| FTBL Video: Bama Walk Thru at the SECCG.

I'm linking that for a specific reason. :D

When Florida was going through their walk-thru today, just as one example, the offensive line for Florida was tossing the ball back and forth playing a game of pitch and catch (for lack of a better description.)

One comment made from a BOL guy was "I was wondering if Mike Price was back in the SEC" when he saw it.

Sure, you can have different approaches to each game. Depends on the coach.

It sure seems to me, based on both observations, the Tide is focused and prepared for the game today. The guys look real relaxed which tells me the understand the game plan.

I’m looking at how much more we seem to focus on defense. Saban is leading the defensive walkthrough personally. Plus, there are so many coaches and GAs participating in the defensive walkthrough, they are able to put together an entire scout team offense composed of nothing but coaches. On the offensive side, I only saw about three coaches with McElwain in the lead and the scout team was composed of reserve defensive players. Makes me wonder if this is always the way it is or if the defensive focus is for this particular game.

I’ll also say this, some of the analysts have said Bama won’t be able to stop Florida because their offense thrashed South Carolina. I doubt however that Spurrier personally leads the defensive preparation and I’ll bet if you had watched their final preparation for the Florida game, the focus would have been on offense, rather than defense.

People point to the 3 turnovers in the South Carolina game as the defining description.

If you ask me, that game wasn't closer because of the 3rd down conversion rate for South Carolina. They were 1 for 15 on the game. Geez, they had 400 yards punting in that game.

Percy had more yards than the South Carolina offense did...sad statement there...and only 6 of those yards were receiving. Finished the day with 167 yards on 8 carries.

One other thing. I feel comfortable stating that you can take Saban, Steele, Smart or even Lance Thompson, put them head to head with Ellis Johnson, and we'll have a better DC on our side.

rick4bama said:
TerryP said:
rick4bama said:
Got to be a member?

You shouldn't have to...
Thanks, Terry but it tell me I have to join. I know it a 7 day free try. I don't won't to sign up at this site. That why I got all you guy for. :D

Sorry Rick, I assumed since you could watch recruits on video the same thing applied here.

I can tell you this...the certainly look very relaxed, but very business oriented in their walk-thru.

Florida looked like a bit of a playground type of atmosphere...Bama, almost church-like.

FOCUS vs PARTY TIME

If this is a sign...I LOVE what I see.

Fats dudes throwing balls in buckets is a GREAT way to focus for the biggest game of the year!
:roll:

FOCUS=ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

EDIT:
I just watched this AGAIN and what in the world is this???!!!! Florida is acting like a bunch of 10 year olds at the park! UNREAL!!

If they want to act like 10 year olds and goof around...BRING IT!!!!!!!

~Bryan

I gotta tell you, all week I've been on people (around me) who have doubted the Tide. However, after seeing that handstand in the endzone, I truly believe we are doomed. :(

rick4bama said:
Got to watch the last one. But couldn't tell what the guys were wearing on their head?

It's just a cover...they use it to signify who is on defense when players are wearing the same color jerseys.

Do you guys see what I mean?

HUGE difference between the two...

TerryP said:
rick4bama said:
Got to watch the last one. But couldn't tell what the guys were wearing on their head?

It's just a cover...they use it to signify who is on defense when players are wearing the same color jerseys.

Do you guys see what I mean?

HUGE difference between the two...
OH Yes I see what you mean. I like the way ours guys did the walk thur. It look like gators were on the playground to me.

It's required to have a walk through so I'm sure Saban and co. went through basic plays that the gators have seen on film before. Meyer and co. are super paranoid and didn't take it serious so as not to show anything. Doesn't matter. It sets a tone and the gators will find themselves in a whole if they have to "wake" up in this game.

BAMAFSTBACK said:
It's required to have a walk through so I'm sure Saban and co. went through basic plays that the gators have seen on film before. Meyer and co. are super paranoid and didn't take it serious so as not to show anything. Doesn't matter. It sets a tone and the gators will find themselves in a whole if they have to "wake" up in this game.

Required? Where did you hear that?

Back
Top Bottom