaking weak. Hooker has the ability to light their asses up if his line can block Georgia's relentlessness. That's the difference between Kirby and Golding, Kirby isn't afraid to send the house and get home. Golding did a good bit of the A&M game, but then got away from it at times and they drove the field on us, so no clue why he wouldn't have applied the same logic against a much better quarterback in Hooker over a guy like King.

You wonder why they maintained that same set with Turner you speak of after getting torched for even a half, yet we do it most of the game.

Georgia's secondary is soft. Even with all the love Keelee Ringo got after the Pick 6 in the Natty, he's freaking weak. Hooker has the ability to light their asses up if his line can block Georgia's relentlessness. That's the difference between Kirby and Golding, Kirby isn't afraid to send the house and get home. Golding did a good bit of the A&M game, but then got away from it at times and they drove the field on us, so no clue why he wouldn't have applied the same logic against a much better quarterback in Hooker over a guy like King.

Agreed with all that. I am interested to see how the D scheme looks vs. Tennessee because it's the same base defense, but with different guys installing it and calling the D. I do wonder if there's been a difference in Year 1 without Dan Lanning as DC?

At the very least, I think Bama coaches will see some things UGA is successful with that Bama didn't try to do. If Tennessee wins, those will be valuable teaching tools.

I may be a prisoner of the moment, and know the game is in Athens, but I think Tennessee beats UGA on Nov. 5

We always laughed at Big 12 defenses and how wide open OK receivers were. At times, we looked Big 12 in pass coverage. The safety matchups got us, don't think everyone else won't try it. Really disappointed in Battle, from a superficial standpoint without knowing the calls. He may have been doing what he was supposed to do during some of those plays, but the results weren't great looking from any untrained eye.

I haven't been impressed with Battle this year. Last couple years he seemed to be a guy who could read and break on passes.

In the UT game, there was one overthrow where as a deep safety it seemed he gave up on the ball, and he could've picked off the ball that was overthrown in the window in front of him.

And Battle doesn't seem to want to play physically. He doesn't pursue top speed to the sideline, and when he meets a ball carrier he pushes them rather than going all out and putting a shoulder into the ball carrier. That happened on one UT TD. I've noticed him not wanting to hit people several times this year.

Hellams has issues in coverage, but at least he will hit someone.

Back
Top Bottom