| FTBL Tide not satisfied with simply coming close

G

Good read http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/mobileregister/index.ssf?/base/sports/1194257977109730.xml&coll=3\

Snipit from the article:

But perhaps more impressive is the confidence of the players Alabama has now. Despite the textbook investigation and loss of five players to suspension, a perceived gap in talent and clear statistical deficit, Tide players ventured home Saturday night feeling like they should have beaten the mighty Tigers.

"I guess they can say they're a better team," safety Rashad Johnson said. "But as far as I believe, we've got as good team if not a better team."

"Honestly, I respect that team. I respected them before I played them, but I wasn't going to be scared of them at all," linebacker Darren Mustin said. "If you're going to be scared of them, you don't need to step on the field.

"I felt like at some points, we were better than the No. 3 team in the country."

I am so glad to read comments like this. I'm also glad that these guys don't seem to be as effected by the game as some of us are (i.e. me :( ).

Listening to the post game comments by the players made me even prouder of them. They still have lots to play for, and it starts with this Saturday. We have a score to settle with State.

Back
Top Bottom