| MBB/WBB UPDATE 9/29: New Patch article: Pre-Trial Immunity Hearing For Darius Miles Started Today

That's just called cross examination, nothing you've said has been correct so far from a legal standpoint so it's hard to take anything you say seriously when you're unable to form an argument that isn't a misrepresentation of the facts or a misused legal term. I have no crimson covered glasses here, if Davis were the leading scorer and Miller was a nobody bench player I'd be defending him here still because people don't deserve to go to jail for a murder they weren't a party to.

I've sold a gun or two in my time so far. What if someone murdered someone about two days after I sold them a gun or hell, 10 minutes later?

Does that make me a murderer? I've given someone a knife at a table they asked for or in a deer blind or in a corn field/bonfire. If they went and stabbed some dude who'd been fighting with him, does that make me a murderer as well? You're in a very slippery slope, legally, if you ruled that people who sell/loan/distribute items that are used in murders or for other crimes are then also held accountable for the crimes that were committed.

If that law did come to pass or that precedence was set by a case like this, it would shake the legal foundations of the justice system to it's core and not hundreds, not thousands, but millions of people would then be accessories to possible crimes. They won't rule that way, going 3 or 4 down the line is impossible unless there is clear evidence of conspiring to commit the crime with the perpetrator.

Imagine a bartender being sentenced to 5 years in prison because he/she served alcohol to another person and that person went and killed someone in a DUI head on collision. Did the bartender know that alcohol could cause someone to get drunk? Yes, did they force that person to drive under the influence and kill someone? No. It's pretty cut and dry here.

The law is not grey. It is BLACK and WHITE you don't get to interpret it as you see fit you have to read it as it is written or else it circumvents the entire Justice system.

Also, I'm not a Dickhead, I've been on these boards for quite some time and I rarely get in an altercation. I do have differing view points than others but just because I do, doesn't mean I fight them. I do however, stand for the facts. If they provide a clear and concise argument that is hard to dispute, I'd be willing to concede my logic might be flawed. I suggest you consider doing something like that here because it only looks worse for you the further you dig yourself into that foxhole and try to fight everyone around you. Playing devil's advocate can be fun, but knowing when to shut up is likely more important.
I was getting it from all ends… crossfire.. Truce

The reason it is a capital murder charge is the woman was shot in a car…to shoot someone from a car or in car is an automatic charge… Miller brought the weapon to the scene wittingly or unwittingly… the weapon was the reason the woman was murdered…Miller could have very easily been charged for nothing else but a plea and turn states evidence…Capital Murder is a very easy to charge crime when a capital element is there…Im amazed Miller wasnt charged in this case…Miles defense attorneys will try to paint Miller as the reason this took place..
Yes I’m aware what capital murder is and there’s absolutely zero way to charge him with it and that’s just purely based on the facts we know and I assure you I’m not saying this with “crimson colored glasses”.

Miles can paint Miller as the reason just the same as they can paint that Mickey Mouse is the reason

The reason it is a capital murder charge is the woman was shot in a car…to shoot someone from a car or in car is an automatic charge… Miller brought the weapon to the scene wittingly or unwittingly… the weapon was the reason the woman was murdered…Miller could have very easily been charged for nothing else but a plea and turn states evidence…Capital Murder is a very easy to charge crime when a capital element is there…Im amazed Miller wasnt charged in this case…Miles defense attorneys will try to paint Miller as the reason this took place..

Calling Miller to the stand to try and prove in front of a jury that he helped your client commit capital murder, which could bring in some even more damning premeditation concerns, seems like a really bold strategy for the defense team.

You seem to be spinning your wheels here, so I’ll give you a nudge in the right direction… Self-defense is going to be argued by the defense.

Yes I’m aware what capital murder is and there’s absolutely zero way to charge him with it and that’s just purely based on the facts we know and I assure you I’m not saying this with “crimson colored glasses”.

Miles can paint Miller as the reason just the same as they can paint that Mickey Mouse is the reason
Its very easy to charge Miller…If the DA wanted to.. He was called to bring the weapon..He brought it…The weapon he brought was used…Miles defense team can say Miller knew and that he didn’t have to bring the weapon…That can help Miles reduce the charge to a crime of passion…It is the defense teams job to defend Miles… Even if it means ruining Miller… They will say if Miller refused to bring that weapon, Miles would’ve cooled off..

