| FTBL We just got outplayed!

G

A lot of posts are pretty tough on our team. Offensive identity...agreed...JPW mediocre play..agreed...defensive poor pass rush...agreed.

We have played some goods teams and I know everyone is very disappointed but we have been very competitive! Lets be patient...it will turn and we will dominate teams. Lets quit crying, we have the right combination.

Bamatilldeath said:
A lot of posts are pretty tough on our team. Offensive identity...agreed...JPW mediocre play..agreed...defensive poor pass rush...agreed.

We have played some goods teams and I know everyone is very disappointed but we have been very competitive! Lets be patient...it will turn and we will dominate teams. Lets quit crying, we have the right combination.

The season is far from over. That's for sure.

I think what happens is, people forget the new leadership and expect things to get worse as the season wears on. I am not buying that theory this year. Too many intangibles.

Well, its no secret to opposing Defensive coordinators that all they need to do is run a zone and JPW will be neutralized.

I just think we need to open up the play book somewhat and throw everything we have at em'.

Not to say we need to convert to a totally different scheme, but mix it up some.

BTW, still wondering...where the heck has JJ been the last few weeks? Is there some reason he is not getting play time on offense? You would think a play or two with him in the lineup might be just what the doctor ordered...

Its been a long time since I saw a good halfback option pass. JJ would be the man to do it!

:)

RolltideinKY said:
Well, its no secret to opposing Defensive coordinators that all they need to do is run a zone and JPW will be neutralized.

I just think we need to open up the play book somewhat and throw everything we have at em'.

Not to say we need to convert to a totally different scheme, but mix it up some.

BTW, still wondering...where the heck has JJ been the last few weeks? Is there some reason he is not getting play time on offense? You would think a play or two with him in the lineup might be just what the doctor ordered...

Its been a long time since I saw a good halfback option pass. JJ would be the man to do it!

:)

It was kind of strange hearing him referred to as the "4th string running back" by Verne Lundquist. That was a bad break having the onsides kick hit off his helmet that way.

Solid title to this thread. It's the bottom line, we were just outplayed. It shocked me a bit I didn't see more toughness, mentally and physically, on the field I'll admit.

You guys just need to forget about JJ for the time being, unless you want to sacrifice discipline for the possibility of a little more productivity.

bamafan4ever said:
The season is far from over. That's for sure.

I think what happens is, people forget the new leadership and expect things to get worse as the season wears on. I am not buying that theory this year. Too many intangibles.

We've kind of been conditioned that way the past 4 seasons. :? I must admit I'm very concerned. You know I worry too much about football, but I'm very concerned about Houston and their passing.

The season is still young, but 2 first downs in the first 50 minutes of a game does not show any improvements. In fact, it is pretty obvious that our Offense is taking steps backwards. We have abandoned the run that was so successful the first couple of games and embraced the 2 yard pass over the middle. Our O is boring to watch and easy to stop unless we make changes. Their D was nothing special, we just made them look good. We have a lot of good Defenses still on the schedule with Ole Miss, LSU, and Auburn so without changes, this could be a really long season.

I think people are forgetting that this is for the most part the same team we had last year and last year's team went 6-7. We will win more games this year but we should expect 8 wins. Roll Tide!

Re: well said.

brutalhonesty said:
BarnBurner said:
I think people are forgetting that this is for the most part the same team we had last year and last year's team went 6-7. We will win more games this year but we should expect 8 wins. Roll Tide!

these guys just are not good. its sad for us. we expect more.

You got a mouse in your pocket?

Re: im sorry. i should have specified who "we" ar

brutalhonesty said:
most everyone i know and all the people they know and all those guys and gals over there.

Not to be an A-hole, but that still doesn't clear up much on the "we" topic.

Re: im sorry. i should have specified who "we" ar

It Takes Eleven said:
tidenumber1 said:
brutalhonesty said:
most everyone i know and all the people they know and all those guys and gals over there.

And then there is Bob, Jill, and Ted. They all agree too. :D

Don't forget Thibadeaux, Chartreuse, and Lemonjello.

I can't believe you guys are leaving out brutallystupid. He never goes anywhere without brutalhonesty.

Back
Top Bottom