| FTBL Well I hate to crawfish out from my earlier position

bear facts

Verified Member
about supporting LSU the rest of the way on their run to the NC, but I take those words and stance back. I had previously said on this board that I would pull for LSU the rest of the season, mainly because my wife has never been one of those typical "obnoxious, illogical-ranting, hard-to-decipher trash talking" LSU fans.

Sorry, honey, that all changed today when I received a copy of this article from a so-called friend, who is also a die hard LSU fan. Your fellow Tiger fans are hard to stomach these days, so . . .

GEAUX Hogs! Beat LSU!

Go Kentucky! Beat Tennessee (because I think Georgia would have a better chance at beating LSU in the SECCG than the Vols)!

Btw, I thought some of y'all probably would like to email Chad Scott and tell him what y'all think of his journalistic skills after y'all have read this article, so I have also included his email address just in case.

After skimming this crap, I think I understand why Mr. Scott was "denied employment" twice, and I doubt the reasons really had anything to do with him not being "pro-Alabama" enough as he claims.

Roll, Tide, Roll!
Chadd Scott
TigerBait.com Columnist

Knock, knock.

"Who's there?"

Louisiana-Monroe.

"Louisiana-Monroe who?"

Louisiana-Monroe who just beat Alabama at Bryant-Denny on Senior Day, that's who!

Now if you don't think that's funny, there's something wrong with you, because it's hysterical.

Timing is an interesting thing.

You may or may not know, but just last week, Mobile Press-Register columnist Neal McCready, who also hosted a talk show on a sports radio station there, was fired by the station and the reason he was given by the gutless program director – who chose to do this over the phone – was that Neal wasn't pro-Alabama enough.

Welcome to the club Neal.

I've twice been denied employment and the direct reason given was that I wasn't pro-Alabama enough. Not that I wasn't talented enough, not that I wasn't experienced enough, not that I wasn't the right candidate or wouldn't do a great job, but that I wasn't pro-Alabama enough. The people doing the hiring were either so afraid of recriminations from Alabama fans, or had been sufficiently pressured by Alabama fans, that they denied me the opportunity to apply my trade, to make a living, to secure my future because I didn't slobber over and bow to the all-mighty Tide.

Neal McCready got "Chadd Scott-ed."

I hope it's the only time it happens to him; I doubt it will be the last time it happens to me.

My honesty regarding Bama continues to cost me to this day.

At my other job as producer and co-host of the regionally syndicated "The Sports Tap" radio show (www.sportstap.net), after mentioning this story on air, my partners received calls from two of our affiliates, both in the state of Alabama, pressuring them to suspend me.

I was not suspended, but for a small company trying to build a name for itself without the backing of huge corporate dollars like ESPN or FOX, the threats were taken seriously and are a concern.

With that in mind and not wanting to lose another job, I'd like to comment on the Tide's narrow loss to ULM in a fashion I hope all the Crimson clad idiots out there will appreciate. After this, perhaps you'll see I'm pro-Tide all the way and you'll invite me to your "Bama Room" where we can gaze lovingly at your Daniel Moore prints of the goal line stand against Penn State or watch old Beta tapes of the "Bear Bryant Show," or maybe you can bring out the sweater you wore to the Iron Bowl the day Jay Barker touched you.

Alabama is catching a lot of grief for losing to the WarHawks, but I think that's unfair and anyone who would say that is showing a clear anti-Alabama, pro-Auburn, pro-LSU, pro-Tennessee bias.

Consider this:

• None of the Alabama players peed themselves during the game as far as anyone knows. That's pretty good.

• This wasn't Louisiana-Monroe's first victory over an SEC opponent. The WarHawks have always been a hard out racking up two other wins in the previous 32 times they've clashed with the SEC.

• The game was tied at halftime.

• Louisiana-Monroe comes from the same state as the top ranked LSU Tigers, by proximity that must mean they're a dangerous team.

• Nick Saban didn't quit after the game.