Calling Miller to the stand to try and prove in front of a jury that he helped your client commit capital murder, which could bring in some even more damning premeditation concerns, seems like a really bold strategy for the defense team.

You seem to be spinning your wheels here, so I’ll give you a nudge in the right direction… Self-defense is going to be argued by the defense.
They could say Miles would’ve cooled off if Miller didn’t introduce the pistol…They just want to get Miller a lower charge and plea to lesser included..They will use Miller any way they can

Its very easy to charge Miller…If the DA wanted to.. He was called to bring the weapon..He brought it…The weapon he brought was used…Miles defense team can say Miller knew and that he didn’t have to bring the weapon…That can help Miles reduce the charge to a crime of passion…It is the defense teams job to defend Miles… Even if it means ruining Miller… They will say if Miller refused to bring that weapon, Miles would’ve cooled off..
I’ll just pose this question. Why wait for the pistol if you planned on cooling off? If they argue that position it doesn’t change the fact that he would be in a previous position to then prove that Miller had fore knowledge of the pistol and was actively attempting to get the pistol to him. To which the prosecution would argue there is no evidence of either of those positions. @Brandon Van de Graaff has it right. Their best case and chance will be to argue that the other gunman was the aggressor and Miles/Davis were acting on their own stand your ground right and that they felt their lives were in danger because he’d threatened them with a gun. Miller could be a solid piece for the defense if they can get him to testify that when he arrived the others were being the aggressors. I doubt they will tear his testimony down because once again. He has cameras that recorded his actions so it’s hard to dispute those facts unless you can get them somehow excluded from evidence. Then it becomes more of a he said/she said situation and gives the defense a way to say nobody got a clear view of what happened because they all ran. Then maybe they could say insufficient evidence is present. Though that would be a huge long shot

BTW, some of the behavior with idle threats and such make some posters come off as juvenile. Your points get lost in all the drivel,

With that being said, I haven't seen or heard a shred of evidence that will keep Miller of the court and for the University's attorneys to agree, it tells me all I need to know.

From my observation of Miller in the USC game, he was out to prove to his teammates that he has no quit in him despite the reckless media coverage. He seemed like a young man with a point to prove through his play. He was doing his damn best to get his team to engage and get fired up.

The media may have a strange effect if they continue to alienate the team and their coach. An "us" versus "them" mentality could be a dangerous thing for other teams playing the Tide and this team is already good without a proverbial chip on its shoulder.

There ain't nothing happening to Miller with regard to the Miles case. I would bet on it.

I have to agree with @Brandon Van de Graaff . The best defense for Miles to use is one of “self-defense”. Miles’ attorney even mentioned that once it all came out, people would be surprised as to the aggressor. Miles’ attorney will likely use Miller and his dash cam as evidence to prove such. Don’t see where or how Miller would be seen as a “hostile witness”.

In the end, I don't really care what happens here as luckily my family were not affected by this. I will say a few things though that will likely piss some folks off, but it's the reality of the situation. The text messages were likely not seen because he was driving? Yeah right, every kid from 12 years old to 25 has their phone glued to their hand at all times. Even with handsfree laws they still do it. So him not seeing them are likley not true unless we truly have the one in a million college kid here. My second point is why didn't Miller tell Miles to get in the car instead of sitting there, letting him retreive his gun and then walk to over to the guy that used it? I have not seen the dash camera, so maybe he did. Those are just two questions I have about it.

All that being said, if Miller's story is correct and he had no knowledge at all, why should he be sat so the national media can feel better? Terrible tragedy for the family of the girl that died, but why should he sit until the wound closes for them? If what he says is correct he did not pull the trigger, knowingly provide the gun, and was picking up his friend. All that being said, I'd freaking slap the tar out of any friend that left a loaded gun in my damn car. Had an Alabama fan at the game the other night say Miller did not know the gun was even in the car. How is that possible and how dirty does your car have to be and you not know what is in it? I say that after the article I read about Miller being a big time car guy that takes meticulous care of his vehicles. If that is true, it really makes not seeing the text messages an interesting spot.

