| FTBL Week 2 BCS standings

The standings are now updated. Before it was showing last weeks standings with updated records.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/poll?poll=BCS

I noticed Penn State gained a decent amount on us...

Week 1:
2. Alabama .949
3. Penn State .867

Compared to Week 2...

2. Alabama .950
3. Penn State .926

Granted Penn State beat a ranked team, that doesn't change the fact that Ohio State is vastly overrated in my book. Looking at the remaining schedules for both teams, we play one ranked team(LSU) and will play another in the SEC championship assuming we make it. :wink: Penn State plays one ranked team(Michigan State). If we both win out I see no way that Penn State could jump us.

Julio4Heisman said:
The standings are now updated. Before it was showing last weeks standings with updated records.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/poll?poll=BCS

I noticed Penn State gained a decent amount on us...

Week 1:
2. Alabama .949
3. Penn State .867

Compared to Week 2...

2. Alabama .950
3. Penn State .926

Granted Penn State beat a ranked team, that doesn't change the fact that Ohio State is vastly overrated in my book. Looking at the remaining schedules for both teams, we play one ranked team(LSU) and will play another in the SEC championship assuming we make it. :wink: Penn State plays one ranked team(Michigan State). If we both win out I see no way that Penn State could jump us.

Is the Earth spinning? If so, Ohio State is overrated.

Luckily, Penn State didn't jump us. As you say, they did gain a lot of ground.

Only Richard Billingsley's computer system ranked Penn State at number 2. Out of six computer systems, five of them had 'Bama at #2 and Billingsley was the lone computer system to put us at #3.

Besides the 6 computer rankings, there are 2 more determinants which form the BCS system. Those other two are the Harris Interactive Poll and the USA Today/Coaches poll.

They both have us at #2 as well.

Penn State certainly did gain more ground than I was expecting though.

The one thing I noticed while flipping during commercials to the PSU OSU game, was that Penn St and OSU looked like an SEC game in slow motion. That is the big difference in SEC play and the other conferences. It's not the size...It's the speed of the game. This will come to light when it's time for the National Championship Game. If we are there....Texas will have a rude awakening.
Try it. Flip between an SEC game and a game from any other conference. It's night and day.

Back
Top Bottom