| NEWS USC president Robert Caslen: 'Muschamp is my coach ... through the end of the season' - Greenville News

Saw a posts on SECRant… and Don't give me grief on the person who posted the info.... Not interested in that. If Golding is having few issues off the field, then maybe if the star aligns up right, I would think We would be very aggressive going after few names:
Dave Aranda ( Wisconsin) - Does he want to come back to SEC?
Greg Mattison/Jeff Hafley (Ohio State) - I'll be shocked if we can at least get one of them
Alex Grinch( Oklahoma) - Probably not... but can't hurt to try
Will Muschamp (SC) - if he is fired, he would probably be Saban's first choice. Know the system, and can help Golding
Jeremy Pruitt ( Tennessee) Doubt he would be fired, but if he is, same thing as Muschamp. Pruitt or Muschamp can take over defense for a year and teach Golding few things. Golding is back as DC in 2 years.
Brent Venables, (Clemson)- Dunno

Saw a posts on SECRant… and Don't give me grief on the person who posted the info.... Not interested in that. If Golding is having few issues off the field, then maybe if the star aligns up right, I would think We would be very aggressive going after few names:
Greg Mattison/Jeff Hafley (Ohio State) - I'll be shocked if we can at least get one of them
Will Muschamp (SC) - if he is fired, he would probably be Saban's first choice. Know the system, and can help Golding
Jeremy Pruitt ( Tennessee) Doubt he would be fired, but if he is, same thing as Muschamp. Pruitt or Muschamp can take over defense for a year and teach Golding few things. Golding is back as DC in 2 years.

I'm sure Dave Aranda would want to come back to the SEC. Almost 100% positive.

Venables...If I'm a Clemson fan, then I'm easily reminded of an ACC foe and its former DC Bud Foster. Both know their stuff and are damn loyal to the school, not the green. It's going to have to be the right offer: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to consider any other move.

Even if it comes to fruition that Saban pulls the trigger for a new DC, I don't think we would pay 2 million for a DC. I may be wrong, but I just don't see it.

I think for this to happen, it will have to be the right situation. ie, Muschamp gets shown the door at Carolina and Saban hires him.

Grief? He's at LSU.

Nothing per se', but I believe Boom working under Saban would be a force to be reckoned with. I would think that Muschamp would be a good assistant after having failed twice as a HC. Might be a little more humble and willing to learn from the GOAT this time around. I could see where Muschamp was a lot cockier (pun intended) when he was working for Saban at LSU/Miami. I would think that he would have a new perspective and willing to run Saban's D all the while adding some of his insight to how things are done.

Back
Top Bottom