| FTBL What are six things you are looking for against S. Carolina game?

@Justneedme81 good thread topic!
1. Establish run game and averaging 5 yards per carry.
2. Milroe to throw 300 yards game. Have 2 or 3 time consuming drives that convert to 3rd downs w/ Jalen waiting for the play clock reach 5 seconds or less.
3. Get off on field during 3rd down situation.
4. DL to play better than they did last week
5. Spread the ball around better.
6. Force Turnovers + caused by multiple forms of QB pressures/sacks

1. The offensive line to place solid.
2. If number one comes to fruition a nice running attack with Miller, Haynes and Milroe.
3. Please, for the love of God do not commit 17 penalties of which five of them are just stupid.
4. Some defensive line pressure against the quarterback would be nice.
5. How about some third and long instead of third and three
6. Not to hear the announcers reference the Vanderbilt game 75 damn times.

1. A well established run game. I know they wanted to do it last week and the game didn’t really allow it from the start. South Carolina has a better run defense than Vandy (IMO), so if they can do it this week, I’ll feel better about that going forward.

2. Goes along with #1 some, but get that play action game rolling. Milroe is comfortable in that area and also highly effective (23/24 on the season via PA pass).

3. Keep feeding the TE’s. There’s a couple of weapons there and with so much attention on guys like Williams and Milroe (having to spy him), it really opens up some easy yards in the passing game.

4. Obviously, better play and execution from the defense. Hope to see them get a little bit of their mojo back by creating negative plays and at least 2 turnovers.

5. I want to see a defense that appears be much better prepared... As if they actually held some meetings, did some film study, etc. Last Saturday appeared to be a lazy and/or stubborn (possibly overly confident) plan, which put them in a hole they never escaped.

6. I want to see the team more mentally sharp. And the staff for that matter. No dumb penalties that kill drives on offense like procedure calls. No dumb penalties that extend drives for the Gamecocks like too many players on the field. It's mideason, time for a lof that stuff to dry up. And if there's duplicate numbers on the field again... well... I hope you guys at least think enough of me to raise my bail money.

Figure out how south Carolina is attacking on offense and defense and adjust play calling to counter their attack.

Cut out the stupid bonehead penalties

For our head coach to come out sporting a high dollar business suit

When I go back and read the in-game thread that there will be not one single post about firing anyone

Leaders hold people accountable including themselves and show class.
Defense plays assignment sound and pay attention to details (this has been missing)
Defense plays physical - whip the guy in front of you,
Defensive adjustments - this is on the coaching.
Defense has improved tackling.
Play with discipline - penalties/turnovers

Last edited:
1. COVER! COVER! COVER!
2. do not commit penalties on either side
3. Get off on field during 3rd down situation.
4. Give some love to the running backs!
5. Good communication from coaches to players.
6. Force Turnovers.

Use of the tight ends..
Simpson getting reps..
Long drives with ball control..
No Qb shoestring tackles or easy sacks for big loses..
Fullback plays😉
Wishbone Triple option or flexbone sets😉

Back
Top Bottom