| FTBL Tuberville thinks he's funny

Sauce

Tommy Tuberville zings Alabama with salute

Auburn coach enjoying his 6 straight wins against Crimson Tide

Published on: 05/28/08

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Even in the Middle East, Tommy Tuberville couldn't resist a playful poke at rival Alabama's six-year losing streak to his Auburn teams.

This time it was the seven-finger salute.

Tuberville made the gesture after helping coach U.S. military personnel to a victory in a 7-on-7 flag football game during a goodwill tour to the Middle East.

In fairness, he did have a little encouragement.

"There were SEC guys on both teams," Tuberville told The Birmingham News at the Southeastern Conference meetings Tuesday. "They said, 'Hold up seven fingers, coach.' Anything to get a laugh."

The gesture might have drawn the ire of some Crimson Tide fans, but not all of them.

"One guy said, 'I'm an Alabama guy, but go ahead and put up seven anyway. Doesn't make any difference,'" Tuberville said.

It's not the first time the coach has enjoyed a little fun at 'Bama's expense. He raised four fingers into the air after win No. 4 in Tuscaloosa and was later photographed on a bowl trip to Orlando wearing a "Fear the Thumb" T-shirt referring to a bid for a fifth straight win.

The seven-finger salute was captured by a photographer, and it has since made the Internet rounds.

If the photo gets Tide fans riled, Tuberville is OK with that.

"Everybody ought to be fired up," he said. "It needs to be a good game. People need to be into it."

As for the streak, "Sooner or later, it's gonna end. We're gonna have fun while it lasts. If it was on the other side, it would be the same way. It's just a game."

Tuberville said he signed plenty of Alabama paraphernalia for troops in the Middle East. While the teams and fans around the state don't treat it as "just a game," he has a little different perspective with the weeklong trip fresh in his mind.

"It's not life-or-death," he said. "What we just left, that's serious. It puts it into perspective."

"It's not life-or-death," he said. "What we just left, that's serious. It puts it into perspective."

Sitting here in my comfortable chair, I started to get riled up over his seven finger salute. He traveled over there to meet the troops and had the right perspective. If he brightens the troops' day, he can wear a houndstooth hat, eat Golden Flake chips and find a goalpoast to lean against.

RTR,

Tim

It Takes Eleven said:

Sitting here in my comfortable chair, I started to get riled up over his seven finger salute. He traveled over there to meet the troops and had the right perspective. If he brightens the troops' day, he can wear a houndstooth hat, eat Golden Flake chips and find a goalpoast to lean against.

RTR,

Tim

Bingo. I agree.

It Takes Eleven said:

RTR,

Tim
;sal couldn't have said it better myself

It Takes Eleven said:

NO WAY. He can eat the chips and drink the Coke but he is not fit to clean a goalpost much less lean against it.

It is cool that he went over there. I hope he keeps making trips like that and helping troop morale. Meanwhile, back in Alabama, the Head Coach of the University of Alabama is busy recruiting.

Let him hold up seven. Just more to motivate Bama. I see Bama as being as dangerous as they have been since 2005. I don't predict them to win over 8 games but they will definitely give teams trouble and be improved from last year IMO.

It Takes Eleven said:

RTR,

Tim

I just can't find a reason to be upset over this. Tuberville did a very honorable thing by going over there to help the morale of our American soldiers. If they got a kick out of it, then so be it.

Basically, I just said in a lot of words "I agree with Tim"

Good for Tubby, he should definitely enjoy it. It will always be something to brag about and rightfully so for years to come. It'll end soon though and I'll be more then happy to start holding up multiple fingers.

i don't really see a problem with this. i think its great that CTT is over there with them....if that makes life just a little better over there then so be it. i've never really been one to have a problem with the whole holding the numbers up thing. you can't tell me we wouldn't do the same thing if we beat them 6 in a row. they may layeth the smack until we beat them on the field.

I would call this a complete "Non-Story", but for a thought that I had.

If it had been Saban, or Carroll, or Spurrier, or Fulmer, or Meyers, of Miles, or Stoops, or Brown, or Tressel (note how long this list is), the troops would be asking to see their National Championship rings.

