| FTBL What is the latest on Alexander?

Right now I don't think there's a lot going on. But I did read recently where cincy is still interested in having Alexander come in as a backup or insurance policy to Rudi Johnson. The Saints have also met with Shaun from what I understand. I was reading a blurb on Duece McCallister the other day where he was asked what effect that (Saints/Alexander) had on him and he said that it was business and he understood the situation.

I'd love to see Shaun with the Saints, but I hope Deuce is fully recovered from his injury. The dude is the heart and soul of the New Orleans Saints.

CrimsonPirate said:
I'd love to see Shaun with the Saints, but I hope Deuce is fully recovered from his injury. The dude is the heart and soul of the New Orleans Saints.

Yes sir ,your right about that. I just think SA would do well in NO. There is enough of a supporting cast around him that he could really shine and help the Saints to the big game. It's a good fit for both.

didnt mean to open a new topic for this, but aint there any news on anyone beeing interested in him?
ive been searchin a bit but didnt find any indications,
is it just the injuries that scare ppl away from him or how high is the cap hit ?

thanks for the quick reply, id rather be in BR than here, on topic , i understand all the concerns in that article but he deserves a shot somewhere, there is no way noone could use him, yeah i dont know about the money factor though.

bamagirlinBR said:
http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10869084/rss

Roll Tide from Baton Rouge !

It sucks living amongst all of this purple and gold.[/list]

There's the injury factor. And the hands factor. And a desire and competitiveness that don't seem to be there.

I'll buy one out of three with the injury, but NOT the other two. The injury and his age effected his speed, but following his career under Holgrem, CMH has babied his QB and slammed Alexander every chance he got. Shaun is the consumate professional. He wouldn't air the dirty laundry publicly, but if you worked for a a$$ like Holmgrem and got very little support, perhaps your drive wouldn't be the same.

As for "hands", anyone ever watch Hasselbeck throw to a RB? Shaun had over 400 yards receiving his Sr. year.

DO NOT question his competiveness. He played through a stress fracture in his foot until he finally made it worse. Some GM will see through Holmgren and give Shaun a shot. He may never be Shaun the great again, but I still believe, given the right oppertunity, he could be a top 12 back.

shipley00 said:
I'll buy one out of three with the injury, but NOT the other two. The injury and his age effected his speed, but following his career under Holgrem, CMH has babied his QB and slammed Alexander every chance he got. Shaun is the consumate professional. He wouldn't air the dirty laundry publicly, but if you worked for a a$$ like Holmgrem and got very little support, perhaps your drive wouldn't be the same.

As for "hands", anyone ever watch Hasselbeck throw to a RB? Shaun had over 400 yards receiving his Sr. year.

DO NOT question his competiveness. He played through a stress fracture in his foot until he finally made it worse. Some GM will see through Holmgren and give Shaun a shot. He may never be Shaun the great again, but I still believe, given the right oppertunity, he could be a top 12 back.

This is one of the better and more accurate posts I have read in a while. The only thing that might not pan out is some GM giving him the shot. I DO think he could still be a top 12 back in the right setup but I think he has been given a bad rap here lately. It makes me wonder if it has anything to do with him being such a low key, Christian person. Sometimes it's a shame but the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Back
Top Bottom