| FTBL When do they cut Charlie Weis?

planomateo

- outscored 102-13 in the first 3 games of the season
- outscored 187-30 in last 5 games
- offense only scored 13 points in last 3 games
- getting whooped by last 5 opponents
ADDED - Lost both bowl games by 14+ points.

Understanding he lost some talent last year, but he has been recruiting there for 3 years now.

Based on how things have gone with other Notre Dame HC's, this could be his last year.

I really don't like Notre Dame - and I can't figure out why they are getting all this TV time now - they do NOT deserve it.

You know....he's doing the same thing Willingham did there. Willingham came in like a gang buster his first year or two and it all went downhill from there. Didn't take the Dome long to can him. I'm not saying that Weiss will get the same treatment, just noting the similarities.

porkchop said:
You know....he's doing the same thing Willingham did there. Willingham came in like a gang buster his first year or two and it all went downhill from there. Didn't take the Dome long to can him. I'm not saying that Weiss will get the same treatment, just noting the similarities.

yeah, way too many similarities... based on his record thus far, he appears to be VERY overrated. Guess we will know in the coming years what his recruiting abilities are like, seeing as how he is in his 3rd year.

I wish I could find out how much he is to be paid if he gets canned, I'm sure it's alot of $$.

You would think the geniuses up there at ND would figure it out by now, but I guess they need to pi$$ away a little more money before it all adds up.

They had Urban Meyer. It was his dream job. He asked that they allow him to recruit something like 5 athletes per year that did not have to meet the school requirements academically, just the NCAA's. They were about as arrogant to him as we were to Bobby Bowden back in 86. In this day and age of college football you are either going to be a decent college and a football factory or you are going to be an awesome academic institution and a doormat for everyone you play. You cannot be both a great academic school and a football powerhouse.

rammerjammer said:
You would think the geniuses up there at ND would figure it out by now, but I guess they need to pi$$ away a little more money before it all adds up.

They had Urban Meyer. It was his dream job. He asked that they allow him to recruit something like 5 athletes per year that did not have to meet the school requirements academically, just the NCAA's. They were about as arrogant to him as we were to Bobby Bowden back in 86. In this day and age of college football you are either going to be a decent college and a football factory or you are going to be an awesome academic institution and a doormat for everyone you play. You cannot be both a great academic school and a football powerhouse.

It's sad, but very true

Back
Top Bottom