But not the Wingnut. The best that he can be asked to do is to brag about their success against a team who had been set upon by the NCAA with the expressed intention to make that team weak, to break it down. "Kicking a team when its down" is all that he has.

How sad for him...but I do appreciate him going over there to do whatever he could.

LBS said:
I would call this a complete "Non-Story", but for a thought that I had.

If it had been Saban, or Carroll, or Spurrier, or Fulmer, or Meyers, of Miles, or Stoops, or Brown, or Tressel (note how long this list is), the troops would be asking to see their National Championship rings.

But not the Wingnut. The best that he can be asked to do is to brag about their success against a team who had been set upon by the NCAA with the expressed intention to make that team weak, to break it down. "Kicking a team when its down" is all that he has.

How sad for him...but I do appreciate him going over there to do whatever he could.

This!!

eshad said:
It Takes Eleven said:

RTR,

Tim

Bingo. I agree.

Me,too.

I don't see a problem with this at all. As a lot have already said Tubby went over there to cheer up the troops and if holding up some fingers and poking fun at Bama does the trick then I'm for it.

Everybody knows the streak will end and if the roles were reversed we Bama fans would be doing the samething and more.

As a member of the USAF Nat Guard when I was over in Afghanastan it would've meant alot to have people like CTT come over there and hang out.

Cory

ElephantStomp said:
I don't see a problem with this at all. As a lot have already said Tubby went over there to cheer up the troops and if holding up some fingers and poking fun at Bama does the trick then I'm for it.

Everybody knows the streak will end and if the roles were reversed we Bama fans would be doing the samething and more.

As a member of the USAF Nat Guard when I was over in Afghanastan it would've meant alot to have people like CTT come over there and hang out.

Cory

Agreed.

ElephantStomp said:

Cory

If having some coaches over there helped those guys in harms way...by all means.

The streak will end.

I dunno....somehow I don't see Coach Saban holding up fingers unless there's some bling on it. Even then I'm not sure he'd do it. Why hold it up ala Terry Bowden?

Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg

Despite the fingers Coach Tuberville and the other coaches did a wonderful thing by going over and visiting the Troops. It was a truly great thing to do.

After his trip was over he has some very good things to say about our men and women in uniform and his respect for our troops was real. He did not give up information he was asked to keep confidential regarding where they went.

My respect for Coach Tuberville and all the coaches that went on this trip went way up. It takes a good man to do what they did.

More Coaches, Celebrities and entertainers need to visit our men and women.

I suspect many are simply afraid to go and visit Iraq. Kellie Pickler put many to shame when she travelled all over Iraq to entertain the Troops.

I too would like to see more coaches make the trip. Coaches and all of us owe these men and women whatever support we can give.

Let's put this into context. The 3rd Infantry Division just returned from Iraq last month. The following is a list of men and women from the 3ID that gave the ultimate sacrifice on their 3rd deployment to Iraq. We owe these men and women and to haggle of Coach Tuberville raising his fingers should not distract from the visit that many of thousands of our troops enjoyed.

The Department of Defense announced May 28, 2008 the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Sgt. 1st Class Jason F. Dene, 37, of Castleton, Vt., died May 25 in Baghdad, Iraq, from injuries suffered in a non-combat related incident on May 24. He was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 64th Armor Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.

The Department of Defense announced May 27, 2008 the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Pfc. Kyle P. Norris, 22, of Zanesville, Ohio, died May 23 in Balad, Iraq, from wounds suffered when his vehicle encountered an improvised explosive device during a patrol May 22 in Jurf as Sakhr, Iraq. He was assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 7th Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.

The Department of Defense announced April 23, 2008 the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Pvt. Ronald R. Harrison, 25, of Morris Plains, N.J., died April 22 at Forward Operating Base Falcon near Baghdad, Iraq, of a non-combat related injury. He was assigned to the 703rd Brigade Support Battalion, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.

The Department of Defense announced April 14, 2008 the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Sgt. William E. Allmon, 25, of Ardmore, Okla., died April 12 in Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds suffered when his vehicle encountered an improvised explosive device. He was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 64th Armor Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.

