| FTBL Where have all the Auburn flags gone?

HiTide

Verified Member
I grew up in SE Alabama. After HS, I spent 4 yrs in the Military, moved back to SE Bama, graduated from TSU, and ended up in South Georgia. I spent 8 yrs in GA (being the only Bama fan in the county), then 2 yrs ago moved to North Alabama.

(Obviously) I expected to be surrounded by Bama fans when I moved back to Bama. But what really surprised me was the incredible amount of orange & blue paraphernalia: Auburn tags, stickers, magnets, mailboxes and the flags - those dang ugly flags mounted to car doors, houses, anywhere they could hang ‘em. “Where did all these Auburn fans come from, I’ve only been gone 8 years?”, I thought. I would expect to see a good number of these disgusting displays while driving up I-85 between ‘Barn & Opelika, but in North Alabama?

And then something strange happened. I woke up Sunday and something had changed, but I wasn’t exactly sure what it was. All week (while at work, on the road, at home), I knew something was different but I just couldn’t put my finger on it.

Then, it hit me.

All the Auburn flags are gone! They just up and disappeared! There one minute, gone the next.

I feel like I’m in the twilight zone. I think I like it.

Living in Texas, I'm not around it, but once I year when we are back in Bama, I can't stand it. There are Barn fans everywhere, I've NEVER seen soo many damn Barn fans in my life around/outside of Birmingham.

It will be glad to see the bama fans "wear" their support again.

Typical Barner when their team drops a couple of games they go back to their bunker! and pout! :lol: But I have a better idea they could just drop them off at their local jiffy lube and be used there! RTR! :lol:

Try North Atlanta

I grew up in Alabama, but have been in North Fulton since 1992 and it does my heart good to see all the Bama tags and flags flying now days. You still see a lot of Barn colors, but it's amazing how much Tide Pride you see.

I have 2 kids in UGA (thank$ for playing the lottery everyone), and 2 just accepted at Alabama. I have to be nice, but it's going to be fun watching the Tide whip 'em.

ROLL TIDE!

Funny you guys mention this… :lol:

Everyday, my drive to and from work is up and down 431 - same route almost every day about the same time. I noticed in the past few years that I was meeting an increasing number of vehicles with “AUBURN” tags on the front of the car. Yesterday I met one going home that I am used to seeing and the tag on the front was turned around backwards!! It is a very distinctive shade of blue on a lifted Toyota Tundra, I KNOW it was the same truck. Also, as it passed me, I noticed all the stylized AU magnets had been turned upside down. I don’t know if the driver did it himself or if some buddies were messing with him and he didn’t notice it. But, it was absolutely hilarious!! I laughed the last 5 miles home!!! :lol:

bamarooski said:
Typical Barner when their team drops a couple of games they go back to their bunker! and pout! :lol: But I have a better idea they could just drop them off at their local jiffy lube and be used there! RTR! :lol:

I have a better idea, lets just ban them from football forever. Actually, all sports.....im sure no one will have a flag then.

Where have all the Auburn flags gone

Long time passing?

Where have all the Auburn fans gone

Long time ago?

Where have all the Auburn flags gone?

Spoiled by upsets every one.

Barners will never learn.

Barners will never learn.

(Sorry, I just couldn't resist breaking out into song.) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I flu my Bama flag through the ups and downs. This week, for the first time in a while, every time I walk past my front porch I have to crack a smile.

Recently I was shopping to find some new good flags or airsocks to get for my SUV to represent the Tide. I didn't go to any Hibbets or BAMA/AU fan store but I did go to Publix, Academy Sports, etc. I saw a crapload of AU flags and stuff but the Bama flags were sold out or had the more plain designs that others probably didn't care for.

