| TV/MOVIES/MUSIC Sunday, the 27th: National Cinema Day with tickets for $4 at AMC theatres.

TerryP

Staff
Disclaimer: I can't sit in a theatre for two hours. Drives me nuts! Hell, it takes me four hours to watch a two hour film when I watch a movie at home.

But, setting that aside, if I were to go to the theatre Sunday there's only two movies I'd consider...and really don't like the "scene" in either one.

I want to see Sound of Freedom but I know, even on the early matinee, it would be crowded! Not my scene.

Oppenheimer does sound interesting. This is the type of movie I'd enjoy while wanting to take a break every half an hour or so...better suited to be watched at home.

Is there anything here you'd like to see...$4 is a damn good deal.

I’m a gold member with AMC. I love going to the movies!!! I will usually go with several nephews, brothers and cousins to the openings on major movies (anywhere from 5 to 30 of us) that we want to see. There is nothing currently playing that I need to see. If I had to pick one, the new Lilian neeson movie retribution looks OK.

No clue what that means.
I get to skip the lines and no online purchasing fees, free upgrades on snacks (I pay for small I get large), earn points get free tickets. It’s worth it for me. I pay like 25 a year. I see at least 25-30 movies a year. Although last year and this year have kinda sucked.plus I’ve been sick a majority of this year so I e only seen a handful this year.

Now on that note, here lately there have been several actors that have irritated me. I have several that I avoid seeing any movies they’re in. I don’t really care about there politics, but some of them are disgusting people.

@TerryP wouldn't mind watching Sound Of Freedom. But I have a problem I can't stand watching any child being hurt. Last time I went to a movie it was with my grandson. Batman vs Superman that how long ago it was. Maybe Meg 2, but first I got yo see Meg 1.

@Rsedge72 have a few too. Henry Fonda daughter is one. Only one movie I will watch it because of Lee Marvin being in it.

Disclaimer: I can't sit in a theatre for two hours. Drives me nuts! Hell, it takes me four hours to watch a two hour film when I watch a movie at home.

Oppenheimer does sound interesting. This is the type of movie I'd enjoy while wanting to take a break every half an hour or so...better suited to be watched at home.

Then you definitely need to wait for Oppenheimer to start streaming somewhere. :)

@TerryP wouldn't mind watching Sound Of Freedom. But I have a problem I can't stand watching any child being hurt. Last time I went to a movie it was with my grandson. Batman vs Superman that how long ago it was. Maybe Meg 2, but first I got yo see Meg 1.

@Rsedge72 have a few too. Henry Fonda daughter is one. Only one movie I will watch it because of Lee Marvin being in it.
Yeah sound of freedom is a must watch, but difficult to get through for sure. I almost got up and left but, I’m glad I didn’t. It’ll have you wanting to hurt some bad people for sure!

Lilian neeson movie retribution
I didn't see that on their site. Has it been released?
I love going to the movies!!
The last time I went to a theatre it was to see Iron Man 3, I believe. If that's not the one, it was #2.

To be fair, that theatre probably hadn't been remodeled since before the K-Mart in the same strip mall closed. I'm told that the AMC complex near me is top notch: stadium seating, free refills (doesn't appeal,) and the like. His grandson calls it the "spaceship theatre" so it must be nice.

Now on that note, here lately there have been several actors that have irritated me. I have several that I avoid seeing any movies they’re in. I don’t really care about there politics, but some of them are disgusting people.
I understand this, completely. Kevin Spacey would draw me to every one of his works. You know that story. I just saw John Cusack—who I've also followed—made a dumbass comment about how the government should shut down Fox News. While that wouldn't affect me it's bullshit.

Then you definitely need to wait for Oppenheimer to start streaming somewhere. :)
Pirated, that's been available for a few weeks—camera. That tells me the HD version, pirated, will hit pretty soon.

BUT, it'll be the middle of April before we have a weekend without football or basketball...don't see a lot of movie watching after Friday of this week.

If the movie is something I really want to see. We will hit the midnight opening night showing. Otherwise Sunday afternoon is a great time to go. I haven’t watched an nfl game in years.

Back
Top Bottom