I think when you start to consider all of those angles that the blatantly anti-Alabama media missed while just focusing on the final score, you'll see the game was not a loss, but a building block to further dominance for the most revered, respected and accomplished football program of all time.

Sadly, that's about the level of commentary you get from the media in Alabama, precisely because most folks working there know they'll get canned if they don't sugar-coat everything Tide related.

No other fan base, not just in the SEC or in college football, but in all of sports, goes as far as Alabama fans do to injure the few people who have the guts to mention the emperor has no clothes.

Want proof? You're reading proof. Mike Scarborough who publishes this web page invited me to write uncensored, unedited, pure opinion pieces for Tigerbait.com. Even if my columns criticize LSU, which they often have, they run, and they do so on a web site operated entirely for LSU fans.

Do you think an Alabama fan site would allow me to write for it?

When I have criticized LSU in this space, the e-mail responses I've taken from you have often been supportive, occasionally been feisty, never been nasty, and are always appreciated.

That speaks highly of the LSU fan base's hospitality, allowing someone into your home and letting him stay even after he calls your wife "fat" and your décor "tacky."

When I critique Alabama, the response is always ugly, always mean-spirited, always personal, and usually asserts I engage in a completely inappropriate physical relationship with my mother or involves the hope that my kids get AIDS and die. I have numerous of those I keep for summer reading.

I have said before and I'll say again, Alabama has the worst, most thin-skinned, humorless, myopic, revolting fan base in all of college football and the e-mail I'll receive for saying so, and that Alabama fans actually menace businesses who try to employ honest commentators, is all the proof I'll ever need.

Alabama fans use their numbers, vitriol and influence to bully the media into fawning coverage and have for decades; I wonder how they'll spin what happened Saturday?

One last thing:

Nick Saban, long believed to be a strident disciplinarian who professes to think it important to "do things the right way," suspended the team's leading receiver D.J. Hall before the weekend's meltdown vs. Louisiana-Monroe.

The floating suspension was lifted at halftime as the Tide's offense gasped like an asthmatic trying to climb Everest.

I'd never suggest Saban cut the suspension short because his team was playing like poo or that he values winning over discipline and ethics, but I thought Saban's comment after the game regarding Hall's suspension was interesting.

Saban said Hall's transgression, "warranted at least what was given."

"At least," huh?

When it comes to discipline of star players, is that Saban's standard: "at least?"
Would that standard be ok if it were applied to the assistant coaches' efforts in recruiting, the players' commitment to off season conditioning, the fans' support of the team?

I doubt it, so why is it ok for Saban to use the standard of "at least" what was "warranted" when it comes to discipline?

Maybe all that talk about winning with class and winning with character and doing things the right way… I've said enough, I have a mortgage to pay.

Chadd Scott - backtalk@chaddscott.com
hear me nightly at: www.sportstap.net

Oh, and my LSU buddy even added the lyrics to this song (sung to the tune of "The Ballad of Jed Clampett") with his email correspondence:

The Ballad of Nick Saban

by: Chuck Redden

Come and listen to the story bout a coach named Nick,

A self centered, overpaid, camera happy prick.

When the team that he was leadin' won the national championship.

He took the glory and the credit all for himself.

The next thing you know he's a household name,

His face on all the magazines, he was rollin' in the fame.

Then they said the NFL is the place you oughta be,

So he loaded up his trophy headed down to Miami.

Now things turned out to be different in the pros.

Multi million dollar players like to take a little toke.

But they had contracts and didn't have to take his lip.

And they wasn't afraid of losin' scholarships.

So after just a year he came up with a plan,

to get his smilin' face back on TV once again.

He said Tuscaloosa is just the place for me.

And everybody loves me in the good old S.E.C.

The papers and the TV got the news out fast,

Then he let it slip he know the word coonass.

And the folks in Baton Rouge wearin' purple and gold,

were gonna add a whole new meaning to Roll Tide Roll.

The Georgia Bulldogs were the first to take him down,

Then Florida State put a tarnish on his crown.

But a couple more wins and folks were all smiles.

Waitin' for that November date with Les Miles.

