What Do You Do When You Can't Sleep?

I never have slept well, but the past 2 weeks have been some of the worst I can remember. My body is tired and ready to go by 10, but the mind won't go until 2 or 3. I've always been a night person, but I'm 32 now and this shit is ridiculous... tried everything, can't sleep.

Running on a few hours sleep use to he nothing but it's just annoying now.

Often times I just lay there for awhile ,Maybe turning/rolling , til I do get to sleep. Some times it might take an hour or two but I do sleep. Usually about once a year , at some point Ibe so out of it that my body will just shut down for a whole day.

Rub one out. Sometimes it takes 6-7 times.

Not serious. Just remind yourself that staying awake will do no good. There is no reason to stress about what you're going to have to do in the future. Remind yourself that the best way to prepare to tackle your future endeavors is to get some good sleep and be well rested. Then think positive thoughts. Helps me every time.

Other than cannabis, which many of us cannot use due to the lack of legality in our areas, I've found a couple glasses of wine will help you relax.

The following is a big help in getting your mind off worries and negatives:

Consume media that is really interesting to you. An engrossing video game, graphic novel, or dramatic tv series not too long before bed gets my mind swirling on entertaining images as I lie down instead of worries or things requiring a lot of cogitation. Thinking about things in your own life is one sure fire way to keep you awake.

Going to sleep isn't my problem. Staying asleep is. I seldom get more than 4-5 hours before the brain kicks in with, "oh shit! I forgot to (fill in the blank)".

Going to sleep isn't my problem. Staying asleep is. I seldom get more than 4-5 hours before the brain kicks in with, "oh shit! I forgot to (fill in the blank)".
I have this same problem. Sometimes I can catch one of 'those shows' on a west pay channel, watch a few minutes, fap, then nap.

Same here. If I wake up and I've already slept over four hours, my night's pretty much over. I get up, take my time getting ready, have an extra cup of coffee, and go into work a few hours early.

Back
Top Bottom