The Department of Defense announced April 10, 2008 the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Staff Sgt. Jeffery L. Hartley, 25, of Hempstead, Texas, died April 8 in Kharguliah, Iraq, of wounds suffered when his vehicle encountered an improvised explosive device. He was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 10th Field Artillery Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Benning, Ga.

The Department of Defense announced April 4, 2008 the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom. Spc. Charles A. Jankowski, 24, of Panama City, Fla., died March 28, in Arab Jabour, Iraq, of wounds suffered when an improvised explosive device detonated near his vehicle. He was assigned to the 3rd Brigade Troops Battalion, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.

The Department of Defense announced April 3, 2008 the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom. Sgt. Dayne D. Dhanoolal, 26, of Brooklyn, died March 31 in Baghdad, of wounds suffered when an improvised explosive device detonated near his vehicle. He was assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Benning, Ga.

The Department of Defense announced April 2, 2008 the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom. Sgt. Jevon K. Jordan, 32, of Norfolk, Va., died Mar. 29 at Landstuhl Regional Medical Center, Landstuhl, Germany, from wounds suffered Mar. 23 in Abu Jassim, Iraq, when his vehicle encountered an improvised explosive. He was assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 7th Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.

The Department of Defense announced March 26, 2008 the death of four soldiers who were supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom. They died March 24 in Baghdad, Iraq, from wounds suffered when their vehicle encountered an improvised explosive on March 23. They were assigned to the 4th Battalion, 64th Armor Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team,
3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.

Killed were:

Pvt. George Delgado, 21, of Palmdale, Calif.

Staff Sgt. Christopher M. Hake, 26, of Enid, Okla.

Pfc. Andrew J. Habsieger, 22, of Festus, Mo.

Spc. Jose A. Rubio Hernandez, 24, of Mission, Texas.

The Department of Defense announced March 24, 2008 the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom. Pvt. Tyler J. Smith, 22, of Bethel, Maine, died Mar. 21 at Forward Operating Base Falcon near Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds suffered when the base received indirect fire. He was assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 7th Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.

The Department of Defense announced March 15, 2008 the death of five soldiers who were supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.
They died March 10 in Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds suffered when a suicide bomber detonated an explosive device. They were assigned to the 1st Battalion, 64th Armor Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.

Killed were:

Sgt. 1st. Class Shawn M. Suzch, 32, of Hilltown, Penn.

Staff Sgt. Ernesto G. Cimarrusti, 25, of Douglas, Ariz.

Staff Sgt. David D. Julian, 31, of Evanston, Wyo.

Cpl. Robert T. Mc David, 29, of Starkville, Miss.

Cpl. Scott A. Mc Intosh, 26, of Houston, Texas.

The Department of Defense announced February 22, 2008 the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Capt. Nathan R. Raudenbush, 25, of Pennsylvania, died Feb. 20 in Busayefi, Iraq, of wounds suffered when his vehicle encountered an improvised explosive device. He was assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 7th Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.

The Department of Defense announced January 21, 2008 the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Spc. Richard B. Burress, 25, of Naples, Fla., died Jan. 19 in Al Jabour, Iraq, of wounds sustained when his vehicle encountered an improvised explosive device. He was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 30th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division,
Fort Stewart, Ga.

The Department of Defense announced January 8, 2008 the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Spc. James D. Gudridge, 20, of Carthage, N.Y., died Jan. 6 in Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds suffered when his vehicle struck an improvised explosive device. He was assigned to the 4th Battalion, 64th Armor Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.

The Department of Defense announced January 8, 2008 the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Pfc. Timothy R. Hanson, 23, of Kenosha, Wis., died Jan. 7 in Salmon Pak, Iraq, of wounds suffered from enemy small arms fire. He was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 15th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Benning, Ga.

The Department of Defense announced January 4, 2008 the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Pfc. Joshua R. Anderson, 24, of Jordan, Minn., died Jan 2 in Kamasia, Iraq, of wounds suffered when an improvised explosive device detonated near his vehicle. He was assigned to the 6th Squadron, 8th Cavalry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.

The Department of Defense announced January 2, 2008 the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Sgt. Reno S. Lacerna, 44, of Waipahu, Hawaii, died Dec. 31, 2007 in Al Qayyarah, Iraq, of a non-combat related illness. He was assigned to the 87th Corps Support Battalion, 3rd Sustainment Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.

