| FTBL Way to make the SEC look slow, Florida

Great job Gators. Way to get handled by an unranked and still overrated Michigan team. Way to give up over 500 yards to a horrible offense. Way to support the argument that the SEC is dominant to the Big 10. That loss really hurts our conference in my opinion. (makes gator chop hand motion then slash to throat) You guys got embarrased while they taunted you the entire game. NICE JOB!!

two things that come to mind right away:

(1) Heisman curse

(2) Meeeshigan playing way over their heads as send-off to Lloyd Carr. This could also bite their new coach in the butt because now he's got an even tougher act to follow.

I agree with both of those. But Florida's secondary was absolutely HORRIBLE. The other teams in the SEC should learn a lot from the Michigan game plan. They brought heat on defence on about every play and Tebow showed he could not take it. He was throwing the ball away on every other play. When the opponent turns the ball over 4 times and you have no turnovers, and you lose, big problems. I think the all might Meyer got really out coached and out prepared.

Great job Michigan. You took an over-confident team, a team that had decided that you didn't belong on the same field as you did, and you showed them what solid football play is all about.

Your senior class demonstrated a lot of maturity today when faced with 4 turnovers you still maintained the focus you should and overcame what a lot of teams never could.

You should commend yourselves for the class you demonstrated when Florida took the field and proceeded to jump up and down on the logo in the center of the field. You should be proud of your maturity when Florida's players were showing their immaturity with actions such as poking players in their eyes on the field of play.

Be proud of your defensive effort. Be proud of the success you have had on the field of play and here's to a great future for all of your departing seniors.

Most importantly, be proud that when most of the nation didn't figure you had a chance in this ball game you proved, once again, it is settled on the field of play!

But how does this equate with Mich losing to Appy St.??

I agree that if it is not Carrs last game then FL probably rolls them up.

Mizzou is still the best all aroud team I've seen today- they spanked ARK and made them like it.

bamadam said:

Mizzou is still the best all aroud team I've seen today- they spanked ARK and made them like it.

It means that if LSU wins against tOSU, every team is the D1 BCS Champ.

Everybody beat somebody who beat somebody who beat Wofford who beat Appy State, who beat Michigan who beat Florida who beat Kentucky who beat LSU.

Big_Fan said:
bamadam said:

Everybody beat somebody who beat somebody who beat Wofford who beat Appy State, who beat Michigan who beat Florida who beat Kentucky who beat LSU.
WOW !!

Big_Fan said:
bamadam said:

Yeah!

Alabama beat
Vanderbilt who beat
Richmond who beat
Wofford who beat
Appalachian St who beat
Michigan

http://www.cfbanalyzer.com/index.html

Outlaw said:
Michigan didn't show that much class either, IMO.

By no means do I think two wrongs make a right. When I was watching the game (and this is my perspective, no necessarily the *right* perspective) I saw actions that reminded me of Auburn jumping up and down on LSU's mid-field logo and remembered UF doing it before as well. I'll give Meyer credit for trying to pull his team back, but that action is meant to incite and pass the message along that we own this place and you don't deserve to be here.

The jawing continued from the start of play and Michigan players responded when UF players were in their grill running their mouths at every opportunity. Even after punching UF in the mouth on the first drive, it continued. Throughout the game, it continued.

It's been an MO of Florida this past season despite having a few losses in conference play.

You want a recipe to get in their heads? Take UGA's example of their post TD celebration.

I respect the athleticism UF fields. But, I'd be hard pressed to change my mind set that if you have a team pull pre-game antics like UF did any team should stand up and play ball.

It's going to be a matter of opinion on this, but I see it as something that UF started and continued. They set the field of play.

TerryP said:
Outlaw said:
Michigan didn't show that much class either, IMO.

By no means do I think two wrongs make a right. When I was watching the game (and this is my perspective, no necessarily the *right* perspective) I saw actions that reminded me of Auburn jumping up and down on LSU's mid-field logo and remembered UF doing it before as well.

It also reminded me of when TO was playing against Dallas and ran to mid field to pose and George Teague came flying in and leveled his a$$... well, without that last part. It's just fun to remember! :D

I thought Michgan played a heck of a game. They out muscled Florida all over the field. Their front 4 on D was great, and that made every blitz successful. Their LBs played great too. Took it to the Gators hard. I'd love to see Alabama's defense play like that.

And they didn't back down from the defending National Champs in front of a big home crowd. They stayed in UF's face all day.

They never really stopped on offense. If it wasn't for the 2 fumbles on the 1 yard line, that would have been 14 more points.

Hats of to UM.

Rolltide24 said:
Great job Gators. Way to get handled by an unranked and still overrated Michigan team. Way to give up over 500 yards to a horrible offense. Way to support the argument that the SEC is dominant to the Big 10. That loss really hurts our conference in my opinion. (makes gator chop hand motion then slash to throat) You guys got embarrased while they taunted you the entire game. NICE JOB!!

One loss and now all of a sudden the SEC is shit? We are still 5-2. Michigan played way over there heads and should be given props. They had a great defensive gameplan IMO. UF's secondary is extremely young and Michigan's offense was clicking. Henne looked like the Heisman QB to me.

Back
Top Bottom