| FTBL We're at the halfway point of '21's football season. Have you stopped and realized how good of a football season it's been?

TerryP

Staff
What's the best story of the six weeks we've seen?

If we're talking week two, it's got to be Arkansas winning over Texas.

Week one? Is it Clemson or Tulane and OU?

The biting of nails in week three with a good portion of the fan base watching Penn State. Week three was the weekend people starting noting Cincy earlier than last season (and realizing Indiana is still Indiana.)

Damn if Arkansas isn't the news week four with their win over A&M. OU struggles again.

Week Five: Kentucky over Florida. Cincy over Notre Dame.

Getting the picture?

I started thinking about this early Saturday afternoon watching Kentucky, again, and a very entertaining TX vs OU game. It's really been a great season of football.

What's the best story of the six weeks we've seen?

If we're talking week two, it's got to be Arkansas winning over Texas.

Week one? Is it Clemson or Tulane and OU?

The biting of nails in week three with a good portion of the fan base watching Penn State. Week three was the weekend people starting noting Cincy earlier than last season (and realizing Indiana is still Indiana.)

Damn if Arkansas isn't the news week four with their win over A&M. OU struggles again.

Week Five: Kentucky over Florida. Cincy over Notre Dame.

Getting the picture?

I started thinking about this early Saturday afternoon watching Kentucky, again, and a very entertaining TX vs OU game. It's really been a great season of football.
I agree it has been a good football season in a weird sort of way. I along with most others did not expect the outcomes of alot of these games. As much as it pains me to say it, this season so far is good for College Football. At the end of our game Saturday night I did something that I have not done in several years....I threw my remote and broke it. Yep, I'm a 57 year old spoiled kid when it comes to Bama football, but I'm working on it. What a fine example I was for my Gamecock Son who spent Fall Break at the house. Just happy that the money I lost to the Bookie ain't real cash! Who knows, maybe that loss while light a fire underneath their forth point of contact. RTR.

I think one of the biggest unknown factors entering this season was the impact of the fifth and, on occasion, the sixth year senior. Ben Davis causing a fumble in the Texas-OU game was a big development at that point of the game. Teams that are not a pipeline to the NFL have 23 and 24 year old players, entrenched in a system, playing against highly-rated freshmen and sophomores. Kentucky has nine players total in that category, including four six-year guys. It has to be making a difference. The bottom article is more of a cursory look at key players, but it singles out Iowa State, Nebraska, and notes a big return for Cincy. Iowa had four key seniors return for an extra season. aTm as well.

I do believe much of this moderates next year. Nebraska won't be as competitive. Cincy better use this year to vault into another conference.

I agree, it has been a lot more of a fun season. You just don't know who is going to win at this point. Iowa at #2, Cincinnati in the Top 4, Alabama and Clemson outside of the Top 4 at the same time. Oregon over Ohio State at the Horseshoe. Oklahoma/Texas being a great game. Arkansas being the best team in Texas. Kentucky playing well. Bryce Young in the Top 2 for the Heisman. Michigan State looking solid with a Heisman type transfer. Who would have thunk it?

Great season so far. Last Saturday night was disappointing because Bama was the better team, and even while playing bad, should've won.

However, this is how it goes. Teams don't win back to back, or year after year after year. Especially not when most of the conference are Saban former assistants who know his schemes and have built their teams to beat Alabama. The level of difficulty is off the charts.

We'll see how the season plays out. Maybe Bama can get to the SECCG without another loss.

UGA will make the playoffs, even if they lose a game.

Ohio St will wind up back in.

The other 2 spots - we shall see.

Great season so far. Last Saturday night was disappointing because Bama was the better team, and even while playing bad, should've won.

However, this is how it goes. Teams don't win back to back, or year after year after year. Especially not when most of the conference are Saban former assistants who know his schemes and have built their teams to beat Alabama. The level of difficulty is off the charts.

We'll see how the season plays out. Maybe Bama can get to the SECCG without another loss.

UGA will make the playoffs, even if they lose a game.

Ohio St will wind up back in.

The other 2 spots - we shall see.
Not so sure about this one... I believe this is the year Michigan extends Harbaughs contract after a win (Finally) over tOSU in Ann Arbor.

Actually would not be one bit surprised if Mizzou skull thumped aTm this weekend. I don't think Calzada will be 100% and could possibly revert back to Jerry Garcia mode. :)

Back
Top Bottom