The Department of Defense announced December 26th the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Sgt. Peter C. Neesley, 28, of Grosse Pointe Farms, Mich., died Dec. 25 in Baghdad, Iraq, of an undetermined cause in a non-combat environment. He was assigned to the 3rd Squadron, 7th Cavalry Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.

The Department of Defense announced December 14, 2007 the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Sgt. Samuel E. Kelsey, 24, of Troup, Texas, died Dec 13 in Tunnis, Iraq, of wounds suffered when an improvised explosive device detonated. He was assigned to 3rd Battalion, 7th Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.

The Department of Defense announced November 23, 2007 the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Spc. Melvin L. Henley Jr., 26, of Jackson, Miss., died at Camp Striker in Baghdad on Nov. 21 of injuries suffered from non-combat related incident. He was assigned to the 603rd Aviation Support Battalion, 3rd Combat Aviation Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.

The Department of Defense announced November 18, 2007 the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Sgt. Steven C. Ganczewski, 22, of Niagara Falls, N.Y., died Nov. 16, in Balad, Iraq, wounds suffered from a combat-related incident. The incident is under investigation. He was assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment, Fort Benning, Ga.

The Department of Defense announced November 17, 2007 the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Sgt. Mason L. Lewis, 26, of Gloucester, Va., died in Baghdad on Nov. 16, as a result of a non-combat related training accident. He was assigned to the 26th Brigade Support Battalion, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.

The Department of Defense announced November 8, 2007 the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Sgt. Lui Tumanuvao, 29, of Fagaalu, American Samoa, died Nov. 7 in Arab Jabour, Iraq, of wounds suffered when he was struck by an improvised explosive device during combat operations. He was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 30th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, Fort Stewart, Ga.

The Department of Defense announced November 5th the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Pfc. Dwane A. Covert Jr., 20, of Tonawanda, N.Y., died Nov 3, in Al-Sahra, Iraq, from injuries suffered in a non-combat related incident. He was assigned to the 104th Transportation Company, 13th Corps Support Sustainment Battalion, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Benning, Ga.

The Department of Defense announced November 2nd the death of three soldiers who were supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom. They died Oct. 30 of wounds suffered in Salman Pak, Iraq, when enemy forces engaged their unit with small arms fire and an improvised explosive device. They were assigned to the 1st Battalion, 15th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Benning, Ga.
Killed were:
Sgt. Daniel L. McCall, 24, of Pace, Fla. He died in Baghdad, Iraq.

Pfc. Rush M. Jenkins, 22, of Clarksville, Tenn. He died in Salman Pak, Iraq.

Pvt. Cody M. Carver, 19, of Haskell, Okla. He died in Salman Pak, Iraq.

The Department of Defense announced October 9th the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Cpl. Benjamin C. Dillon, 22, of Rootstown, Ohio, died Oct. 7 in northern Iraq of wounds suffered when insurgents attacked his unit with small arms fire. He was assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment, Fort Benning, Ga.

The Department of Defense announced Sept. 20th the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Pfc. Christian M. Neff, 19, of Lima, Ohio, died Sept. 19 in Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds suffered from an improvised explosive device. He was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 64th Armor Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.

The Department of Defense announced Sept. 17th the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Sgt. John Mele, 25, of Bunnell, Fla., died Sept. 14 in Arab Jabour, Iraq, of wounds suffered when an improvised explosive device detonated near his unit during combat operations. He was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 30th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.

The Department of Defense announced Sept.11th the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Cpl. Javier G. Paredes, 24, of San Antonio, died Sept. 5 in Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds suffered from a rocket propelled grenade. He was assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Benning, Ga.

Spc. Keith A. Nurnberg, 26, of McHenry, Ill., died Sept. 5 in Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds suffered when insurgents attacked his unit during combat operations. He was assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Benning, Ga.

The Department of Defense announced Sept. 3rd the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom. Spc. Travis M. Virgadamo, 19, of Las Vegas, Nev., died Aug. 30 in Taji, Iraq, in a non-combat related incident. He was assigned to the 3d Squadron, 7th Cavalry Regiment, 2d Brigade Combat Team, 3d Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.

