Tuscaloosa bus & taxi question

silvermetalflake

Verified Member
I'm coming to Tuscaloosa for the Nov. 18 Tide game and wanted to ask about the bus and taxi service there. I've checked the Tuscaloosa transit authority website but every link it provides (route maps et el) crashes and won't open.

I guess, what I really need is some general insight and opinions on ways of moving about, as I don't drive and not sure about the public transit system there. I'm most likely staying at the Masters Economy Inn, 3500 Mcfarland Blvd E. and arriving (from Birmingham) via Greyhound terminal which is located at 2520 Stillman Blvd.

And I am assuming there is a bus that goes up McFarland to University and one can walk from there to the game? But I understand all bus service stops at 6pm??

Also, how numerous are the taxis? Are they everywhere roaming about, or is one expected to phone when they need them? Any recommendations on which company is the best? The Web is full of nothing but unhelpful negative reviews.. so I thought I'd ask.

Any insights would be helpful. Thanks.

Definitely use the game shuttle, and I think you'll need to call a taxi if you intend to use one. Bus transit gets a little dicey when you get in the South, and your Greyhound experience should be just that - an experience. Pack light and keep up with your stuff.

I strongly encourage you to read the reviews, and police reports, on Google for the Masters Inn.

Definitely use the game shuttle, and I think you'll need to call a taxi if you intend to use one. Bus transit gets a little dicey when you get in the South, and your Greyhound experience should be just that - an experience. Pack light and keep up with your stuff.

I strongly encourage you to read the reviews, and police reports, on Google for the Masters Inn.

^^^^This^^^^

Back
Top Bottom