| FTBL Tide owns 4th quarter

Please tell me it's not a TAM fan. Oh God please tell me it's not!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That would be the saddest thing ever to cross this forum. One of the laughing stocks of D1 wants to talk smack? :lol:

tidentrue12 said:
wow, can't wait for that second post :lol:

OK, but you asked for it. Maybe the Bama coach would do better by staying with his team on game day instead of schmoozing on TV with the ESPN Game Day boys and talking about how his team owns the 4th quarter. And what's up with that baby blue blazer he was wearing? Did he bring that with him from Miami?

Atlanta_Tider said:
porkchop said:
Please tell me it's not a TAM fan. Oh God please tell me it's not!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That would be the saddest thing ever to cross this forum. One of the laughing stocks of D1 wants to talk smack? :lol:
Just dont talk about their damn collie! :D

Now now, lets leave Lassie out of this :D

porkchop said:
This is going to get interesting.

250 east of Aggieland huh? That would put you in Bayou Bengal country wouldn't it.

You are correct, sir. Sorry to intrude on the Tide forum but I couldn't resist when I saw Saban's self-serving pre-game performance on ESPN. That was completely out of character for him... who does he think he is now? Lou Holtz? SEC coaches don't usually do that kind of thing. Even the "ole ball coach" won't be seen on a TV production set on game day.

Listen, Saban is a great football coach and we hated to lose him in Baton Rouge. Tide fans have every reason to be excited about the future... Saban will be successful IF he can get the players. Right now, through no fault of his own of course, he's not quite there. As a former Bama coach once said, "it's not the X's and O's, it's the Jimmies and Joes". Saban has a good track record of getting players but he has never had to compete for those players against another in-state powerhouse, at least in the SEC. You could certainly argue the Michigan State-Michigan situation but, as I recall, he didn't exactly dominate in that setting.

Anyway, I'm happy (believe it or not) to see Bama back in the picture. The SEC was not the same when the Tide was down just as it wasn't the same when the Tigers were down. Good luck, and we'll see you in November. With that, I'll bow out of your excellent forum.

karlintx said:
porkchop said:
This is going to get interesting.

250 east of Aggieland huh? That would put you in Bayou Bengal country wouldn't it.

You are correct, sir. Sorry to intrude on the Tide forum but I couldn't resist when I saw Saban's self-serving pre-game performance on ESPN. That was completely out of character for him... who does he think he is now? Lou Holtz? SEC coaches don't usually do that kind of thing. Even the "ole ball coach" won't be seen on a TV production set on game day.

Listen, Saban is a great football coach and we hated to lose him in Baton Rouge. Tide fans have every reason to be excited about the future... Saban will be successful IF he can get the players. Right now, through no fault of his own of course, he's not quite there. As a former Bama coach once said, "it's not the X's and O's, it's the Jimmies and Joes". Saban has a good track record of getting players but he has never had to compete for those players against another in-state powerhouse, at least in the SEC. You could certainly argue the Michigan State-Michigan situation but, as I recall, he didn't exactly dominate in that setting.

Anyway, I'm happy (believe it or not) to see Bama back in the picture. The SEC was not the same when the Tide was down just as it wasn't the same when the Tigers were down. Good luck, and we'll see you in November. With that, I'll bow out of your excellent forum.

For the time being you mean. I assume we'll be seeing you again in a few weeks.

karlintx said:
You are correct, sir. Sorry to intrude on the Tide forum but I couldn't resist when I saw Saban's self-serving pre-game performance on ESPN. That was completely out of character for him... who does he think he is now?

Maybe it's just me but I've seen Coach Saban on set with the gameday crew several times before he came to Bama. So in my opinion it's not out of character for him. It's part of showing class, hospitality and trying to show our University in a good light to the rest of the nation/world. Search youtube and google for Nick saban at lsu videos, espn gameday videos and you'll find several.

Back
Top Bottom