| OT USWNT⚽ OUT in the World Cup. The earliest exit in history.

I guess I'm the lone minority here. This is terrible. I don't agree with a lot of their social justice stuff, but this is our women's team. They were poorly coached. This guy couldn't make timely and/or appropriate subs if his life depended on it. He and his staff need to be cleaning out their offices TODAY!

Rapinoe...I will never forget the pass she made to Abby Wambach in the '11 Women's World Cup. What an assist and a perfectly played ball! Then I won't forget where she was completely outplayed and beaten up and down the sidelines in the '19 Women's World Cup by two different English players. Her time was already up. She didn't need to be in yesterday's or the Holland game, but this guy...

That assist btw...

The thing that grabs my butt about Rapin-hoe is that they sucked the little girls in…They bought in a made that team something big…. Then they stabbed them in the back by demanding trans-gender males be allowed on the team.. betrayal indeed..

The thing that grabs my butt about Rapin-hoe is that they sucked the little girls in…They bought in a made that team something big…. Then they stabbed them in the back by demanding trans-gender males be allowed on the team.. betrayal indeed..

Transgenders join team...rest should walk away...
And refuse to play vs any team that is using such..

I cant see how any female could support such bullshit...

Transgenders join team...rest should walk away...
And refuse to play vs any team that is using such..

I cant see how any female could support such bullshit...

Right now there are no men on the team (Canada, however...). Rapinoe uses her stature for her social justice ideas. I can't see any way she's on the '27 WC team, so I guess she's spouting off her ideology till the end.

Bye...

Speaking of bye, Julie Ertz, Philadelphia Eagles' Zach Ertz, has announced her retirement from international soccer. She's not at all one of the polarizing figures you guys think of when it comes to this team. She's been a warrior till the end. She will be missed!

Dont know how interested i am ...one way or another l...

But might read if YOU post...lol
If I posted a quarter of what I read I'd be posting 15 different threads a day.
Personally....i haven't really kept up with this.
When my high school killed the football program due to cost they switched to soccer...so I played for several years. I love the game. Partly because of the bullshit we've seen I didn't watch any of this years cup...I have kept up.

While this is sports I find just about everything that's polarizing to be interesting...sans the color of someone's hair.

If I posted a quarter of what I read I'd be posting 15 different threads a day.

When my high school killed the football program due to cost they switched to soccer...so I played for several years. I love the game. Partly because of the bullshit we've seen I didn't watch any of this years cup...I have kept up.

While this is sports I find just about everything that's polarizing to be interesting...sans the color of someone's hair.

Never cared for soccer. But great gran kids play. So i watch them.

They have fun

I coached my daughter in travel soccer years ago. (Before the current club soccer affiliations). Early 2000’s. I got certified as a “C” league coach (equivalent of the requirements to coach high school, not even sure they do it that way now). Only did that cause my daughter wanted to play, and she was pretty good so I ran with it. To this day I do not like soccer, I watched a little of bamas games last year but that’s it. I don’t care for basketball, can only watch live baseball (and coached aaa/major travel baseball with my son). Now on that note I went to an Orlando city game a few years ago and the crowd was freakin incredible!!!! Had fun with the crowd didn’t watch a lot of the game tho…

A bit like sayin' I don't care for baseball, I watch my grans play T-ball. 🤡

I'd bet, if you understood the game, you'd have a different opinion. In a sense, it's a lot like hockey. In soccer, it's not about watching the ball.
Yeah. Like that. Cept i know base n soft ball....
Went to hockey game once. Thought. "What hell is going on"
So...the soccer games ......i go...."go sammy...go Peyton..".
Dont care really whats going on...lol
Love watching my boys have fun

And

By the way

My brand new great gran son....2 weeks old...i only hope i get to watch him...at least some

I coached my daughter in travel soccer years ago. (Before the current club soccer affiliations). Early 2000’s. I got certified as a “C” league coach (equivalent of the requirements to coach high school, not even sure they do it that way now). Only did that cause my daughter wanted to play, and she was pretty good so I ran with it. To this day I do not like soccer, I watched a little of bamas games last year but that’s it. I don’t care for basketball, can only watch live baseball (and coached aaa/major travel baseball with my son). Now on that note I went to an Orlando city game a few years ago and the crowd was freakin incredible!!!! Had fun with the crowd didn’t watch a lot of the game tho…

Pretty much a carbon copy of that myself. My second youngest daughter loves soccer and it's probably the most fun sport to watch because it is non-stop, but from an interest perspective I couldn't care at all about the sport or anything past my daughter playing it. The flopping, the complaining, the premodonnas, the crowds that will kill you in two seconds, just not worth it to me. Much rather teach a group of kids to be young men/young women and be tough with a sport I believe makes you a better athlete all around (baseball/softball). Football is even losing its luster to me the older my son gets and the bigger the hits get. Something I never thought I would ever say. I coach it as well, but the classless team we played in a jamboree last weekend from Sumter, South Carolina that about led to multiple fights on and off the field and how they coach their kids to hurt other kids is unreal. One coach even threated to "spray the field", "kids and all" if that tells you how shitty they were and how bad it got. Anyways, I feel the same way you do.

