Roy Upchurch- 5 for 34 yards
Mike McCoy- 4 for 92 yards
Darius Hanks- 2 for 39 yards, 1 TD
Tarence Farmer- 2 for 40 yards

FIELD GOALS
Leigh Tiffin- Made: 51
Corey Smith- Made: 40, 26 / Missed: 37

PUNTS
P.J. Fitzgerald- 5 punts, 228 yards, 45.6 average, 1 inside 20.
Heath Thomas- 6 punts, 230 yards, 38.3 average

DEFENSIVE STATISTICS
Rolando McClain- 5 tackles, 1 PBU, 2 sacks, 1 QBH
Alfred McCullough- 5 tackles, 1 sack, 1 TFL, 1 QBH
Jimmy Johns- 4 tackles
Marquis Johnson- 4 tackles
Corey Reamer- 3 tackles, 1 sack, 1 TFL

SCORING
Touchdowns- 6 (Nick Walker 3 yard pass from John Parker Wilson; Darius Hanks 35 yard pass from Nick Fanuzzi; Roy Upchurch 16 yard run; Upchurch 46 yard run; Jeramie Griffin 2 yard run; Rob Ezell blocked punt for touchdown)

PATs- 4 (Tiffin 3-3, Smith 1-1)

It Takes Eleven said:
Thanks, Porter. Has Smith been punting at all during practice? I thought he was supposed to be a strong punter as well.

Yes, but apparently, his transition to punting on this level has not been smooth. As of now, PJ appears to have a pretty firm hold on that job. Smith might find his way onto the field handling kickoffs next fall, we'll just have to see I guess.

I've heard some talk about Santana and the people that I saw posting on practice today say that the kid's a real fire cracker. Granted he was going against 2nd and 3rd team defenders they really seemed to like what they saw from him.

Apparently he's a transfer from Western Georgia. Not sure how he fits into things and he could be nothing more than depth, but he seems to have made some fans among observers.

Never hurts to have a surpluse of backs.

The thing that makes Saban such a good coach is the fact that he's making the players multi-capable as far as positions go. If he thinks you're capable at playing 2 or 3 different positions, then he'll make you play at all 3 of them. He reminds me of a quote from Coach Bryant, "Don't ever give up on ability, and don't give up on a player who has it." Some of the position changes have suprised me, but they've all been great decisions by CNS IMO. I just hope that the guys with new positions get comfortable, and will be a complete 180 from last year. RTR

*Also, what do you guys of Harris's chances of starting at LB? I'm asking this because from the pics and vids I've seen,he has the size,speed,and attitude to be in the starting roster. I hope he gives JJ and McClain some good competition. :D

BamaFan19 said:
*Also, what do you guys of Harris's chances of starting at LB? I'm asking this because from the pics and vids I've seen,he has the size,speed,and attitude to be in the starting roster. I hope he gives JJ and McClain some good competition. :D

He and Hightower will both be getting plenty of playing time, and one or both are likely to start.

Porter said:
BamaFan19 said:

He and Hightower will both be getting plenty of playing time, and one or both are likely to start.

Thanks Porter, it's good to know someone else feels the same way.

how is brandon gibson doing? i was pretty excited about him when he signed, and have'nt heard much out of him. anyone know how he is doing?

crimsontradition14 said:
Porter said:
crimsontradition14 said:
Is Fanuzzi going to see more playing time than McElroy?

That might be a trick question, because I'm not sure either will play at all barring injury to JPW at this point.

In situations where we are up by 30 in the fourth, theoretically, who will come in as the backup quarterback.

Hypothetical and theoretical questions are no longer allowed in the Bama Nation due to the Saban rule. :wink:

As of this past weekend, Greg is still considered the #2 guy if you look at who they are working out with. At this point, like it was at the beginning of spring, there isn't as much difference between the #2 and #3 QB as there is between the starting role.

TerryP said:
crimsontradition14 said:
Porter said:
crimsontradition14 said:
Is Fanuzzi going to see more playing time than McElroy?

That might be a trick question, because I'm not sure either will play at all barring injury to JPW at this point.

In situations where we are up by 30 in the fourth, theoretically, who will come in as the backup quarterback.

Hypothetical and theoretical questions are no longer allowed in the Bama Nation due to the Saban rule. :wink:

As of this past weekend, Greg is still considered the #2 guy if you look at who they are working out with. At this point, like it was at the beginning of spring, there isn't as much difference between the #2 and #3 QB as there is between the starting role.

Thank you, that is all I wanted to know.

Porter said:
It Takes Eleven said:
Thanks, Porter. Has Smith been punting at all during practice? I thought he was supposed to be a strong punter as well.

Yes, but apparently, his transition to punting on this level has not been smooth. As of now, PJ appears to have a pretty firm hold on that job. Smith might find his way onto the field handling kickoffs next fall, we'll just have to see I guess.

From the stats, it appears that competition is good for the punting spot.

Back
Top Bottom