It took em afour quarters but the Tigers shut him up,

and he said that LSU had some really good luck.

He never would admit he was anything but great.

Then he took it on the chin to Mississippi State.

The mighty coach had now lost two in a row.

And he countered with "the SEC's tough, don't ya know."

And easy victory was assured the 17th.

Against a little Louisiana Monroe Team.

Nobody gave the Warhawks very much hope,

Against a powerhouse team and a superstar coach.

But little did they know they were in for quite a shock.

And when the final gun sounded, A bunch of jaws dropped.

I guess it goes to show that you never can tell,

when you put 22 players on the field.

Notariety can be achieved pretty fast.

Each and every time somebody new kicks your ass.

So here's to the coach that proclaimed himself a king,

Ridin' on the back of one champion team.

Here's to all your money, here's to all your fame.

We'll see you on the TV every time you lose a game.

Ya''ll keep puttin' them little teams on the schedule now......ya hear!!!

ULM 21

ALABAMA 14

Boy, Crimson Pirate, how are you enduring your time in the Bayou State these days? :roll:

Thanks for the post, Bear Facts. The Sports Tap is carried on one of our radio stations here in Birmingham. If I happen to dial in on it, I'll quickly change stations. This man writes drivel. I hope that he has a real job to fall back on.

I note that he is giving only McReady's side of why McReady got the axe. Perhaps some of our Mobile members can shed a little more light on this.

psychojoe said:
Thanks for the post, Bear Facts. The Sports Tap is carried on one of our radio stations here in Birmingham. If I happen to dial in on it, I'll quickly change stations. This man writes drivel. I hope that he has a real job to fall back on.

I note that he is giving only McReady's side of why McReady got the axe. Perhaps some of our Mobile members can shed a little more light on this.

I believe Snake was kicking McReady's can in the ratings.

Just as in the case of OK State coach calling out a reporter, "columnists" and "reporters" (I'm using those words very liberally in the case Chadd Scott) protect their own. He took a shoddy article at face value and used it for his own agenda. The clock is ticking on him. At some point, he'll have to work for a living.

RTR,

Tim

I was listening the day that got him (Mccready) fired. He started the show by saying, (and I'm paraphrasing), that the Iron Bowl is irrelevant, CBS passed on both time slots to cover the game, and ALA vs. AUB doesn't matter. He went on to preface the upcoming show with topics that had nothing to do w/ ALA or AUB when it was obvious that the people tuning in wanted to talk about the rivalry. Basically, he poked fun at the fans of the respective teams and tried to get a response.
The first caller said that he was not paying attention to the fan bases that pay his salary. After that call, he went on a tirade and pretended to start the show over again by talking about how great both teams were. The next call, in my opinion, is what got him fired. The caller said he was acting like a child on a rant saying that he should be more professional in his position. After realization of all that he offended, Mccready started backtracking and apologizing. Two days later he was fired.
There is no doubt that the guy was talented. He had many connections throughout the south and had a great sense of humor. As intelligent as he thinks he is, it amazes me that he wasn't smart enough to realize who payed his salary.

Chadd Scott is the same guy that is on Colin Cowherd's show who is called his "moral compass." He's an Auburn graduate, Auburn fan, and FWIW, Chadd Scott isn't his real name.

rooster03 said:
Hey Bear Facts I really didn't know ULM has beating 2 Sec teams can you tell me who they where just courious Ok ?

Me either. :? The AP article, which I read on Sunday, stated that this was ULM's first win over a SEC opponent. I have not taken the time to check into it, though. Maybe someone else here can verify this for, rooster.

These pot-lickers better get their licks in now. In their heart of hearts they know the pain train is comin'! Just a matter of time.... :twisted:

bear facts said:
When I have criticized LSU in this space, the e-mail responses I've taken from you have often been supportive, occasionally been feisty, never been nasty, and are always appreciated.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a joke!!! LSU fans "supportive", "never nasty"?

Give me a break.

