| FTBL What team, only one, do you think could be a surprise this coming fall in college football?

@bamachine, bold. Six wins would equal their win total over the last four years combined.
Yeah, hence why I said way out on a limb. Their prior coach did fairly well in recruiting, for KU, plus we know Les can win with other coaches recruited talent. What got him at LSU was going up against his predecessor plus losing out on quite a few in state studs to Saban. I figure he will win enough to get bowl eligible in the first year,maybe even getto like 8 wuns in second and then start to regress back down to the 4-5 win seasons(better than they had before) and he will be gone again after 4, if he has not already jumped ship for a better program. Miles is a second tier coach, right behind the top tier of guys like Nick, Dabo, Shitheadurban and a few others like Kirby. I would put him in the Mullen group, although behind Mullen.

@bamachine, would you call him the SEC's version of Mack Brown?
Pretty spot on. Mack might have owned the B12, if it were not for Stoops. Both Mack and Les won a title with ridiculous talent, then both got a shot at a second one, where they both ran into Saban. After both lost in the title game to Nick, they both panicked and tried to completely change their style without changing the type of players they recruited. Both tried to emulate the Bama program, without the dedication of Saban or his loaded rosters, that could put different defenses out there for different styles of offense.

Memphis. Smokes Ole Miss in opener. Doesn't play UCF in regular season. Returns QB Brady White. Gets, or at least shares with UCF, all of the media love for Group 5.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom