| FTBL What does press conference tomorrow mean?

I am beginning to believe that after Saban interviewed both McElwain and McNulty, he chose the latter.

McElwain is holding a PC to announce that he is staying and Saban will issue one of his press blurbs announcing unceremoniously that McNulty has joined the staff.

Some guy over on BOL is claiming that his cousin is the AD over at FSU and he just called him saying "ya'll stole our coach". He say's that his cousin said the conference tomorrow is to announce that he is taking the position, they support him, and announcing his replacement who is already on staff.

TIFWIW

Big_Fan said:
I am beginning to believe that after Saban interviewed both McElwain and McNulty, he chose the latter.

McElwain is holding a PC to announce that he is staying and Saban will issue one of his press blurbs announcing unceremoniously that McNulty has joined the staff.

I am glad this post was wrong :D I really like McElwain.

Perhaps this guy is honest and straight and wants to thank everyone and formally announce that he is leaving. If this comes true it will be a great hire and once again show that CNS has a great eye for not only talented players but also talented coaches. RTR

rammajamma said:
Perhaps this guy is honest and straight and wants to thank everyone and formally announce that he is leaving. If this comes true it will be a great hire and once again show that CNS has a great eye for not only talented players but also talented coaches. RTR

I was just wondering the same thing. Could have asked Saban/Mal to let him be the one to break the news.

rammajamma said:

I hope your right RJ.

If he is announcing that he will be leaving FSU and coming to Bama it's the right way to do it. With respect to the school, players and fans.

What's strange is that doing it right makes it seem strange. That's how bad things have gotten in college football. When you approach a situation in the right way and make the decision to handle it correctly people find it odd or not right.
Not our fault but it's the way things have been going for some time. Is this another way Saban is changing the way people precive Bama. If it works out maybe this is another step in our process as a whole?

The whole thing last night, like I told a few other people, reminded me of a situation a few years ago when the Red Sox signed Curt Schilling. I was watching Sportscenter and they brought in Peter Gammons and told him they had heard the Red Sox called a press conference for that afternoon and asked him what he thought that meant. Gammons responded with something like, “It means the Red Sox have signed Curt Schilling. Teams don’t call press conferences to say nothing’s happened.” I thought that was one of the best things I’d ever heard after he said it. Though I will admit that I’ve seen situations recently where there were press conferences to announce nothing was happening. In this case though, we’re talking about the OC at Fresno State. He had to be announcing he was leaving, because if he was staying, that’s not really news worthy enough for a press conference is it?

I have never seen a PC called to announce an assistant leaving, but I just listened to it and that is exactly what it was. Coach Hill was very complimentary of Saban and Alabama. McElwain spoke briefly as well. It was obvious that Fresno St. thought highly of him or they would not have held such a PC.

Porterhouse said:
I have never seen a PC called to announce an assistant leaving, but I just listened to it and that is exactly what it was. Coach Hill was very complimentary of Saban and Alabama. McElwain spoke briefly as well. It was obvious that Fresno St. thought highly of him or they would not have held such a PC.

When was the presser with Miami? Was it before Saban was hired officially or later?

Porterhouse said:

It was very respectable indeed. The whole process with the press conf. was a token of appreciation and well wishes for our new offensive coordinator.
I've got respect for the way they handled the situation. That was impressive.

Back
Top Bottom