| FTBL UA Coordinator/coaching changes— SPLIT into offensive and defensive threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Todd Grantham is a much better choice than Charlie Strong. He can't maintain a solid defense; in the first few years of his tenure(s) they're hot and then fall off.

Strong hasn't been able to field a decent defense since we saw the game flip to offense in the last decade. Literally, Ole Miss had a better defense last season.
Neither should be the DC at Alabama and we know that's the truth. Grantham has been nothing more than a retread.

Yeah I agree with that assessment of Todd. My take was more geared towards your statement about Charlie Strong, and the fact that he hasn't been a DC since the late 2000s.

Todd Grantham is not a moron, and I kind of view him as being a step or two below a respectable DC like Kevin Steele; however, consistency seems to be Todd Grantham's problem. I wonder why that is?
I think Strong could be a decent DC in this offensive era. He just wasn’t made to be a HC which is fine. Maybe Grantham is good at the beginning then he wears on players like like Chip Long does everywhere he gets hired as OC.

A second possibility could be that opposing coordinators know how to defend him after the first year. You would think they would just go back and look at his years at Georgia though and he would lint have had much success at Louisville, Mississippi State or Florida if that was the case.

A third possibility is he might get too confident in his scheme and goes rogue taking big chances by calling blitzes from everywhere and at critical times.

He might also lose touch with game flow at times when calling plays. Golding certainly did a good bit…he struggled with it. I feel like that is the most important attribute of a playcaller…being able to be in sync with the flow on the game…adjust…if you’re a play behind you will always have an issue.

Kevin Steele- he was terrible at Clemson because he didn’t have the horses to run his scheme. Players also said he was too complicated. He was ok at LSU because he had the athletes. I thought he was really good at Auburn because during that time they had really good defensive linemen. Somehow they always seem to have good defensive linemen even when they have 7-5, 6-6, 8-4 type seasons three years in a row. Their secondary and linebacker talent was also above average while Steele was there. Steele was mediocre at Alabama but the talent was there minus 2007 then he got demoted 😂 so I guess Coach wasn’t happy with his play calling. What year did Kirby punch him in the face? Didn’t Steele hit on Kirby’s wife? Wonder how many wives Lance Thompson hit on 🤣

The NCAA needs to let the Pruitt-Tennessee thing alone…UT never prospered under Pruitt...UT lost millions of dollars in fan profits due to lower tickets and merch sales…Pruitt was fired and lost most of his income…Pruitt was radioactive in college ball for two years (and still is)…Fat Phil is permanently radioactive in the NCAA…A lot of his recruits left in the portal… Some that stayed at UT played a major role in their miracle season, this year (Pruitt’s recruits Hooker Hyatt, ect)….It got UT the coach they wanted…It should be over already…but Bama wants him so there is DRAMA…
No harm, no foul? If you steal $1000 from a bank, but they make that money back, you shouldn’t be punished? The bank is still out $1000. You still broke the law.

Irrelevant. If you’re caught, be ready to pay a price.
This is hilarious. Most teams scoff at NCAA rules and have no fear of getting caught and "paying the price." The NCAA has been toothless for over ten years now if not more. It's why it's so prevalent. BTW, the NCAA can't make "laws", they can make rules.

This is hilarious. Most teams scoff at NCAA rules and have no fear of getting caught and "paying the price." The NCAA has been toothless for over ten years now if not more. It's why it's so prevalent. BTW, the NCAA can't make "laws", they can make rules.
Yep! The days of “staring down the barrel of a smoking gun” are over!! NCAA is a joke!!

Auburn was wondering if they can make "buy" laws?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom