| FTBL WEEK ZERO ~ NCAA Games of the Week.

On Scott Frost:

I don't know who was the first to post this nugget. I saw it shared last night from at least a half of a dozen accounts across different mediums and it continues this morning.

The last time Nebraska was competitive—double digit wins in a season, divisional titles, etc—was under Bo Pelini. As you recall, he was fired (66-27.) Do you remember he had the Huskers in the B1G title game in 2012 (lost to Wisconsin) in a 10-4 season?

If Frost were to win his next 50 games in a row his record would still be worse than Pelini's.

** Side note: Pelini is the only coach Nebraska has hired since Osborne that didn't have head coaching experience before accepting the job.

Just some perspective on Scott Frost to go along with what Terry just said. Remember when Bo Pelini was the worst coach Nebraska had in forever? He was 67-27 at Nebraska. Frost is currently 15-30. He would need to win his next 60 games to have a better winning percentage than Pelini. Pelini was 67-27 (71.2766%). Front would then be 75-30 (71.4286%).

On Scott Frost:

I don't know who was the first to post this nugget. I saw it shared last night from at least a half of a dozen accounts across different mediums and it continues this morning.

The last time Nebraska was competitive—double digit wins in a season, divisional titles, etc—was under Bo Pelini. As you recall, he was fired (66-27.) Do you remember he had the Huskers in the B1G title game in 2012 (lost to Wisconsin) in a 10-4 season?

If Frost were to win his next 50 games in a row his record would still be worse than Pelini's.

** Side note: Pelini is the only coach Nebraska has hired since Osborne that didn't have head coaching experience before accepting the job.

Frost would have to win his next 15 games in a row to equal the win percentage of Mike Riley at Nebraska (and his last team quit on him because the whole program became toxic once they fired the AD - they basically gave up on the 2017 season). Riley won 9 games in 2016

Just some perspective on Scott Frost to go along with what Terry just said. Remember when Bo Pelini was the worst coach Nebraska had in forever? He was 67-27 at Nebraska. Frost is currently 15-30. He would need to win his next 60 games to have a better winning percentage than Pelini. Pelini was 67-27 (71.2766%). Front would then be 75-30 (71.4286%).
Learned a long time ago, never,ever think it can't get worse. :)

Back
Top Bottom