| FTBL Underdog Lock of the Year!

252BAMA

AKA: ALA2262
Northern Illinois wins straight up at ut. ut caught looking behind to losses to UF and the barn, and then looking ahead to UGA. Never focuses on NI.

Co-worker and I were talking about that very thing this morning.. They have UCLA to open the season then an off week before they play UAB...

Then they play Florida, @Auburn, NI, @GA , MS State, Bama, @ South Carolina, Wyoming and then an off week before they play Vandy.. Thats a weird way to schedule if you ask me..

chevy0082 said:
Co-worker and I were talking about that very thing this morning.. They have UCLA to open the season then an off week before they play UAB...

Then they play Florida, @Auburn, NI, @GA , MS State, Bama, @ South Carolina, Wyoming and then an off week before they play Vandy.. Thats a weird way to schedule if you ask me..

They have very little to say about the schedule. SEC schedules the 8 conference games. They had 6 open dates in which to schedule 4 OOC games and take 2 weeks off. Just like every other SEC team. I have ut going 6-6 with wins over UCLA, UAB, MSU, Wyoming, Vandy, and UK. Wouldn't mind seeing them lose one of those and not go to a Bowl.

chevy0082 said:

Too bad there aren't "Weird Scheduling Police." If there were, maybe we wouldn't have GA, LSU, Tenn, and Ark all on the road.

Speaking of weird SEC scheduling. Does any one know the real reason that, for what seems like decades now, every SEC team that faced Alabama had an off week before playing us?

I think it may have ended last year or maybe just this coming year.

CtrlAltieDel said:
Speaking of weird SEC scheduling. Does any one know the real reason that, for what seems like decades now, every SEC team that faced Alabama had an off week before playing us?

I think it may have ended last year or maybe just this coming year.

Actually it just started last year. IMO, here's what happened.

When the SEC took over the conference scheduling, Roy Kramer's #1 rule was that ut would have an open date in which to schedule an off date before their game with Bama. Bama of course complained about it every year. Kramer eventually retired, but the rule remained in place. Finally year before last(for last year's schedule) the SEC gave in to Bama's complaints. What they did was to say, "OK Bama, we'll make ut play MSU every year(ha,ha,ha) and we'll give ALL of the other seven an open date. Let's see how you like that!"

Last year 4 of the seven took an off date and 3 scheduled OOC games. All could have taken an off date if they had so chosen. This year it is the reverse. Three took off dates and four scheduled OOC games. Again, ALL seven could have taken off if they had so chosen.

Back
Top Bottom