| FTBL UK fans take a play from the WVU fan's playbook!

bamafan4ever said:
http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/10408418

Burning couches in the bluegrass.

I live in KY and work in Lexington. My job involves working with the police and I had a chance yesterday to talk with a cop who worked Saturday night.

There was 1 couch. The celebration was over by 2, not 3, and there were not that many arrests directly related to the game. 22 arrests on a Saturday night including DUI is not that unusual for any city with over 400,000 people in the metro - For comparison Tuscaloosa County police made 9 arrests Saturday.

Its just the media taking shots...nothing to see here.

Big_Fan said:
bamafan4ever said:

I live in KY and work in Lexington. My job involves working with the police and I had a chance yesterday to talk with a cop who worked Saturday night.

There was 1 couch. The celebration was over by 2, not 3, and there were not that many arrests directly related to the game. 22 arrests on a Saturday night including DUI is not that unusual for any city with over 400,000 people in the metro - For comparison Tuscaloosa County police made 9 arrests Saturday.

So I guess the media blowing this all out of proportion is UK's induction into the world of SEC football.

BamaDelta said:
Big_Fan said:
bamafan4ever said:

So I guess the media blowing this all out of proportion is UK's induction into the world of SEC football.

Kentucky is in the SEC In football too? :shock:

Big_Fan said:
I live in KY and work in Lexington.

Hey, me too!

Where are you at in KY? I am in the big town of Lawrenceburg...
:D

Yeah, these UK fans are really excited about their team. I have to be proud for them though. Its not often that a UK fan enjoys the football season.

(Don't tell anyone...but I am really glad we don't play UK this year!)

RolltideinKY said:
Big_Fan said:

Hey, me too!

Yeah, these UK fans are really excited about their team. I have to be proud for them though. Its not often that a UK fan enjoys the football season.

I live in Wilmore.

Honestly, living among the UK folk is not bad at all. I lived in the Golden Triangle in MS, and in Grenada - close to Oxford, and in Magee - close to Hattiesburg...those places where the armpit, toe crevice, and knee crack of the SEC in terms of living amongst the locals.

Big_Fan said:
RolltideinKY said:
Big_Fan said:

Hey, me too!

I live in Wilmore.

Honestly, living among the UK folk is not bad at all. I lived in the Golden Triangle in MS, and in Grenada - close to Oxford, and in Magee - close to Hattiesburg...those places where the armpit, toe crevice, and knee crack of the SEC in terms of living amongst the locals.

Seriously?

I lived in Grenada from '84 - 93ish. I was a young lad. When were you living there?

Big_Fan said:
Honestly, living among the UK folk is not bad at all.

Yeah, not bad at all. I guess because there is no real rivalry between the teams.

You probably know as well as I do though, UK fans are about as rabid about their Basketball program as we are about Football.

So I take it you are at the Seminary school down in Willmore. Nice place I hear.

You will run across a lot of Bama fans around here though...even an occasional Aubie. (bleh)

Outlaw said:
Big_Fan said:
RolltideinKY said:
Big_Fan said:

Hey, me too!

I live in Wilmore.

Seriously?

I lived in Grenada from '84 - 93ish. I was a young lad. When were you living there?

I lived there from May of 2002 until July of 2004.

Big_Fan said:
Outlaw said:
Big_Fan said:
RolltideinKY said:
Big_Fan said:

Hey, me too!

I live in Wilmore.

Seriously?

Ahh, I see. How'd you like it?

Outlaw said:
Big_Fan said:
Outlaw said:
Big_Fan said:
RolltideinKY said:
Big_Fan said:

Hey, me too!

I live in Wilmore.

Seriously?

We liked it there for a while but I left Grenada with some really bad memories. The lake is nice...very good elementary school...a couple of really good restaurants. It is a short drive to Memphis...

The last week we lived there was probably the worst week of my life so I get queezy thinking about that place.

Big_Fan said:
Outlaw said:
Big_Fan said:
Outlaw said:
Big_Fan said:
RolltideinKY said:
Big_Fan said:

Hey, me too!

I live in Wilmore.

Seriously?

We liked it there for a while but I left Grenada with some really bad memories. The lake is nice...very good elementary school...a couple of really good restaurants. It is a short drive to Memphis...

The last week we lived there was probably the worst week of my life so I get queezy thinking about that place.

Yeah, understandable. I went to the private school (Kirk) there. We really didn't like the atmosphere there when it comes to violence, drugs, etc. The week before we moved, there was a shooting at the (public) high school football game. That, along with all my family being in this area and it was a pretty easy decision for the 'rents.

Back
Top Bottom