The Department of Defense announced August 20th the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.
1st Lt. Jonathan W. Edds, 24, of White Pigeon, Mich., died Aug. 17 in Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds suffered when insurgents attacked his vehicle using an improvised explosive device and small arms fire. He was assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Benning, Ga.

The Department of Defense announced August 16th the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Spc. Alun R. Howells, 20, of Parlin, Colo., died Aug. 13 in Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds suffered from enemy direct fire. He was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 64th Armor Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.

The Department of Defense announced August 14th the death of four soldiers who were supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom. They died Aug. 11 in Arab Jabour, Iraq, of wounds suffered from an improvised explosive device. They were assigned to the 1st Battalion, 30th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.
Killed were:
Staff Sgt. William D. Scates, 31, of Oklahoma City.
Sgt. Scott L. Kirkpatrick, 26, of Reston, Va.
Sgt. Andrew W. Lancaster, 23, of Stockton, Ill.
Spc. Justin O. Penrod, 24, of Mahomet, Ill.

The Department of Defense announced August 13th the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Pfc. William L. Edwards, 23, of Houston, died Aug. 11 in Arab Jabour, Iraq, of wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked his unit with small arms fire. He was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 30th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.

The Department of Defense announced July 30th the death of three soldiers who were supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom. They died July 26 in Saqlawiyah, Iraq of wounds sustained when an improvised explosive device detonated near their vehicle. They were assigned to the 5th Squadron, 7th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Brigade Combat Team,
3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.

Killed were:
Sgt. William R. Howdeshell, 37, of Norfolk, Va.,
Spc. Charles E Bilbrey, Jr., 21, of Owego, New York, and
Spc. Jaime Rodriguez, Jr., 19, of Oxnard, Calif.

The Department of Defense announced July 15th the death of one soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Sgt. Allen A. Greka, 29, of Alpena, Michigan, died July 13 of wounds sustained from a land mine detonation during a dismounted patrol in Jisr Diyala, Iraq. He was assigned to the 3d Battalion, 1st Cavalry Regiment, 3d Brigade Combat Team, 3d Infantry Division at Fort Benning, Georgia.

The Department of Defense announced July 13th the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Sgt. Courtney T. Johnson, 26, of Garner, N.C., died July 11 in Besmaya, Iraq, of wounds sustained when insurgents attacked his unit with indirect fire. He was assigned to the 3rd Brigade Special Troops Battalion, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Benning, Ga.

The Department of Defense announced July 11th the death of two soldiers who were supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom. They died July 6 in Iraq of wounds suffered when an improvised explosive device detonated near their vehicle.
Killed were:
Sgt. Gene L. Lamie, 25, of Homerville, Ga. He was assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 7th Cavalry Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.
Pfc. Le Ron A. Wilson, 18, of Queens, N.Y. He was assigned to the 26th Brigade Support Battalion, 2nd Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.

The Department of Defense announced July 11th the death of a soldier who were supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom. He died July 6 in Muhammad Sath, Iraq, of wounds sustained from an improvised explosive device.
Pfc. Bruce C. Salazar Jr., 24, of Tracy, Calif. He was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 30th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.

The Department of Defense announced July 8th the death of two soldiers who were supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom.
Spc. Michelle R. Ring, 24, of Martin, Tenn., died July 5 of wounds sustained from enemy mortar fire in Baghdad, Iraq. She was assigned to the 92d Military Police Battalion, Fort Benning, Ga.
Sgt. Thomas P. McGee, 23, of Hawthorne, Calif., died July 6 of wounds sustained when his vehicle struck an improvised explosive device in Wazi Khwa, Afghanistan. He was assigned to the 546th Military Police Company, 385th Military Police Battalion, Fort Stewart, Ga.

The Department of Defense announced June 26th the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Pfc. Henry G. Byrd III, 20, of Veguita, N.M., died June 24 in Landstuhl Germany, from a non-combat related illness sustained June 18 while in Iraq. His death is under investigation.
Byrd was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 30th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.

