| FTBL What defender could make the biggest difference this week?

G

Who is the fastest? I'm assuming we'll stack 'em in for much of the afternoon unless Monk plays and/or Dick gets hot early with a few passes.

Rolando McClain has been a beast for us so far. Should we look for more from him to be successful vs. the Hogs? How do you begin to attack the RB duo?

I'm confident in our secondary, but I do wonder if Arkansas will pick on Kareem Jackson just as Vandy did. I don't know that they have a deep threat though if Monk isn't playing. Lots of questions.

I'm thinking McClain needs to have a good game as well as Wallace Gilberry. You know they are gonna try to pound the ball with McFadden. If we can clog the middle it will be on the ends and backers to bring him down once he pops outside. Ezekial is looking good at end also, I look for him to play well.

I'm looking for Zeke to step up big for this game. He'll have every opportunity to make some game saving tackles. He needs to use his closing speed to disrupt the Arky offense.

im going with Rolando to step it up again this week. he's gotta back a ton of tackles on McFadden & Jones this week and needs to make them close to the line. Wallace Gillbery is another guy that needs to step up. im anticipating a ton of DB blitzes let alone LB's. i dont think Arkansas is even gonna bother going down field more than maybe twice against us. they dont have Marcus Monk (if im not wrong) and they saw how our DB's faired against Benentt. hes gonna shove McFadden & Jones down our throats and probably do several trick plays with those 2 guys. we HAVE GOT TO stop them.

Birdman37 said:
im going with Rolando to step it up again this week. he's gotta back a ton of tackles on McFadden & Jones this week and needs to make them close to the line. Wallace Gillbery is another guy that needs to step up. im anticipating a ton of DB blitzes let alone LB's. i dont think Arkansas is even gonna bother going down field more than maybe twice against us. they dont have Marcus Monk (if im not wrong) and they saw how our DB's faired against Benentt. hes gonna shove McFadden & Jones down our throats and probably do several trick plays with those 2 guys. we HAVE GOT TO stop them.
I'll second that motion

Prince needs to earn his spot back and get back on first string. He played a total of maybe 3 drives against Vandy. We need him to step up worse than anyone else

I am choosing with my heart and I hope it's Zeke Knight (considering he is from a 2A school 20 miles or so from where I live.)

2nd would be Rolando McClain - The position as starter is his to lose and/or keep to Prince Hall. Show me something!

3rd (but not least) Wallace Gilberry - just because he is a BEAST and I really like him!

Honorable mention......Keith Brown was almost invisible against Vandy, do you think he is being kept under wraps until needed????

Somewhat off topic but.......

Did you notice that in the Western Carolina game, we went to TE Nick Walker something like 5 times but he only saw action once (that I saw) against Vandy (2 point conversion, I think)??!! Hopefully, they will utilize his size, speed, and sure hands on offense Saturday and roast them Hawgs!

HeflinLady said:
I am choosing with my heart and I hope it's Zeke Knight (considering he is from a 2A school 20 miles or so from where I live.)

2nd would be Rolando McClain - The position as starter is his to lose and/or keep to Prince Hall. Show me something!

3rd (but not least) Wallace Gilberry - just because he is a BEAST and I really like him!

Honorable mention......Keith Brown was almost invisible against Vandy, do you think he is being kept under wraps until needed????

Somewhat off topic but.......

Did you notice that in the Western Carolina game, we went to TE Nick Walker something like 5 times but he only saw action once (that I saw) against Vandy (2 point conversion, I think)??!! Hopefully, they will utilize his size, speed, and sure hands on offense Saturday and roast them Hawgs!
1.I will do the same being that I'm about 4 miles from there.
2. Me too.
Show me something!
3.BEAST Yes
Walker did well in that WC game. We need more passing to him too.

I agree with the Walker sentiment and what about Earl Alexander vs. Vandy? Did he even take the field? I didn't see him. :? While Mike McCoy had a great game I want to see the other big-man (Earl) in there as well.

BamaDelta said:
I agree with the Walker sentiment and what about Earl Alexander vs. Vandy? Did he even take the field? I didn't see him. :? While Mike McCoy had a great game I want to see the other big-man (Earl) in there as well.
I don't think Earl Alexander played.

reger60 said:
HeflinLady said:
Keith Brown was almost invisible against Vandy, do you think he is being kept under wraps until needed????

I think Mr. Brown is still competing for his old starting job.

DUH....McCoy slipped my mind. Probably because we saw a few looks to him Saturday although I seem to recall at least one very nice reception from him. Thanks for the friendly reminder. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom