| FTBL when will bama win another national championship?

when will bama win another national championship?

• 3-5 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5-10 years

• never (if you vote this one, may lightning strike you down)

• Total voters
T

tidentrue12

with all things going in their present direction:

1. no scholarship limitations
2. no coaching changes
3. the good recruiting classes

when do you guys and gals think we could be seeing our next NC.

i vote 3-5 years, unless pre-scheduling future weak teams totally messes up our SOS.

This is almost impossible to predict, I never would have thought we would win in 1992. (So what my point on that is, it could happen any year.) Even half way through the season and maybe beyond that. I remember Jay Barker making some great plays more than once to get us there, plus the number two team losing and jumping us up in the polls was the catalist. No body gave us a shot all year.

I honstley think 3 to 5 we may have a chance. But we have to get back on top of the SEC first, thats the key. No SEC championship, no NC. We aren't ND as you know. :roll:

you are right, i should have posed the question as when we will start to consistently compete for one.

"when" is such a finite question requiring a finite answer.

I think next year will be our year. We will have seniors at WR (possibly Prothro included), a more seasoned QB, one mature O-line, a good kicking game, and Kines will still have some good experienced guys on D. 2007 should be something special. I just hope we don't loose any of our coaches to other programs (Kines mostly).

tidentrue12 said:
you are right, i should have posed the question as when we will start to consistently compete for one.

"when" is such a finite question requiring a finite answer.

Nah, I dont think so. Its a legit question. You can look at recruiting, coaching and how all that is gelling within the program and form some sort of loose matrix and come out with a year. But there are so many variables and well, plain luck that no one could predict. Not to mention the BCS. :roll:

An example would be Tennersee, on paper those guys should have been in the Rose Bowl last year playing for all the marbles.

Johns381 said:
I think next year will be our year. We will have seniors at WR (possibly Prothro included), a more seasoned QB, one mature O-line, a good kicking game, and Kines will still have some good experienced guys on D. 2007 should be something special. I just hope we don't loose any of our coaches to other programs (Kines mostly).

Just adding some input, but both Auburn and LSU have been using stats such as these consistently for the past couple of years. Bama will just now be at that point in creating a consistent basis of experienced/good players.

I think what you'll see is total hell in the West... Just like when UGA/Tenn./Florida were all very great teams at the same time.

i only think 1-2 years in advance, so im seeing next year to be our year to win some games. national championship....... i doubt it.

vatz22au said:
Johns381 said:

Just adding some input, but both Auburn and LSU have been using stats such as these consistently for the past couple of years. Bama will just now be at that point in creating a consistent basis of experienced/good players.

I think what you'll see is total hell in the West... Just like when UGA/Tenn./Florida were all very great teams at the same time.

I agree vatz. Not only will the west be good but the east will as well. The SEC is truly about to reclaim the honor of toughest conference in America. UGA has been recruiting like gangbusters for the last two years, UF had the best recruiting class to hit Gainesville since the Evil Genius and the Evil Genius will have USC in the best position they have ever found themselves in. Quite frankly, I think UT will be the eventual "odd man out" in the East and Vandy and UK will be the perpetual doormats as always.

In the West, LSU has had some very good recruiting classes under Saban that have yet to cycle through their system. I really don't think that Miles will do much with them once he loses his talent base but they will be good for another couple of years at least. Tubby just continues to reload down on the farm and continues to recruit Georgia well despite UGA's recent success. Shula seems to have opened the Florida pipeline to Bama and if only he can get the Mobile connection restored, you will see the Tide rise even higher. (It's paramount we start keeping LSU out of the Mobile "backyard"). I honestly think that Houston Nutt just basically screwed the pooch last year. I hate him but he knows how to recruit and he has potential to be better than average in most years. MSU and Ole Miss will always remain the West doormats unless the leaugue is really down.

All that being said, Bama will have the potential to contend for conference and National Titles, I think, next year. All excuses will be off the table by then. It's almost time that the playing field has become truly level again. It's good for Bama football and it's good for SEC football period.

