| OT What are you guys eating on the 4th?

Angus Ribeye here. I got back from the meat market a little while ago...bought three. They are about an inch thick...

$50 freakin dollars. Well, $47.86 plus tax, to be exact. Still, that's $17 a steak. On the other hand, it's probably an $80+ at Halls.

I have shrimp "out the ass" in the freezer.

Looks like a surf and turf day.
Sounds like a good meal. Not sure what we're eating, the kids want to go to the hootenanny here in great falls. Can't say as I've ever been to one so why not. After that I'm sure we'll have to go see fireworks so we'll probably have food while we're out and about even though this isn't a place for a foodie.

even though this isn't a place for a foodie.
That would be an immediate no from me. While I don't travel a lot, when I do it's always with places to eat in mind. And I'm skinny as a rail...but definitely, a foodie.

I'm going to make some horse radish sauce for the steak...sitting here thinking about how I'm going to do this one. Too many damn decisions.

Well, technically Friday the 5th - but Guin, AL fireworks.

Burgers and Dogs - the classics.
A guy around the corner was out cutting his grass this morning, setting up tables, and the like. I asked him what they were planning. He said, just as you, "burgers and dogs."

I asked him, "grilling?" He said, "no."

"You ain't doin' it right." And he's older than I am...

That would be an immediate no from me. While I don't travel a lot, when I do it's always with places to eat in mind. And I'm skinny as a rail...but definitely, a foodie.

I'm going to make some horse radish sauce for the steak...sitting here thinking about how I'm going to do this one. Too many damn decisions.
Same here on the food, the things you do for kids I guess. Just don't have time to come back and cook between all the things they wanna do. Maybe there will be a good out of town food truck or something

Second Granddaughter after she gets off from work coming here for breakfast. Then the rest Daughter the oldest GD and three of her kids. Will be the same as some of you Hot Dogs and Burgers.

A guy around the corner was out cutting his grass this morning, setting up tables, and the like. I asked him what they were planning. He said, just as you, "burgers and dogs."

I asked him, "grilling?" He said, "no."

"You ain't doin' it right." And he's older than I am...
I remember my daughter spending the 4th with a friend when we lived in Florence. She called almost in a panic telling us that they were grilling pre-formed burgers and they had stripes on them. Totally freaked her out.
We are not doing anything today or tomorrow. Our son is coming home for a visit at the end of the month and we are feasting then. Smoked ribs, butt, chicken, prime rib, cheesecake, banana pudding plus my son has requested Dads biscuits & gravy.

Back
Top Bottom