Where do y'all play your tournaments? We are getting into AAA/Major this next year with the addition of two solid ballplayers. We will be playing in East Cobb most of the time. We are the Canes.

My brand new great gran son....2 weeks old...i only hope i get to watch him...at least some
Cool. Sounds like a plan.

Check this out. If you followed the NBA back in the day of Phil Jackson with Chicago, and Los Angeles, and you also understand his offensive scheme—the triangle—you'll see soccer in a totally different light. (It's not always three, but you get the concept.)

Take that approach and apply it to a pitch that's 100-120 yards long. There's beauty there.

Cool. Sounds like a plan.

Check this out. If you followed the NBA back in the day of Phil Jackson with Chicago, and Los Angeles, and you also understand his offensive scheme—the triangle—you'll see soccer in a totally different light. (It's not always three, but you get the concept.)

Take that approach and apply it to a pitch that's 100-120 yards long. There's beauty there.

Don't go to me, go through me...

Anybody that rooted against this team because of activism surely isn’t going to watch Bama either because they were activists after the murder of George Floyd.

Im against equal pay when it comes to the men and women’s teams because until recently the women were FAR FAR better than the men’s team.

From the first game I didn’t think this team was going to win it all, however this last game the US dominated play, but couldn’t get one in

Last edited:
Pretty much a carbon copy of that myself. My second youngest daughter loves soccer and it's probably the most fun sport to watch because it is non-stop, but from an interest perspective I couldn't care at all about the sport or anything past my daughter playing it. The flopping, the complaining, the premodonnas, the crowds that will kill you in two seconds, just not worth it to me. Much rather teach a group of kids to be young men/young women and be tough with a sport I believe makes you a better athlete all around (baseball/softball). Football is even losing its luster to me the older my son gets and the bigger the hits get. Something I never thought I would ever say. I coach it as well, but the classless team we played in a jamboree last weekend from Sumter, South Carolina that about led to multiple fights on and off the field and how they coach their kids to hurt other kids is unreal. One coach even threated to "spray the field", "kids and all" if that tells you how shitty they were and how bad it got. Anyways, I feel the same way you do.

Where do y'all play your tournaments? We are getting into AAA/Major this next year with the addition of two solid ballplayers. We will be playing in East Cobb most of the time. We are the Canes.
Oh my son is grown now I last coached the travel baseball 6 years ago. We were based in Pensacola. Had kids from foley al, to destin fl, playing with us. We traveled all over the south east. Played almost exclusively usssa (at the time it was the premier organization). Also played in a few perfect game tournaments

Anybody that rooted against this team because of activism surely isn’t going to watch Bama either because they were activists after the murder of George Floyd.

Im against equal pay when it comes to the men and women’s teams because until recently the women were FAR FAR better than the men’s team.

From the first game I didn’t think this team was going to win it all, however this last game the US dominated play, but couldn’t get one in
Let's not forget we had a player on the 2020 Championship run. He was a big fan of Megan, every time he scores a TD he would spread his arm the way she did!

Hang tight.

USWNT. It's a national team. The captain of that team said disparaging things about the nation she represents. The nation she chose to disparage chose not to support the team she represents. That's life and as fair of a response as anyone could dream.

This in no way deserves a comparison to George Floyd or the way anyone reacted to that story. You knew that when you typed the sentence.

Let's not forget we had a player on the 2020 Championship run. He was a big fan of Megan, every time he scores a TD he would spread his arm the way she did!

I don't agree that he did that because of her. I think that was blown out of proportion and Najee was kind of pushed to say that was a tribute. I could be wrong, but I am HIGHLY doubting Najee is a major fan of women's soccer and on a national stage decided to shout out the season to Repinoe.

Hang tight.

USWNT. It's a national team. The captain of that team said disparaging things about the nation she represents. The nation she chose to disparage chose not to support the team she represents. That's life and as fair of a response as anyone could dream.

This in no way deserves a comparison to George Floyd or the way anyone reacted to that story. You knew that when you typed the sentence.
She spoke truth with a lot of the stuff she has said.

The people that don’t support the team because of politics, stances, and causes are the same that disagreed with the protests (not the riot shit), disagreed with NFL players kneeling are the same that continue to cheer for a team that actively protested…..

I don't agree that he did that because of her. I think that was blown out of proportion and Najee was kind of pushed to say that was a tribute. I could be wrong, but I am HIGHLY doubting Najee is a major fan of women's soccer and on a national stage decided to shout out the season to Repinoe.
Najee has stated several times that he’s really good friends with her

Back
Top Bottom