| FTBL UA Coordinator/coaching changes— Alabama hires Tommy Rees as offensive coordinator

I would love to see Milroe used in short yardage situations with McClellan and Williams with him in the backfield. Some QB sweeps or lead option stuff on the edge.

On Rees, I'd think folks would be a little more excited, or at least open minded, about the potential there. He's a physical attack guy. His pinned tweet is of a woman (fiancé maybe?) wearing a, "Run The Damn Ball" hat. He heavily involves the TE (with motion). He is well versed with RPO and up tempo. He understands how and when to use screens [side eyes at O'Brien]. Brian Kelly wanted him at LSU, which says something. Mario tried to get him at at Miami. Like anyone else high on Saban's list, he'd have come with high marks from people Saban trusts (like Ken Whisenhunt). He fits a mentality that is needed around the team... i.e. he isn't soft. And as a bonus, IMO, he'd be a Sark level recruiter (to compare to former OC's) under Saban.

Welcome to Tuscaloosa. Great pick up for an analyst.

Might be though.

Start me or i am gone.
I doubt he has that attitiude but if he does you definetly do not want him starting. Go improve and earn it. Been crazier things happen (see Blake Sims).

Seeing a lot of articles being written about returning production. Bama is down big time on offense and defense so we are going to need a lot of these youngerster to come in and produce and produce quickly. Good thing is there is talent just gotta produce on the field,

I doubt he has that attitiude but if he does you definetly do not want him starting. Go improve and earn it. Been crazier things happen (see Blake Sims).

Seeing a lot of articles being written about returning production. Bama is down big time on offense and defense so we are going to need a lot of these youngerster to come in and produce and produce quickly. Good thing is there is talent just gotta produce on the field,
So your saying...play as a team and dont wait for stars to bail you out...l
Ok with that

Bama is down big time on offense and defense so we are going to need a lot of these youngerster to come in and produce and produce quickly. Good thing is there is talent just gotta produce on the field,

That always makes me nervous but as @50+yeartidefan stated. It creates a more cohesive team environment. I think the young guys develop a hunger as well. Most of the guys on the team do not have a ring. If they do, they didn't contribute much to earning it. I think this team will be hungry and have a chip on it's shoulder this next year.

Back
Top Bottom