| FTBL What if Jimmy Johns was the starter?

Our record if JJ had been starter all year?

• Total voters

T-Bone

What would our record be if JJ was the starter? Swap the number of carries between the two and tell me what you think our record would be. I dont see us being 8-0 but i see probably at least one more more, possibly two.

My thing with JJ is that as tough and hard as he runs, can he handle 25 carries?

I voted 8-0.

I would love, and maybe it's already happened, for the sportswriters of Ala to ask Shula, "why do you bench someone in the second half who is averaging 12.5 yards per carry in the first half????"

Billie Bob said:
I voted 8-0.

I would love, and maybe it's already happened, for the sportswriters of Ala to ask Shula, "why do you bench someone in the second half who is averaging 12.5 yards per carry in the first half????"
I'd like to virutally bitch slap everyone that keeps on talking about how much better JJ is than Darby.... they both have two completly different styles.. while yes I will agree that we should use JJ some more, I defiantly don't think he should be the starter

Unless JJ knows how to kick FG's, then I think we are exactly where we are now, but I know I'm the minority.

Chew on this: In the 4 games prior to UT.

Against Arkansas:

CAR YDS AVG LG

Kenneth Darby 26 64 2.5 12

Jimmy Johns 8 24 3.0 6

Against Florida:

CAR YDS AVG LG

Kenneth Darby 14 76 5.4 20

Jimmy Johns 4 14 3.5 9

Against Duke

CAR YDS AVG LG

Kenneth Darby 18 115 6.4 20

Tim Castille 3 14 4.7 8

Jimmy Johns 5 9 1.8 3

Against Ole Miss

CAR YDS AVG LG

Kenneth Darby 25 162 6.5 37

Jimmy Johns 5 28 5.6 11

Nate said:
Billie Bob said:
I voted 8-0.

I'd like to virutally bitch slap everyone that keeps on talking about how much better JJ is than Darby.... they both have two completly different styles.. while yes I will agree that we should use JJ some more, I defiantly don't think he should be the starter

Well go ahead and virtually bitch slap me. ;flame
The talk is not going away, by most accounts Darby is having a bad year. Oh yea, and denial is not a river in Egypt.

You have to believe that the record would be better but I would'nt say we would be undefeated but maybe 1 loss. and speaking about next year....DONT FORGET ABOUT GLEN COFFEE, UPCHURCH, SHARIFF(however you spell it), and Grant

Yep and if frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their asses when they hop~~ Good grief JJ's ok but, he will be 2nd string next year behind Upchurch watch and see!!!

eshad said:
They didn't want to risk losing him for the next two games, for a few more carries.

I read this also, and couldn't believe it. They benched him against Tennessee to save him for Florida International and Mississippi State!

Paul Bryant played against UT with a broken leg. Jimmy Johns was sidelined with a "sore ankle."

I say we could of pulled out one of our loses with him starting. Just a poke in the dark though. Plus we're still going to be 5-3 no matter what.

Tider 27 said:
I say we could of pulled out one of our loses with him starting. Just a poke in the dark though. Plus we're still going to be 5-3 no matter what.
I agree to disagree (lol) no seriously. I do not think stating is the problem. Just more carries for him and I think we squeeze out 1 more victory.

Back
Top Bottom