| MBB/WBB UCONN National Champions

If you play UCONN in the NCG! Don't play them in Texas.

UConn is the best on title night, especially in Texas Interestingly enough, four of the five title game wins have come in the state of Texas and this is the second UConn title in Houston, the other coming in 2011.

If you Google "uconn mens basketball season list" they have fireworks in the background ... sort of like the snow I've added at Christmas. I've never seen Google do that.

UCONN = BLUE BLOOD PROGRAM.

Get this ... more titles in the last 25 years than Kansas has in its history. And we call Kansas a Blue Blood.

If you Google "uconn mens basketball season list" they have fireworks in the background ... sort of like the snow I've added at Christmas. I've never seen Google do that.

Get this ... more titles in the last 25 years than Kansas has in its history. And we call Kansas a Blue Blood.
Yes, that came to mind about the fireworks too.

Last night, UCONN, showed up and played very well against a very good SDSU team. Coach Dan Hurley (from the famous Hurley family) and his team left no doubt that they were the better team last night. I am not a UCONN fan by any means but I do like to see a team that plays well together.
I didn't know Hurley coached UConn. Good for him. He got passed over way too many times in the past.

I guess they do that for all the national champions... I know they did it when Bama beat Ohio St.

Last night, UCONN, showed up and played very well against a very good SDSU team. Coach Dan Hurley (from the famous Hurley family) and his team left no doubt that they were the better team last night. I am not a UCONN fan by any means but I do like to see a team that plays well together.

I watched UCONN destroy Arkansas & they were just bad ass when then did it. I knew right then anybody was going to have their hands full playing them. They looked, BY FAR, like the best team in the tournament for the entire tournament.

I watched UCONN destroy Arkansas & they were just bad ass when then did it. I knew right then anybody was going to have their hands full playing them. They looked, BY FAR, like the best team in the tournament for the entire tournament.
What happened during their regular season that prevented them from being a #1 seed?

What happened during their regular season that prevented them from being a #1 seed?

No clue. Some teams just figure things out by tournament time. No holds barred, hair fire. That's sure what they looked like to me.
Here's a catch phrase casual fans ignore but it's the god's honest truth: conference schedule.

Another little thing overlooked ... we just watched Bama beating SEC teams by double digits this past season. Teams that knew what they were about to see, had seen teams defend and beat the system, and they were still beaten, and beaten badly. There's a lot to be proud of as a basketball fan.

Here's a catch phrase casual fans ignore but it's the god's honest truth: conference schedule.

Another little thing overlooked ... we just watched Bama beating SEC teams by double digits this past season. Teams that knew what they were about to see, had seen teams defend and beat the system, and they were still beaten, and beaten badly. There's a lot to be proud of as a basketball fan.

Oh I am very pleased with how well our basketball team played this year for the most part. Certainly hoped to see them make it to the finals. But that's how the cookie crumbles sometimes.

We did have a very good year in basketball. SEC regular season champions, SEC tournament champions and making it to the sweet 16 in the dance. All of us are disappointed we did not make it longer in the tourney. You have to be hot and playing well at the right time of year and we just didn't answer the bell against SDSU. It happens. Hopefully, next year we make another run.

Good point. The way the roared through the tournament made it seem like they should have done the same to the Big East conference.

Also, it occurred to me that they may have received far better COACHING throughout the season than most teams.

Back
Top Bottom