| OT USWNT⚽ OUT in the World Cup. The earliest exit in history.

The shitty men’s teams haven’t become irrelevant so I doubt the women’s team will

I don't watch any of it (other than some UA soccer), but doesn't the WNT get far more coverage/press than the men's team? Seems that way to me, but again, I don't follow it. I know the hardcore fans follow both, but on my end, I see a lot more women's coverage.

A bit like sayin' I don't care for baseball, I watch my grans play T-ball. 🤡

I'd bet, if you understood the game, you'd have a different opinion. In a sense, it's a lot like hockey. In soccer, it's not about watching the ball.
I only started following soccer seriously about 5 years ago, and I wish I had started so much sooner.

They get more coverage, but a lot of that is they’ve been much much better than the men
If you've followed women's you'll understand this to be true. I don't think you do follow soccer. If you did you wouldn't be making comparisons between the USMNT and the USWNT. The only thing in common is the sport, soccer.

As an example I could start with, the World Cup for men isn't forced to give away tickets and we're just a few days removed from FIFA giving away 20,000 for the women's World Cup. Or, I could talk about the half empty stadiums seen in 2019.

I won't go there in depth and here's why. Your comment encapsulates how absurd the arguments we've heard have become.

"They been much better than the men." In women's competition, they dominated. This is true. But here's the main thing, Stomp.

Why have they dominated?

It's because these ladies were developing and honing skills when they were kids. At the same time, the majority of countries around the world still didn't believe women deserved to be on the pitch. Women, in the US, have a quarter of a century's head start on the majority of the rest of the world.

But! "The US is sexist. It doesn't respect women." That's been her "proudest moments as a member of the USWNT." (sic)

If there's one lesson in life I haven't learned it's humility. That's one thing I share in common with these ladies.

If there's one lesson I have learned in life it's gratefulness. That's something I don't share with these ladies.

I don't watch any of it (other than some UA soccer), but doesn't the WNT get far more coverage/press than the men's team? Seems that way to me, but again, I don't follow it. I know the hardcore fans follow both, but on my end, I see a lot more women's coverage.
Coverage, and popularity, are two different things. They're getting the same, or more, coverage this year as they did in 2019. They are not as popular this go-around.

Najee has stated several times that he’s really good friends with her

I just can't see any truth with that. Let's just look at who they are and their schedules at that time and how close could they really be? Really good friends? I think it was forced by the media as I stated. Najee has spoken ad nauseum at how Alabama was way more structured and harder than the NFL, and with that team's focus and determination I have a hard time believing he struck up some amazing friendship with a woman's soccer player that was in the World Cup and training and doing her own media tour. Just my thoughts though.

Najee has stated several times that he’s really good friends with her
Here's the video. It starts out on a false premise, includes others, but otherwise it's pretty tame.

Funny, really. He mentions he respects her because she stands up for what she believes. I do that with everyone in spite of whether I agree with them, or not.

It’s hard to overstate how wrong and ungrateful the opinions of USWNT players like Rapinoe are on America.

The reason the US has dominated women’s soccer for the past several decades is that the US has had a 30 year head start on the rest of the world. It isn’t because of an advantage in innate athleticism or talent in the US.

We developed skills and tactics and encouraged girls to play soccer while the rest of the world thought women didn’t belong on the pitch. We dominated a field that literally wasn’t trying to put forward its best. And that’s cool. Beat who is in front of you. Be proud.

But to then turn and characterize the US as a sexist hellhole that doesn’t respect women is beyond absurd. Your head start to dominate, to become a celebrity, to have the platform to say the US is sexist is literally because the US was the least sexist country on Earth.

Now the rest of the world cares about women’s soccer. Now they’re trying. And my suspicion is the arguments for equal pay between the USWNT and USMNT (the women win!) will have a bit less evidence.

Of course we could always take up Rapinoe’s next civil rights cause for activism and let dudes start playing womens soccer. But that’s a game the US will lose. If bunch of Brazilian and Spanish and German dudes start identifying as women, our days of winning women’s world cups are over!

When it comes to the women's world national teams in softball, which countries come to mind as the best?

When it comes to the women's world national teams in hockey which countries come to mind as the best?

Basketball?

Just spit ballin' ... but contrasting

On a world scale, USA baseball isn't considered one of the best. Competition abounds.

USA basketball is far ahead of the majority of the world. (Funny, reminds me of their 2004 campaign which is similar to this one.)

F24CGmaXgAAM_Kx

Just spit ballin' ... but contrasting

On a world scale, USA baseball isn't considered one of the best. Competition abounds.

USA basketball is far ahead of the majority of the world. (Funny, reminds me of their 2004 campaign which is similar to this one.)
Japan, South Korea, And just about all the Islands in the Caribbean. 😁

Here's the video. It starts out on a false premise, includes others, but otherwise it's pretty tame.

Funny, really. He mentions he respects her because she stands up for what she believes. I do that with everyone in spite of whether I agree with them, or not.

Let's not forget we had a player on the 2020 Championship run. He was a big fan of Megan, every time he scores a TD he would spread his arm the way she did!

Back
Top Bottom