I was in Academy Sports and saw these Bama airsocks above some of the registers but there was only 3 of them in a sea of orange and blue airsocks. I looked and looked all around in the displays for those airsocks but the only ones they had for you to grab were AU ones. The only Bama ones were those that were above some of the registers. So I politely asked one lady if she would mind asking a manager or male employee to grab 2 of the 3 Bama ones they had left. She jokingly said, "oh hell no! I'm a Auburn fan". I laughed and said "it's fine, I don't want a female geting hurt trying to get these down but if she could, please get me someone to help me get these down". The lady ignored me and turned to talk to another coworker!! What the? So I see the manager walking around and I grab him and ask if he'd get them down. He called over some 20-something guy and he grabbed them down for.

Moral of the story: i find it ironic that for the past few years all you'd see going down the highway on Fridays or gameday, is AU flags and such. Now it seems you don't see it as much and in the stores, its hard to find Bama stuff as opposed to them having plenty in stock of AU stuff.

If AU fans are really that wishy washy about when they support thier team and when they don't, then that's pathetic. When we were in the slumps for several years, I still represented my favorite team no matter what.

Where have all the Auburn flags gone? They are still siting in stores waiting for a true fan :lol:

bear facts said:
Which reminds me, where have all the regular Barner posters gone?

:?

Lurking in the shadows of message boards and trying to cope and find some answers. Nobody feels like talking much trash right now. We are eating humble pie instead.

My Alabama alum wife and I have a contest during football season. We have a "House Divided" flag and one flag from both schools. The rule is: on a Saturday, if only one team wins, their flag goes up in the front yard. If both teams win, the House Divided flag goes up.

I have had an Alabama flag in my front yard for the past two weeks. ;sh

I know we are better than we are playing, but the way it looks right now, that Alabama flag might be up there for quite a while yet. :(

circledrill said:
bear facts said:
Which reminds me, where have all the regular Barner posters gone?

:?

Lurking in the shadows of message boards and trying to cope and find some answers. Nobody feels like talking much trash right now.

My Alabama alum wife and I have a contest during football season. We have a "House Divided" flag and one flag from both schools. The rule is: on a Saturday, if only one team wins, their flag goes up in the front yard. If both teams win, the House Divided flag goes up.

I have had an Alabama flag in my front yard for the past two weeks. ;sh

I know we are better than we are playing, but the way it looks right now, that Alabama flag might be up there for quite a while yet. :(

I couldn't do it.

bamarooski said:

That's funny because it's exactly what we say when Bama is losing. I guess the opposite side in a rivalry always likes to think that. For the record, my flag, stickers, etc., are all in place and I'm wearing my A_U-B-U-R-N shirts every day, even moreso than usual (dang I wish ya'll weren't afraid to see the name spelled out without hyphens. :D :D

I might add that losing a FB game doesn't change what I do with my paraphenalia because my love of my school is about a lot more than football and I think (at least hope) that's the same with ya'll too.

Proud Tiger said:
bamarooski said:

That's funny because it's exactly what we say when Bama is losing. I guess the opposite side in a rivalry always likes to think that. For the record, my flag, stickers, etc., are all in place and I'm wearing my A_U-B-U-R-N shirts every day, even moreso than usual (dang I wish ya'll weren't afraid to see the name spelled out without hyphens. :D :D

I might add that losing a FB game doesn't change what I do with my paraphenalia because my love of my school is about a lot more than football and I think (at least hope) that's the same with ya'll too.

I've never noticed many BAMA fans hiding their paraphernalia when BAMA is not playing well. I have seen it a few time but not many. It would be something like 1 BAMA fan to every 100 aubarn fan.

Let me just say this. There is a sports memorabilia store here in North Alabama that sells BAMA, aubarn, and violentqueers stuff. I know the woman that owns the store, and this is what she told me. Even during the year aubarn went undefeated, she still sold more BAMA gear than aubarn crap. She said BAMA sales never take big dips, even during the 3-8 year, she still sold as much BAMA gear as she does now. aubarn crap, on the other hand, is sold in waves. When aubarn is winning, she sales more of their crap. When they are losing, and not playing well, she says the abuarn sales dip significantly.

Good to see you guys back (PT and circledrill), still looking for vatz to make an appearance and TM to show up.

Don’t ever repeat this but I’m a little fond of TM! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom