| OT USWNT⚽ OUT in the World Cup. The earliest exit in history.

Pay them more! Pay them more! Pay them more!
Take a pause for a minute and join me in fairness.

The fundamental idea being "equal pay for both sexes" fits perfectly here. Both teams lost in the same round.

On another note, did Dennis Rodman's hair color bother you? I see people hung on on her hair color. Why? It's not a "who cares," but a "why care."

Take a pause for a minute and join me in fairness.

The fundamental idea being "equal pay for both sexes" fits perfectly here. Both teams lost in the same round.

On another note, did Dennis Rodman's hair color bother you? I see people hung on on her hair color. Why? It's not a "who cares," but a "why care."

One is the #1 team in the world, the other doesn't even rank Top 25 if I recall. You want to make the same money, you better be marketable, pull the demand to be paid, or win it all and still bring the demand. The men's team never wins it all, but they create publicity and their talent creates the marketability.

Rodman's hair was stupid. Looked like shit. I always looked at him and his piercings as a kid and thought he looked like an idiot. His post game outfits? Yeah, freaking dumb.

To your point, I don't care one iota about her or her hair, was just kicking her while she was down type thing. All that activism, concern, social media chirping, and all her political BS, and then they lose in the Field of 16. Albeit to the #3 team, but due to their sloppy play in the Group Stage it set them up for failure and showed a lack of focus which most likely came from arrogance. I take the same approach with her as I do someone like LeBron James (speaks for itself), or say Jalen Ramsey (Brinks truck entrance and all that smack talk), and others that overhype themselves and get involved in being an influencer only to get brought down a peg or two.

I can’t think of a team that grabbed my interest and support as fast as the 1999 team did.

Nor can I think of a team that I stopped supporting as fast as them , post the Cup win due to the off field BS. I believe if they could have advanced their popularity and support by keeping that nose to the grind and building their brand. Instead they let a few players hijack the moment and subsequently killing the fan interest they demand now. They’re not gonna get that respect till they earn it. Taking money from the men’s side and demanding equal footing is foolish.

They need to check the different crowds participation and the tv numbers between the men and women.

First off, I'm disappointed with these women! There were they to play soccer for USA. So this mean to me, that these women should have stood straighter and held hands over their heart!! Now if these women didn't want to put hand over heart, then why play for the USA?

Hopefully, she loses all relevancy in her retirement… good riddance
Tommie Smith and John Carlos outraged a lot of the people in this country when they held their gloved fist high in the '68 Olympics. I was one year old so my knowledge of those events are through reading history. It was a divisive time in Olympic sports.

We've seen others, more recently, who have caused a division within sports fans because of their views: Kerr and LeBron come to mind.

However, when I look back at, I don't know if I've ever seen a sports personality that was as divisive as she has been the last few years. Divisive to the point we have citizens rooting against the US National team when facing other countries.

You say you hope she loses relevance? In a society that's increasingly fueled by divisiveness?

Yea, er, no. I don't see that happening.

Tommie Smith and John Carlos outraged a lot of the people in this country when they held their gloved fist high in the '68 Olympics. I was one year old so my knowledge of those events are through reading history. It was a divisive time in Olympic sports.

We've seen others, more recently, who have caused a division within sports fans because of their views: Kerr and LeBron come to mind.

However, when I look back at, I don't know if I've ever seen a sports personality that was as divisive as she has been the last few years. Divisive to the point we have citizens rooting against the US National team when facing other countries.

You say you hope she loses relevance? In a society that's increasingly fueled by divisiveness?

Well, hopefully she’ll at least decide on natural hair color, and a better style😉

No. Wont lose relevance but WILL lose respect ....even more...

I hate that some of the other girls....that worked hard to be where they were...had to bear
the indignation....

I guess I'm the lone minority here. This is terrible. I don't agree with a lot of their social justice stuff, but this is our women's team. They were poorly coached. This guy couldn't make timely and/or appropriate subs if his life depended on it. He and his staff need to be cleaning out their offices TODAY!

Rapinoe...I will never forget the pass she made to Abby Wambach in the '11 Women's World Cup. What an assist and a perfectly played ball! Then I won't forget where she was completely outplayed and beaten up and down the sidelines in the '19 Women's World Cup by two different English players. Her time was already up. She didn't need to be in yesterday's or the Holland game, but this guy...

That assist btw...

While you guys are at it, look up the Alexi Lalas article on goal.com.

Dont know how interested i am ...one way or another l...

But might read if YOU post...lol

Personally....i haven't really kept up with this....or anything else they do she is involved in...or Labun....
Turn of nfl for a bit...

What i hate is..seeing others imitate them..like the girl soccer player at bama....most dont even know what they doing...just acting like clowns....
Hero worshippers.... maybe we did it with namath n Ali...too

Back
Top Bottom