Last edited:
I’ll just pose this question. Why wait for the pistol if you planned on cooling off? If they argue that position it doesn’t change the fact that he would be in a previous position to then prove that Miller had fore knowledge of the pistol and was actively attempting to get the pistol to him. To which the prosecution would argue there is no evidence of either of those positions. @Brandon Van de Graaff has it right. Their best case and chance will be to argue that the other gunman was the aggressor and Miles/Davis were acting on their own stand your ground right and that they felt their lives were in danger because he’d threatened them with a gun. Miller could be a solid piece for the defense if they can get him to testify that when he arrived the others were being the aggressors. I doubt they will tear his testimony down because once again. He has cameras that recorded his actions so it’s hard to dispute those facts unless you can get them somehow excluded from evidence. Then it becomes more of a he said/she said situation and gives the defense a way to say nobody got a clear view of what happened because they all ran. Then maybe they could say insufficient evidence is present. Though that would be a huge long shot
The fact remains a lawyer came in a helped Miller… He should have left with the pistol when the altercation was detected… and that is what the defense will focus on… Miles is going to prison… but the defense will try to use Miller for lesser included offenses..Otherwise it is dereliction of duty

Yeah that is the problem we can't know all the facts which is why this needs to play out.

I agree with you 1000% on this. And to that end what is the point of all the conjecture "...There could be other things coming out… who knows…", other to inflame & cajole?

However, when that speculation is countered with actual facts & folks keep stirring the crap with made up law/protocol or they use the speculations as an excuse to kick the kids when they are down just so they can get attention, only to decry I am being picked on?!!!.... Well, that's downright disgusting. And all this henhouse rooster strutting, back & fourth with, again, conjecture/speculations, they sure as hell wouldn't do this crap in Miller's presence Or an other player for that matter. C O W A R D I C E is all that comes to mind.

Last edited:
The fact remains a lawyer came in a helped Miller… He should have left with the pistol when the altercation was detected… and that is what the defense will focus on… Miles is going to prison… but the defense will try to use Miller for lesser included offenses..Otherwise it is dereliction of duty

Per Millers account, video, & text messages (which have been repeatedly relayed to you, all though ignored as if that information was not available): Miller was NOT aware of any altercation until Davis took the firearm out of the car (not Miller, not Miles) & began shooting at the Harris party.

Since you are so good with conjecture & speculation, when EXACTLY between the point when Davis grabbed the gun & unloaded the clip, should have Miller left with the pistol?

Per Millers account, video, & text messages (which have been repeatedly relayed to you, all though ignored as if that information was not available): Miller was NOT aware of any altercation until Davis took the firearm out of the car (not Miller, not Miles) & began shooting at the Harris party.

Since you are so good with conjecture & speculation, when EXACTLY between the point when Davis grabbed the gun & unloaded the clip, should have Miller left with the pistol?
you are a very biased person… you are not concerned about nothing but winning basketball games … you are listening to nothing I said at all.. I better if Miller played for another rival team…you would be one of those “put his ass in jail” types… but nope he scores alot of points for us…and guess what..he will be a pro next year not worried about Bama at all…You are just attacking me because I’m telling what will most likely happen…

you are a very biased person… you are not concerned about nothing but winning basketball games … you are listening to nothing I said at all.. I better if Miller played for another rival team…you would be one of those “put his ass in jail” types… but nope he scores alot of points for us…and guess what..he will be a pro next year not worried about Bama at all…You are just attacking me because I’m telling what will most likely happen…

Again, nothing but conjecture & avoiding the challenged facts that are at hand. I am shocked you couldn't come up with a fantastic strategy for when Miller should have taken the pistol when the altercation was detected. Your imagination is dulling there sir.

Yes I am biased. I am VERY biased... To the facts! IF any new facts come about, I am more than willing to hear them out & reassess from then. Not until then. I am not biased to pure conjecture & speculation, especially when cowards like yourself troll boards for attention. I truly hate myself for trying feeding you with facts when all you really want is attention at whomever's expense.

Back
Top Bottom