Tideboy said:
These pot-lickers better get their licks in now. In their heart of hearts they know the pain train is comin'! Just a matter of time.... :twisted:

I like it! :lol:

I do remember Saban saying that we want to become a team you dread playing. I believe him and so do the others "In their heart of hearts"...

bear facts said:
Boy, Crimson Pirate, how are you enduring your time in the Bayou State these days? :roll:

It sux, factor. I, like you, am beginning to re-think my support of the Bayou Bengals. When you beat your biggest rival (Ole Miss) and all you want to talk about is Alabama's loss to ULM . . . well, that is the epitome of irrationality. So, I say, "Neaux, Tigers! Geaux, Jayhawks (or whoever). :shock:

Hey Bear i had time to look it up they do have 2 wins over SEC teams 1994 over Kentucky 21-14 and 1995 over Miss.St. 34-32. I just learned that in 96 they loss 24-28 to Auburn even though the Auburn has blowed them out ever since when they played it looks like they give them trouble that day. Also would you belieave they have more National Championships than the barn on in 1935 8-0-0 JR coll national champion and in 1987 13-2 Div 1AA national champions. Please nobody get me wrong I'm not trying to say their good just a better histroy than I thought
http://www.ulmathletics.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=19000&KEY=&SPID=10968&SPSID=90585

CrimsonPirate said:
bear facts said:

It sux, factor. I, like you, am beginning to re-think my support of the Bayou Bengals. When you beat your biggest rival (Ole Miss) and all you want to talk about is Alabama's loss to ULM . . . well, that is the epitome of irrationality. So, I say, "Neaux, Tigers! Geaux, Jayhawks (or whoever). :shock:

Zinger from the Pirate.

Still no excuses for losing to ULM. It is going to take this program a long time to live this down, IMHO. To me, even an Iron Bowl win won't take it away. It can only be healed by winning championships, and the sooner the better.

rooster03 said:
Hey Bear i had time to look it up they do have 2 wins over SEC teams 1994 over Kentucky 21-14 and 1995 over Miss.St. 34-32. I just learned that in 96 they loss 24-28 to Auburn even though the Auburn has blowed them out ever since when they played it looks like they give them trouble that day. Also would you belieave they have more National Championships than the barn on in 1935 8-0-0 JR coll national champion and in 1987 13-2 Div 1AA national champions. Please nobody get me wrong I'm not trying to say their good just a better histroy than I thought
http://www.ulmathletics.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=19000&KEY=&SPID=10968&SPSID=90585

Thanks for the information, rooster. I like how you really put Auburn's tradition of NCs in perspective. :lol:

CrimsonPirate said:
It sux, factor. I, like you, am beginning to re-think my support of the Bayou Bengals. When you beat your biggest rival (Ole Miss) and all you want to talk about is Alabama's loss to ULM . . . well, that is the epitome of irrationality.

Hang in there, CP. I guess I will be catching some of that grief on December 8. Received an invitation Wednesday to attend a good friend's daughter's college graduation party in Baton Rouge on that date.

He's a huge LSU supporter but never has resorted to the "corndog" behavior associated with many Tiger fans. He also played football for ULM (Northeast Louisiana State) in the 70's before a knee injury ended his college career, so I'm sure he'll give me a little ribbing about the ULM/Bama game.

Unfortunately the rest of the folks I expect to see at that party will not be as reserve as he is. And some of these people I have not seen since DiNardo's days at LSU when they really did not have good reason to be so braggadocious about LSU's program or tradition. :roll:

What, is this guy 12? His sentiments at those of a child. I thought the cheeky Knock-knock entry was a bad start and I looked for him to recover, but that seems to be the level throughout.

This guy is not the smart one is he. He wants to build a reader base, but he cites that his organization is struggling and then professes to have be turned down my employment TWICE. Front this reader's stand point I'm thinking it might have something to do with the lack of social couth, the chip on your shoulder, and the middle-school maturity level.

I all for free speech. In fact I'm in the Middle East defending Chadd's right to it, but the Bubba ain't helpin' himself out any.

Back
Top Bottom