The Department of Defense announced June 25th the death of three soldiers who were supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom. They died June 23 in Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds suffered when their unit was attacked by insurgents using an improvised explosive device and small arms fire. They were assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Benning, Ga.
Killed were:
Staff Sgt. Michael D. Moody Jr., 31, of Richmond, Va.
Sgt. Chris Davis, 35, of Lubbock, Texas.
Pvt. Shane M. Stinson, 23, of Fullerton, Calif.

The Department of Defense announced June 25th the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Spc. Carter A. Gamble Jr., 24 of Brownstown, Ind., died June 24 in Duraiya, Iraq, of wounds suffered from enemy small arms fire. He was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 15th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Benning, Ga.

The Department of Defense announced June 25th the death of four soldiers who were supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom. They died June 20 in Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds suffered when an improvised explosive device detonated near their vehicle. They were assigned to the 1st Battalion, 64th Armor Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.
Killed were:
Maj. Sid W. Brookshire, 36, of Missouri.
Staff Sgt. Darren P. Hubbell, 38, of Tifton, Ga.
Spc. Joe G. Charfauros Jr., 33, of Rota, Mariana Islands.
Pfc. David J. Bentz III, 20, of Newfield, N.J.

The Department of Defense announced June 21st the death of two soldiers who were supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom. They died June 19 in Muhammad al Ali, Iraq, of wounds sustained when an improvised explosive device detonated near their vehicle.
Killed were:
Sgt. 1st Class William A. Zapfe, 35, of Muldraugh, Ky.
Pfc. Joshua S. Modgling, 22, of Las Vegas. They were assigned to the 1st Battalion, 30th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.

Pfc. Larry Parks Jr., 24, of Altoona, Penn., died June 18 in Arab Jabor, Iraq, of wounds suffered when an improvised explosive device detonated near his vehicle. He was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 30th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.Cpl. Dustin R. Brisky, 26, of Round Rock, Texas, died June 14 in Tallil, Iraq, of wounds suffered from an explosion. He was assigned to the Army Reserve’s 952nd Engineer Company, Paris, Texas. The unit was attached to the 92nd Engineer Battalion, 3rd Sustainment Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga

Pfc. Robert A. Liggett, 23, of Urbana, Ill., died May 29 in Rustamiyah, Iraq, from injuries suffered in a non-combat related incident. His death is under investigation. Liggett was assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Benning, Ga.

The Department of Defense announced May 25th the death of two soldiers who were supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom. They died May 23 of wounds suffered when an improvised explosive device detonated near their unit in Ramadi, Iraq. They were assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.
Killed were:
Staff Sgt. Steve Butcher Jr., 27, of Penfield, N.Y. He died in Ramadi, Iraq.
Pfc. Daniel P. Cagle, 22, of Carson, Calif. He died in Balad, Iraq.

The Department of Defense announced May 17th the death of two soldiers who were supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom. They died May 14 in Salman Pak, Iraq, of wounds suffered when their unit came in contact with enemy forces using an improvised explosive device and small arms fire. They were assigned to the 1st Battalion, 15th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Benning, Ga.
Killed were:
Sgt. Allen J. Dunckley, 25, of Yardley, Pa.
Sgt. Christopher N. Gonzalez, 25, of Winslow, Ariz.

The Department of Defense announced May 11th the death of two soldiers who were supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom. They died May 8 in Salman Pak, Iraq, of wounds suffered when an improvised explosive device detonated near their vehicle. Both soldiers were assigned to Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Benning, Ga.
Killed were:
Sgt. Blake C. Stephens, 25, of Pocatello, Idaho.
Spc. Kyle A. Little, 20, of West Boylston, Mass.

The Department of Defense announced today the death of three soldiers who were supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom. They died Apr. 28 in Salman Pak, Iraq, of wounds suffered when their vehicle was struck with an improvised explosive device and small arms fire during combat operations. They were assigned to the 1st Battalion, 15th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Benning, Ga.
Killed were:
Sgt. Glenn D. Hicks Jr., 24, of College Station, Texas.
Pfc. Jay-D H. Ornsby-Adkins, 21, of Ione, Calif.
Pvt. Cole E. Spencer, 21, of Gays, Ill.

