| FTBL Two sides to every story? Meh...more from Texas, Sark, and in this case Billingsley.

TerryP

Staff
Yesterday evening the story broke about how Billingsley fared in the Texas practice. It was reported he left the field yesterday, basically "pulling himself out of practice," pointing to his hamstring.

When Sark appeared for his presser the "official story" was "it was a staff decision." Here's where I encourage you to use your logic meter. Does it seem possible, even likely, he quit in practice?

Just a few minutes ago I received a text saying TI was saying Hall's experience in Austin is going a lot like Billingsley—both repeating behaviors and tendencies they had in Tuscaloosa.

I find this a little funny coming on the heels of reading an earlier article on the value of Texas +6600, as a title contender.

Absolute WASTES of talent!!! BOTH of them, Billingsley and Hall!!!
Hall? Dude wiped twitter clean because Texas coaches told him to. He has done everything they asked of him. He's currently running with 3's in the practice. He still is acting up...

Both of them are still on the team as of now, so we ddon't know the outcome just yet to say theyre wasted talent.

Hall? Dude wiped twitter clean because Texas coaches told him to. He has done everything they asked of him. He's currently running with 3's in the practice. He still is acting up...

Both of them are still on the team as of now, so we ddon't know the outcome just yet to say theyre wasted talent.

Yeah, you can. Keilan Robinson is second team and you see his stats. So third team, Hall ain't seeing much production this Fall. Worthy is their guy that will see 85% if touches. On top of that, their work ethic won't magically appear, nor will their attitude change.

FZV0oTdWQAE-i7f

FZV0oTjXkAI7US3

Billingsly.....dropped crucial 3 rd down pass at A$M...in final moments that would have kept the last drive alive....( and had a problem in uga NC game)
Billingsly...caught a hugh pass on final drive at AU....for first down....that kept drive alive..

....Whatever....

Hall....had a good spring with really nice catches....
Hall....was a problem on bench area,.,,for-not getting PT ( i guess..or so....it appeared)

...Whatever...

I think we can though! Hell! He had to be pretty damn talented for Saban to even offer him a scholarship! He was a cancer during his time here and is proving out in Austin that he is still having issues.
Billingsley is the same! He proved it last year to me with his actions on the field. He “checked out” and it showed in some of the most crucial moments when we needed him. I still think the catch he made against the Barn was only because Bryce smoked that pass into his ribs and it stuck!
Not saying I’m some HS version of Vince Lombardi or something, but I did coach football and saw some pretty talented guys during my career. Carnell Williams, Tim Castille, Jamarcus Russell to name a few. I spoke with Russell following a playoff game and I told him that the “sky was the limit” for him and he was a freshman in HS! Told him to keep his “nose clean and keep studying the game”. Some get it and some don’t! Talented wasted!
Back to Billingsley and Hall, if they are having this many issues now and have been, they will never make it!

Back
Top Bottom