| FTBL Tommy Bowden calls Nick Saban for advice...

TerryP

Staff
CLEMSON, S.C. (AP) -- Clemson coach Tommy Bowden needed to find out what went wrong in his team's opening 34-10 loss to Alabama, so he went to the source.

Bowden spoke with Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban on Sunday and asked how the Tigers might improve this season.

Bowden also spoke with his father, Florida State coach Bobby Bowden; Virginia Tech coach Frank Beamer and Georgia coach Mark Richt.

Bowden said he thinks his players put too much into the preseason hype of starting ninth in the country. The coach said his players couldn't match Alabama's intensity and came up on the short end Saturday at the Georgia Dome.

From CNN.SI.com

Maybe Saban offered some friendly advice on not letting your coaches give the other team any locker room material. Especially when it is very uncalled for.
At least that's where I'd start the conversation. :lol:

BamaHeat said:
I think that was a good idea. I just don't think I would let it become public.

I'm sure their fan base agrees with that. I do wonder what he expected to hear from Beamer...seems he has a lot of questions to answer himself about his own team.

Then there's "Daddy?"

TerryP said:
BamaHeat said:
I think that was a good idea. I just don't think I would let it become public.

I'm sure their fan base agrees with that. I do wonder what he expected to hear from Beamer...seems he has a lot of questions to answer himself about his own team.

Then there's "Daddy?"

I imagine the call to daddy was useless, other than to ask how every one was :roll:

TerryP said:
bamascw said:
I think Tommy needs to put in a call to 1-800-1resume
or maybe visit monster.com...he could be moving soon. :D

It's going to take some $$$$$.

They just renewed his contract and raised his buyout to 4MM.

he is not going anywhere!!!!! ^^SPEN

TerryP said:
bamascw said:

Unless the ACC is as bad as Clemson is (and it could be worse WOW)..........he will be bought out and rightfully so IMO.

Lenny Kozlowski said:
TerryP said:
bamascw said:

Unless the ACC is as bad as Clemson is (and it could be worse WOW)..........he will be bought out and rightfully so IMO.

And I'm just waiting to hear the media jump all over that buyout. I'm sure they'll give it as much attention as Shula's 2MM one. :roll:

Clemson's Bowden calls 'Bama's Saban for advice

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/ncaa/09/02/bowden.saban.ap/index.html

Read Full Article At Link Above.

----------------
----------------

CLEMSON, S.C. (AP) -- Call it immersion therapy, delving back into a hurtful event to prevent its recurrence.

Clemson coach Tommy Bowden took the plunge Monday, calling colleague Nick Saban after his Alabama club knocked the ninth-ranked Tigers out of the top 25 with a 34-10 loss this past Saturday.

Lenny Kozlowski said:
TerryP said:
bamascw said:

That would require that money being raised entirely from IPTAY.

Their entire Athletic Department's revenue sits right at 40 million. Putting that in perspective, our football program profited just over 32 million last season.

I see his situation no different from Tuberville.

...not only did Bowden call Saban - he actually went to his office to see him!

Below is an actual videotape of the meeting:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oof60kDFqAc[/youtube]

TerryP said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:
TerryP said:
bamascw said:

Their entire Athletic Department's revenue sits right at 40 million. Putting that in perspective, our football program profited just over 32 million last season.

So you think a 6-6 (7-5) year and Tommy keeps his job?

Lenny Kozlowski said:
TerryP said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:
TerryP said:
bamascw said:

So you think a 6-6 (7-5) year and Tommy keeps his job?

Don't know, don't care. That has never been something I've commented on in this thread.

What I've said is if they do get rid of him this year it's going to take some $$$$. The last time I looked at their financial statements they were only in the black to the tune of about half a million.

This probably happens a lot. Coaches calling coaches about the game results. I used to hear of this often when teams played Bama. Coaches calling Bear and asking advice. I think its ashamed that it gets public though.

Call me silly but to me its like a big sign above your coaches head....'I don't know what the hell I'm doing somebody help me out'

Bowdens been coaching long enough to take a look at the game and see how you got your butt kicked. If you need help and or direction at this point in your career, you need to go back to another division or being a positonal coach. IMO

Back
Top Bottom