| FTBL What did I miss??

AlabamaSlammer

Verified Member
Ok I'm sure this is old news, but I've been dealing with some serious family issues since the Vandy game. I should move on and take the win, blah blah blah I know. But what calls did I miss that has all the Vandy fans making quotes like this?

I might be seen as a complete whiner but those calls smelled awfully fishy. I'm not saying Vanderbilt would have won anyway, but the game would have been different that's for sure. How many Alabama-Vanderbilt games have a heavy Alabama-favoring ref influence to them? Most of the past 10 games as I can recall. I don't know if anything funny was going on but when dealing with a program that has repeatedly cheated to win, I'm not ruling out refs getting paid in Crimson money. In fact, I'm convinced. Saban was not going to lose his SEC opener to Vandy. It wasn't going to be allowed!

With sour grapes, one makes sour whine.

This dude cited no specific example. Youtube is not eaten up with videos of it. And, no one of note is speaking of it. -- conclusion: there is no issue other that this guy's grapes.

This guy is full of it. He's probably whining that their star wide receiver got called offensive PI on their first play of the game. (Remember? HUGE momentum play) He is also probably talking about the kickoff (or punt, can't remember) that got returned for a touchdown and taken back.

Granted, those (the offensive PI and the called back punt return) were two pivotal penalties, but the replays clearly showed both calls as correct.

The PI call was a little iffy against the Vandy WR. That was an arguable call. It was a little push off but not much.

The returned kick was obviously flagrant on Vandy. It was flagged almost immediately after the catch. Even a cheating ref couldn't pulled that one off.

Back
Top Bottom