| NEWS UA Student arrested for making threats against Tiger Stadium

Sgt. Lincoln Osiris

Lead farmer

A University of Alabama freshman being held in the Tuscaloosa County Jail is suspected of calling in a threat to LSU’s Tiger Stadium during the school’s football game against the University of Florida on Saturday night, The Tuscaloosa News has learned.

Connor Bruce Croll, 19, was booked into jail early Sunday, where records list him as a “fugitive from justice.” He is being held without bond and is expected to face charges in Baton Rouge.

University of Alabama Police arrested Croll. Neither UA nor LSU officials provided details about the incident, but UA spokesman Chris Bryant released a statement to The News on Monday afternoon:

“We are aware of the arrest of a UA freshman over the weekend. Threats and pranks can have serious ramifications and necessitate an appropriate response. The university and UAPD are cooperating fully with the investigation, but we cannot provide any additional details on a pending matter.

“UA will follow its student conduct policies and procedures. The LSU community has always been gracious to us, and we regret these events.”

LSU’s media relations director Ernie Ballard said he couldn’t comment on a pending investigation.

The warrant or warrants against Croll weren’t yet available Monday through the East Baton Rouge Clerk of Court’s office. It is unclear what Croll will be charged with.

According to Louisiana State Police “The terrorizing law in Louisiana is a felony and states that people who intentionally communicate information of a crime of violence, which causes the public to be in sustained fear for their safety, causes the evacuation of a building, or other serious disruption to the general public can be arrested and fined up to $15,000 and/or imprisoned for up to 15 years.”

Someone told me that where threats/pranks are concerned, there is either a very long statute of limitations or none at all. That, of course, would mean that if they find out about it years later, they can charge you years later.

Connor Bruce Croll, 19, was booked into jail early Sunday, where records list him as a “fugitive from justice.” He is being held without bond and is expected to face charges in Baton Rouge.
Ummm, was he wanted for something else too?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but growing up, a good many of us would carry our guns to school. Leaving them in our trucks of course. I never remember even hearing of anyone threatening to shoot someone. Society as a whole has just became more and more angry and crazy.

Back
Top Bottom