| FTBL Tubberville and TexasAM

He was an assistant there for one season and evidently was liked very much. I heard the rumors all day too. God knows the Ags will open the vault for him. Wonder if Tubbs will stick around and just take another big raise? Say $38 million or so?

reger60 said:
He was an assistant there for one season and evidently was liked very much. I heard the rumors all day too. God knows the Ags will open the vault for him. Wonder if Tubbs will stick around and just take another big raise? Say $38 million or so?

I bet A&M will shell out between 3 & 3.5 mil a year for Tubby. I don't know if Auburn likes him that much to match that. I wonder what the Auburn guys on this board think about it?

rmctide said:
reger60 said:

I bet A&M will shell out between 3 & 3.5 mil a year for Tubby. I don't know if Auburn likes him that much to match that. I wonder what the Auburn guys on this board think about it?

For that kinda of money they could have anyone. Not bashing TT, but lets face it they could buy anyone what makes TT a front runer. If in fact he is one... I mean would you not go after that guy at USC or UF they're all under contracts.

Really thinking about who gives a damn it's time we take care of ours not worry about anyone else. We're playing UT son! RTR!

Ok here comes my objective opinion. First let me say that I do NOT want him to leave. I would really like to get revenge against him. But, this is why I think he will head west to ATM.

1. Nick Saban. I don't think Tubs likes playing second fiddle to anyone, but about 2009 I think that things will really change and Alabama will return to national prominence. I think Tubs chances at a National Championship are getting less and less and what has really kept the fans and BOT happy is beating Alabama 5 times in a row. Honestly, if you have ever paid attention to them, you would think that beating us was their sole reason to exist anyway.

2. The Big 12. Ok lets look at it like this. SEC will have Alabama, LSU, Arkansas, Tennessee, Georgia, and Florida. These teams are not always good or even ranked, but they are also hard to beat no matter what kind of season they are having. Also, look at the quality of teams that I have left off, SC with the OBC at head coach it won't be long before they are at the top of the page (heck they are ranked 7th right now!) Even some of the weaker teams, for example MSU can slip up and beat you.

But then if you look at the Big 12 I would say Texas, OK and Nebraska are about the only goliath teams in the conference. The rest are good probably once every 5-10 seasons. So being in a weaker conference could mean that a National Championship may be something that could be attained.

3. Auburn's BOT. I really do think that AU's Bot have had it in for him since jet gate. Think about it like this. Say you work at a Fortune 500 company and say that the bot and your boss are about to make a really dumb maneuver. Now say that at the last minute you figure out a way to save them from themselves and stop whatever it is they were about to do(say convert themselves 100% to betamax instead of VHS.) Now you are a hero to the shareholders, but do you think that there might still be some animosity towards you the next day?

Also, I think that November 24th will play a lot into it too. If we upset them at home, I think that a lot of the Auburn faithful will see it as a sign of things to come and will gladly send him to ATM (and possibly secretly waive his buy out in the process.)

rammajamma said:
Ok here comes my objective opinion. First let me say that I do NOT want him to leave. I would really like to get revenge against him. But, this is why I think he will head west to ATM.

1. Nick Saban. I don't think Tubs likes playing second fiddle to anyone, but about 2009 I think that things will really change and Alabama will return to national prominence. I think Tubs chances at a National Championship are getting less and less and what has really kept the fans and BOT happy is beating Alabama 5 times in a row. Honestly, if you have ever paid attention to them, you would think that beating us was their sole reason to exist anyway.

2. The Big 12. Ok lets look at it like this. SEC will have Alabama, LSU, Arkansas, Tennessee, Georgia, and Florida. These teams are not always good or even ranked, but they are also hard to beat no matter what kind of season they are having. Also, look at the quality of teams that I have left off, SC with the OBC at head coach it won't be long before they are at the top of the page (heck they are ranked 7th right now!) Even some of the weaker teams, for example MSU can slip up and beat you.

But then if you look at the Big 12 I would say Texas, OK and Nebraska are about the only goliath teams in the conference. The rest are good probably once every 5-10 seasons. So being in a weaker conference could mean that a National Championship may be something that could be attained.

3. Auburn's BOT. I really do think that AU's Bot have had it in for him since jet gate. Think about it like this. Say you work at a Fortune 500 company and say that the bot and your boss are about to make a really dumb maneuver. Now say that at the last minute you figure out a way to save them from themselves and stop whatever it is they were about to do(say convert themselves 100% to betamax instead of VHS.) Now you are a hero to the shareholders, but do you think that there might still be some animosity towards you the next day?

Also, I think that November 24th will play a lot into it too. If we upset them at home, I think that a lot of the Auburn faithful will see it as a sign of things to come and will gladly send him to ATM (and possibly secretly waive his buy out in the process.)

Some interesting points there.....

Optimus said:
rmctide said:
reger60 said:

If in fact he is one..For that kinda of money they could have anyone. Not bashing TT, but lets face it they could buy anyone what makes TT a front runer. . I mean would you not go after that guy at USC or UF they're all under contracts.

Exactly. I think it's TT's/Aubrun attempt of capturing the limelight. I am not disputing the facts of his record but it's not like the elite have come knocking. He'll entertain anything out there so he can turn and say pay me or trade me. It's now or never because He knows in a couple of years it will be harder to come by with Coach Saban's thumb in his ear and the fear the lear group refueling.

Now....let's forget TT/Aubrun and get it ready for TN.

a$# Roll Tide!
Really thinking about who gives a damn it's time we take care of ours not worry about anyone else. We're playing UT son! RTR!

Swamptick said:
Optimus said:

The above post for the WIN!

The reason I care is because I love for their to be controversy going on @ The Barn. Distractions are a definite advantage, and the more that this rumor lives come Nov 24th the better chances that it helps us in the Iron Bowl. Also, with uncertainty at the head coaching position, recruits are more likely to think twice about going there. But mostly, I love this kind of stuff cause it pisses off Auburn fans.

Also, I remember in 2002 when Franchione phoned in the Iron Bowl from the ATM airplane. I paid a lot of money for those tickets and we could have won it.

um....so when did Texas A&M become the hotest place to coach in the country? Maybe its only becuase im 23...but A&M has always sucked at football for what i can remember. Maybe back in the day....but now there a 3rd teir team.

Personally i don't think TT leaves Auburn. Especially not to Texas A&M.

Texas A&M is a good school to get your foot in the door with, but i think their past assistants and head coaches have put up better records at other schools then their time at A&M.

So unless they pay him a lot of money. Why would Tuberville want to leave?

SpecThis said:
So unless they pay him a lot of money. Why would Tuberville want to leave?

Bingo. There is probably more money in that program than any in other in college football. As in big time oil money.

rmctide said:
reger60 said:

I would hate to see Tubbs leave but I wouldn't be devastated. I think most of our recent success revolves around the round man(Borges) and if CTT left I don't think much would change as I'm sure he would step up and take the job.

BUT...I really don't think CTT leaves for A&M, maybe another school but not A&M.

Texas A&M=
train_wreck.jpg

rammajamma said:

Well, of course it is. Don't tell me you really believed that rumor about a college somewhere around Toomer's Corner, didja? :shock: :lol:

I'll be surprised if he leaves Auburn. He took over when they were down, and built them into an outstanding program. He can reap the rewards for several years, and Auburn will give him a big fat raise to counter the Aggies' offers (assuming they make him one).

If we beat him this year, he is gone. It will be a clear sign of things to come. He already knows CNS has the state on lock down when it comes to recruiting. He had the state on lockdown before he coached a game! He knows its coming. Better get out while the getting is good.

Back
Top Bottom