The Department of Defense announced today the death of two soldiers who were supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom. They died Apr. 27 in Fallujah, Iraq, of wounds suffered when an improvised explosive device detonated near their vehicle during combat operations. They were assigned to the 5th Squadron, 7th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.
Killed were:
Spc. Eddie D. Tamez, 21, of Galveston, Texas.
Pfc. David A. Kirkpatrick, 20, of Upland, Ind.

Pfc. Nicholas E. Riehl, 21, of Shiocton, Wis., died Apr. 27 in Fallujah, Iraq, of wounds suffered when an improvised explosive device detonated near his unit during combat patrol. He was assigned to the 5th Squadron, 7th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.

Pfc. Richard P. Langenbrunner, 19, of Fort Wayne, Ind., died Apr. 17 in Rustamiyah, Iraq, of injuries suffered from a non-combat related incident. His death is under investigation. Langenbrunner was assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment, 3rd Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Benning, Ga.

Staff Sgt. Harrison Brown, 31, of Prichard, Ala., died April 8 in Baghdad, Iraq, when his unit came in contact with enemy forces using an improvised explosive device and small arms fire. He was assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Benning, Ga.

Pfc. David N. Simmons, 20, of Kokomo, Ind., died April 8 in Baghdad, Iraq, when his unit came in contact with enemy forces using an improvised explosive device and small arms fire. He was assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Benning, Ga.

Sgt. Adrian J. Lewis, 30, of Mauldin, S.C., died Mar. 21 in Ramadi, Iraq, of wounds suffered when his unit came in contact with enemy forces using small arms fire during combat operations. He was assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.

Pfc. Joey T. Sams II, 22, of Spartanburg, S.C., died Mar. 21 at Camp Buehring, Kuwait, of injuries suffered when he was pinned between two vehicles. His death is under investigation. Sams was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 15th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Benning, Ga.

Spc. Forrest J. Waterbury, 25, of Richmond, Texas, died Mar. 14 near Ramadi, Iraq, when his unit came in contact with enemy forces using small arms fire. He was assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.

Sgt. William J. Beardsley, 25, of Coon Rapids, Minn., died Feb. 26 in Diwaniyah, Iraq, of wounds suffered when an improvised explosive device detonated near his vehicle. Beardsley was assigned to the 260th Quartermaster Battalion, 3rd Sustainment Troop Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.
To sign Sgt. William J. Beardsley's online Memorial guest book click here

Pvt. Kelly D. Youngblood, 19, of Mesa, Ariz., died Feb. 18 in Ramadi, Iraq, of wounds suffered during combat operations. He was assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.

The Department of Defense announced the death of two soldiers who were supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom. They died Feb. 2 in Ramadi, Iraq, of injuries sustained when they came in contact with enemy forces using small arms fire.
Killed were:
Spc. Alan E. McPeek, 20, of Tucson, Ariz. He was assigned to the 16th Engineer Battalion, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 1st Armored Division, Giessen, Germany.
Pvt. Matthew T. Zeimer, 18, of Glendive, Mont. He was assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.

The Department of Defense announced Dec 4th, 2006 the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Staff Sgt. John L. Hartman Jr., 39, of Tampa, Fla., died Nov. 30 in Baghdad, Iraq, of injuries suffered when an improvised explosive device detonated near his HMMWV during combat operations. He was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 9th Field Artillery Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.

The Department of Defense announced Nov. 27th, 2006 the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Pvt. Reece D. Moreno, 19, of Prescott, Ariz., died of injuries suffered in a non-combat related incident in Balad, Iraq, on Nov. 24. Moreno was assigned to the 92 Engineer Battalion, 3rd Sustainment Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.

The Department of Defense announced Sept.25th, 2006 the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.
1st Lt. Ashley L. (Henderson) Huff, 23, of Belle Mead, N.J., died of injuries suffered in Mosul, Iraq, on Sept.19, when a suicide vehicle-borne improvised explosive device detonated near her mounted patrol during combat operations. Huff was assigned to the 549th Military Police Company, 385th Military Police Battalion, Fort Stewart, Ga

Back
Top Bottom