| MBB/WBB "We're going to study Australian rugby rules and get ready for the Vols."

Under "Things you see that leave you shaking your head."

Quite entertaining watching the media react to UT's style of play this past weekend. That style, which has gone largely unnoticed, didn't sit well with a lot of the pundits when they saw it against Duke.

In other news:

Tony V. was ejected again this past weekend.

They will not get by with type of play much longer. Human nature says a trio of officials will put a stop to it. I don’t see them fouling their way to a NC.
I found it a little ironic seeing the 'flyin' elbows' against Duke and thinking about UT's biggest booster, Haslam, and his chain of Flying J's ...

Seriously. I don't believe we'll see UT having another 43% outing from the arc. I do believe we'll see the same type of approach with FAU as we did with Duke.

UT has four seniors they are relying heavily upon. Duke, a lot younger, couldn't handle the physical aspect and I chalk that up to immaturity: they haven't played many teams like UT this season.

When you look at FAU you see the same type of setup. UT, with its seniority, playing against the Owls who rely on four sophomores, a frosh, and a couple of upperclassmen.

They need to put a stop to football on the basketball court. That kind of play is ridiculous. Seeing their thug center basically doing crack back blocks is pathetic. If Bama meets them again they need to put #23 in the game and let him pound away to the point of fouling out if needed.

I don't think they can match-up against us offensively. I'd rather just beat them instead of trying to play their game. We got stuck in the mud when we visited the Vols because of some home cooking. If we met them in the final four, I doubt the refs would be letting that much slide.

That big ogre of a center of theirs really needs a punch in the nads from someone during the game to tone his ass down. I saw him go barreling into Filapowski on a box out like a car hitting a guardrail at 80mph! In other games, I saw guys getting called for fouls doing something similar. The guys in stripes will make them change their game this weekend.

That big ogre of a center of theirs really needs a punch in the nads from someone during the game to tone his ass down. I saw him go barreling into Filapowski on a box out like a car hitting a guardrail at 80mph! In other games, I saw guys getting called for fouls doing something similar. The guys in stripes will make them change their game this weekend.
Or not. I have no faith in the officiating being fair.

Usually if the officials are called out enough in the media they let the teams know they won't be allowing something like that for the future but you never know. Depends on which crew runs their next game.

This I agree with. As I said in my comment above put #23 Pringle in there for about 5 minutes and let him foul out if he needs to but his goal would be to put the hammer down on their center. He is not playing basketball with how he is playing.

Back
Top Bottom