| TV/MOVIES/MUSIC When you pay money for advertising on Twitter claiming "you're trusted;" you are not.

@TerryP How much do you think the corporate ownership/privatizing of major news organizations has fundamentally changed most major news organizations from being able to truly be objective in their reporting?
That's a good question. I see the "It's Disney" referenced a lot when we talk about the social issues and how ESPN is handling their broadcasts. (It's interesting to me CBS Sports has gone the opposite direction.) In that case I have a hard time putting it on Disney though I understand how it's, in a sense, symbiotic.

I have to weigh that against personal experience with a media group that's privately owned where I see the same lack of objectivity.

I'm of the opinion it's a lot like what we saw on the football forum a few weeks ago with Stewart Mandel's "apology." He mentions how living in California has swayed his opinion while citing the lack of hearing "both sides" of an argument/conversation. To me, the lack of objectivity has a root cause that's found in the people and groups these reporters 'hang out' with. It's a literal echo chamber.

To me, the lack of objectivity has a root cause that's found in the people and groups these reporters 'hang out' with. It's a literal echo chamber.

That is always going to be the balance of any media source to keep that at a minimum. Heck, any regular businesses run the echo chamber hazard.

It is just that at one point that the major TV news media Big 3 or Big 4 has had at least one of their legs pulled out from beneath them when the primary objective was to turn a profit as opposed to reporting the news & letting folks decide for themselves.

I remember when CNN was a joke business model but once Baby Jessica fell down that well that all changed & the privatization of news media took off long before Disney starting buying up everything.

Back
Top Bottom