| GAME THREAD šŸˆ WEEK FIVE: NCAA / SEC Games of the Week.

6 Top 15 teams lost today. Six! This season has been crazy. If Auburn and UCLA were to lose before the night is over, that would be 9 Top 25 losses today. Man itā€™s hard to pick this year.
I honestly think this is due to two particular things. First, 2020 means teams were ranked oddly at the start of the year compared to where they may have been otherwise since most conferences did not play OOC games or even close to a decent number of total games. Since starting ranks are based off previous year, that means they may have been ranked too high to begin with. Second, I think but can't prove a disproportionate number of player on normally fair to middling teams stayed for that extra Covid year so they have more experience. That kind of skews the experience factor to those teams.

Also, if you say you had Kentucky and UGA to be undefeated and leading the East almost halfway through the season I would call you a liar.

Last edited:
Oh I will add what does this loss do to Ogre and the Who's season? Heat rising in Baton Rouge....
What are we seeing in Baton Rouge?

"A team that looks soft, avoiding contact. A team that isn't tackling well and looks very unorganized. Across the board we're seeing a lack of discipline." ~ things said about Orgeron's team in 2007.

Stats don't quite tell the story of how well he played around some non-existent pass blocking
And yet, we're going to call a kid running around like he's playing backyard ball at the local YMCA as "balling?"

All that running around seen in the second half: how much of that was on the LSU defense? Hell, on that touchdown pass late in the fourth I saw at least four, maybe five, missed arm tackles.

It's Monday and with so much going on this morning I'll meet you halfway, deal? I'll call him Bo Nix today since he didn't throw a pick on the road.

Today.

And yet, we're going to call a kid running around like he's playing backyard ball at the local YMCA as "balling?"

All that running around seen in the second half: how much of that was on the LSU defense? Hell, on that touchdown pass late in the fourth I saw at least four, maybe five, missed arm tackles.

It's Monday and with so much going on this morning I'll meet you halfway, deal? I'll call him Bo Nix today since he didn't throw a pick on the road.

Today.
šŸ˜‚. This might be the first time you've ever met me half way.... So I'll take it!

There were a few plays where he looked like Johnny Football v. Bama in 2012. Several similarities in those games. Manziel had 2 less yards passing on 1 more completion but a higher percentage. Both guys had exceptional rushing yards for QB (JM 18 for 92, BN 12-74). Manziel was definitely balling. Both QBs running for their lives a few times. Both won on the road by 5.

@Rolltide24 here is something to look at when Manziel won the Heisman. This was a quiz that was on Saturday Football.

• Team record -- Young (5-0) over Manziel (4-1)
  • Passing TDs -- Young (17) over Manziel (11)
  • Rushing TDs -- Manziel (7) over Young (0)
  • Passing yards -- Young (1,365) over Manziel (1,285)
  • Rushing yards -- Manziel (495) over Young (-19)
  • Interceptions -- Tie (2 to 2)
B. Young hold just a little better record. 31/2 to 21/2.
Saturday Football

There were a few plays where he looked like Johnny Football v. Bama in 2012. Several similarities in those games. Manziel had 2 less yards passing on 1 more completion but a higher percentage. Both guys had exceptional rushing yards for QB (JM 18 for 92, BN 12-74). Manziel was definitely balling. Both QBs running for their lives a few times. Both won on the road by 5.
31 attempts versus 44 in '12 is a HUGE difference. Their QBR's were worlds apart.

I thought about Manzeil after seeing the LSU game and I don't see much similar at all with the exception of a few playsā€”when both were scrambling.

What Manzeil did against that 2012 Bama defense is comparible to the LSU defense of '21 and what they allowed? I don't see that.

31 attempts versus 44 in '12 is a HUGE difference. Their QBR's were worlds apart.

I thought about Manzeil after seeing the LSU game and I don't see much similar at all with the exception of a few playsā€”when both were scrambling.

What Manzeil did against that 2012 Bama defense is comparible to the LSU defense of '21 and what they allowed? I don't see that.
Agee. I didnā€™t say all things were equal but there were similarities in some numbers and definitely in some of the scrambles and plays Bo had Saturday night. But yeah, many differences as well. I sure didnā€™t say the defenses they played were equal. It even close. But rushing yards, passing yards, TDs, scramble plays where youā€™re running for your life. Yeahā€¦

Back
Top Bottom