| TV/MOVIES/MUSIC Unbroken

bama alum

Just got back from this one. The Academy needs to go ahead and give it the Best Picture award. What a movie! So much of his life was scattered throughout this preview:

I was wondering how Jolie was going to fit it all in. She did it just right.

Great, great movie!! Go see it this weekend! You will not regret it.

How's this for some useless trivia.

Louis "Louie" Zamperini and Angelina Jolie lived within sight of each other in the Hollywood Hills, both of them could see each others house. Want to say they are less than a mile apart from each other.

I watched an interview with her about this movie and what she has learned from this whole experience. Pretty interesting. One of the things she said was it was going to be a challenge trying to fit his life story into a movie.

I am looking forward to seeing the movie in the next few days. I also want to see American Sniper.

My wife and I were going to make that a Christmas day double header, but Birmingham didn't make the select city list. I guess we'll have to wait til 16 Jan...And then have to leave Alabaster to see it. One of the local theater employees told me Amstar wasn't getting it.

I am looking forward to seeing the movie in the next few days. I also want to see American Sniper.

My friend did the same thing, said "Unbroken" was by far the superior movie. I saw "Sniper", thought it was pretty .. well, meh is the only word I can think of. Cooper's acting is the only good thing about it, he will get some Oscar consideration. See for yourself!

My wife and I were going to make that a Christmas day double header, but Birmingham didn't make the select city list. I guess we'll have to wait til 16 Jan...And then have to leave Alabaster to see it. One of the local theater employees told me Amstar wasn't getting it.

It's not bad to leave Alabaster every now and then, even if just down to Siluria or Camp Branch, or even Simmsville.

Yes. The Bruno family did much good for Birmingham. Food World, Big B, Brunos, Foodmax, Consumer Foods, Food Fair, and the massive support to John Carroll. When you compare them to the other B'ham based retail/service giants of Just for Feet and HealthSouth, they weren't a house of cards.

Back
Top Bottom