| FTBL Top Eights Bama QB Passing yards. When will Tua go up the ranking?

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
MOST PASS YARDS:
1 A.J. McCarron 9,019 = 4838
2 John Parker Wilson 7,924 = 2986
3 Brodie Croyle 6,382 = 1444
4 Andrew Zow 5,983 = 1045
5 Greg McElroy 5,691 = 753
6 Jay Barker 5,689 =751
7 Jalen Hurts 5,626 = 688
8 Tua Tagovailoa 4,938 This is what he has including the first game of 2019.
How many will Tua pass going up? If my math is right and I check it twice. This is what he needs to tie each Bama QB.

If he stays healthy, I think he certainly passes everyone except AJ - and he has a decent shot at AJ. My calculation shows him 4,081 yards shy of AJ, not 4,838 (9,019 minus 4,938).

Possible scenarios from worst to best:

1. If we miss on both SECC game AND aren't bowl eligible - yes, the board will have long since melted down - but he'd need to average 371 passing yards a game.
2. If we miss on the SECC and playoffs, but go to a bowl (or miss on SECCG and lose in playoffs first round), that's 12 remaining games - Tua would need to average 340 a game.
3. If we play 14 games (13 remaining) by playing SECCG and a bowl/playoff, that would mean 314 a game.
4. Finally, we play 15 games (SECCG and two playoff games), Tua would need to average 292 to break the record.

Other than injury, the biggest impediment to him breaking the record is Saban's distaste for running up the score, and the imperative to develop the backups. As the old saying goes, the only person to hold Michael Jordan below 20 points was Dean Smith.

RTR,

Tim

Well.....tua may well have some 400 yard days....could balance it some....but vs lsu...uga...2 tough playoff games....he could play 4 quarters...
If tua is to win Heisman....with the nations love for Hurts....he better really have some unbelievable days..ON NATIONAL TV.
IMO, to win the Heisman he will have to jump Jalen and Fields, you know the media luvs them some bucknutz.

Fields won't be in contender come December. OSU has some games they may drop.
I think in the end, we will se Tua and Jalen Sitting in NYC finding out who gets the hardware.

And I wonder which will be the deciding factor: The weariness of seeing another OU QB winning it...or the weariness of anything Alabama does to win it. Of course, both have to earn the invite to be there. And even then, neither of them may be worthy depending on what the other quality QB's produce this season. All I will say is; GO TUA AND ROLL TIDE!

He chose to leave Alabama, Therefore, I’m no longer a fan of Jalen.
That being said, wish him all the luck I can and hope we meet ok in the playoffs or the NCG.

Back
Top Bottom