I would be really happy with being on top of the SEC. We have to get to this point before considering a NC. Its great to dream about though. It is always possable. Even if we won all games last year the BCS would not even thing about giving us a chance at a NC.

i really, really think Bama has a shot this year. we have a very solid team this year. yeah we lost Brodie, Demeco, Mark Anderson, Roach, Harper, Preprah, and a few others which were All-SEC calliber players, but there is depth and talent at every position. I think Juwan Simpson might just take up where Demeco left off and just be a flat out dominating presence on the football field and Terrence Jones is a freakin race horse, that kid is going to be a beast rushing off the edge. this year is the year that Simeon finally shows everyone just what he can do as an all time starter, that kid is gonna be up there with his dad, Fernando Bryant, and Antonio Langham as one of the best Corner's in bama history. on the d-line Wallace Gillbery and Jeremy Clark are anchoring it. and replacing my homeboi Charlie Peprah (who was a CB playing FS, and playing it well) and Mr. Fuck Tennessee himself Roman Harper at the Safety spots will be most likely veterans Marcus Carter and Jefferey Dukes with a very talented white kid Bryan Kilpatrick waiting in the wings. and on the other side of Castille will obviously be the little big man Ramzee Robinson who smothers recievers. on offense the biggest spot gone is obviously the leader Brodie. replacing him will be a young gun who has all the talent in the world, John Parker Wilson, if this kid stays poised the possibilities are endless for him. damn does that kid have an arm. on the outsides once again will be DJ Hall and Keith Brown holding it down. if DJ can get all this off the field stuff behind him (alot like Juwan Simpson) then that kid can be a dominating receiver while Keith Brown can leave ANY DB in the dust with that speed. this duo can definatley be hell for DB's in the SEC. also, there is alot of talent behind them with Nakita Stover, Will Oakley, and speedster Matt Caddell. Nick Walker and Travis McCall make a very nice TE combo and Walker has the talent to become a dominate force in the middle of the field. the o-line is STACKED with Chris Capps, Antwoin Caldwell, Kyle Tatum, and BJ Stabler holdin it down and the youngsters, Andre Smith and David Ross, coming in. now to the backfield which is absolutley STACKED and the onlyting i can compare it too is the 1996-1997 backfield of Dennis Riddle, Curtis Alexander, and Shaun Alexander. K.D. leads it all and just needs to keep playing like he played last year and will break all of Shaun Alexander's rushing records (except TD's) and behind him are two young kids that are foaming at the mouth for more playing time, Glenn Coffee and Jimmy Johns. from the minute i found out that Jimmy Johns had signed with Bama i have told my friends, watch out for this kid man and from the minute i heard that he was being moved to RB, i knew that defenses are going to be in trouble with this kid. he has side, speed, and his blocking and patience is getting better. the best backfield in the nation is right here and then you look at the FB's, the best blocking FB, Le'Roin McClain, and the TD machine, Tim Castille, are still the top two FB's and will once again be the best FB tandem in the nation. with all of this said, Prothro will prolly get a medical redshirt this year and if we dont get it this year definatley in the coming years we will have another National Championship. Bama is back to stay.
Earl Alexander

I have to say 3-5 years.Not that it couldn't come sooner but we are just not as solid at depth as we should be. We are getting there. Time is eroding our excuses so after next recruiting season we should be starting to see the depth talent evening out.
Having said that just as someone pointed out earlier we also have to have luck on our side as well.All great teams have had the ball bounce their way and losses by key teams to move up the dreaded ''BCS BullSh!t ladder''.
We have to get used to dominating our division and that is a tough task because of the talent in the SEC. It's sick and it getting tougher.We basically beat each other up and knock ourselves out of the national race.
It plays to the advantage of the lesser conferences.But hey you wanna be the best ya gotta beat the best and it is a weekly thing in the SEC.
So sayeth kudzu!!

bamafan850 said:
I hope we can stay healthy all year, this is the key. I was amazed in the difference that one player (Prothro) made in the games.

That's a great point bamafan850. It is certainly one of the biggest factors in pushing for the big picture.

I voted for 3-5 years. I can see us competing for a title sooner, but we have yet to advance to an SEC title game or BCS game under Shula. I'm betting that we will probably have to advance to that point and a fail a few tests at that level before we win actually win one.

Winning a national title isn't as easy for anyone as it was in the past.

Back
Top Bottom